Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
Also, I don't think B- is too scummy compared to the Banjo Conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am 100% okay with editing posts so long as it is within ~the ninja~ (the speed required seems to nullify the possible fuckery??) and also I hate typos so much (and once had a post so full of them as to be illegible (Xanax^TM)) that with notice and approval, in my games, typos and grammar and spelling are okay to edit, but I'm still gonna make a post saying it was an approved edit for clarity.

tho really boatsie it's always best to play on the side of caution and just post again, few mods are as batshit as I am.

in case you don't know make 100% certain you don't post your Role PM either

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
tick tick motherfuckers

in fact

i call a peanut on :siren:Asiina:siren:

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

peramene posted:

I am 100% okay with editing posts so long as it is within ~the ninja~ (the speed required seems to nullify the possible fuckery??) and also I hate typos so much (and once had a post so full of them as to be illegible (Xanax^TM)) that with notice and approval, in my games, typos and grammar and spelling are okay to edit, but I'm still gonna make a post saying it was an approved edit for clarity.

tho really boatsie it's always best to play on the side of caution and just post again, few mods are as batshit as I am.

in case you don't know make 100% certain you don't post your Role PM either

Gotcha. I saw it and felt like an idiot so changed it real quick. Next time I'll just post again

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ok I don’t have a good read on anyone right now. I almost think the best option is a no lynch. The risk is too high to lynch a town player with a powerful role. The scum already get a night kill, so why not limit the damage.

I don’t have any more time to post today. Sorry guys.
Not sure if Im doing this right but:
[b]##vote no lynch[/]

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Of course I forget the second b. ##vote no lynch

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Never mind, I'm starting to think B- is scummy again. We're probably going to no-lunch already just from lack of activity. Why should the people here also refuse to even try? PMush is even scummier for trying to frame up her motives as just playing nice, but I'm already voting her.

Maybe don't play Mafia and just play charades if you want to do post restrictions but never vote for anybody? :shrug:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Revolver Anidav posted:

Never mind, I'm starting to think B- is scummy again. We're probably going to no-lunch already just from lack of activity. Why should the people here also refuse to even try? PMush is even scummier for trying to frame up her motives as just playing nice, but I'm already voting her.

Maybe don't play Mafia and just play charades if you want to do post restrictions but never vote for anybody? :shrug:

k

##vote anidav

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Hour 1

PMush Perfect (3): Revolver Anidav, PASS THE MASH, Hal Incandenza
b-minus1 (2): Retro Futurist, TheBoat
JoshTheStampede (1): Moatillata
Lynch No One! (1): b-minus1
Asiina (1): JoshTheStampede
Revolver Anidav (1): Juchero
Juchero (1): Asiina

Not Voting (2): PMush Perfect, Xad

With 12 players, it's 7 votes to axe a motherfucker. The current deadline is November 10th, 2017 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

k

##vote anidav

Hmmmm!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Night 0 Summary

peramene, Party-aligned Host, has slipped into the basement.

Day 1 Summary

JoshTheStampede, PASS THE MASH, and Asiina left the party early.

Tired Moritz will be replacing JoshTheStampede.
GulagDolls will be replacing PASS THE MASH.
So much for the loving peanut gallery.

Asiina was a Party-aligned partygoer with no assigned disguise.

peramene fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 11, 2017

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Night One has begun, will conclude tomorrow at 5PM PST.

Role PMs going out now. Spectators will be linked the specdoc on request.

"Hello," she says, and she comes over to me and I can't believe how beautiful she is. Those great brown eyes, almost as dark as the center of mine. And her nose--I don't remember her for her nose but its beauty is clear to me now. Her nose is a little too long, but it's redeemed by the faint hook to it.

She scratches the back of my neck.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
As the clock strikes 11PM, GulagDolls, party-aligned wallflower (cop) descends to the basement.

It is now Day 2. You have all received your impersonation targets. Beginning D3, Those of us in the basement longer than a day will have our masquerade revealed.

Have fun!

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Okay can people loving post more today!!!! I want to solve murders!!!!!

##vote PMush

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Revolver Anidav posted:

Okay can people loving post more today!!!! I want to solve murders!!!!!

##vote PMush

....Gulags?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Y'know, I do have some opinions on this, why did we have to start so late at night?

I'm already so tired, jeeze, but I guess I'll give it my best.

Anidav, I kind of do want to vote for Pmush now, but I need something more. Could you provide a little more meat to your case?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

I will be replacing a cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't think pmush is town because I just realized that I never actually played with PMush and had her focusing on "fun" instead of immediately fosing everyone.

##vote Pmush see you cats tomorrow

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Spoopy!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Very sad that you guys decided to no lynch yesterday. Popping B-/PMush/Juchero would at least give us some reads.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Juchero posted:

Anidav, I kind of do want to vote for Pmush now, but I need something more. Could you provide a little more meat to your case?

You shouldnt no-lynch early because how are you gonna learn who's scummy if no one acts

Also its dumb

PMush is a silly goose for wanting so much to no-lunch while trying to sell it as having only fun in mind

I think her vote on Asiina was bad cause she never paid attention to my posts about peanut stumps, she just wanted to vote with me for a town lurker once someone else started it

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Revolver Anidav posted:

You shouldnt no-lynch early because how are you gonna learn who's scummy if no one acts

Also its dumb

PMush is a silly goose for wanting so much to no-lunch while trying to sell it as having only fun in mind

I think her vote on Asiina was bad cause she never paid attention to my posts about peanut stumps, she just wanted to vote with me for a town lurker once someone else started it

Hmm, alright this follows, but I'd like to put together my own case in the morning before I throw a vote out.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hardest thing about mafia is that once you start playing weird, and especially once you notice that you're playing weird, there's not really any way to un-notice it.

Juchero posted:

I kind of do want to vote for Pmush now
I thought we were friends

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

PMush Perfect posted:

Hardest thing about mafia is that once you start playing weird, and especially once you notice that you're playing weird, there's not really any way to un-notice it.

I thought we were friends

Sorry!

You know how it is though, friends mean little past day 1. Nothing personal, but I'm pretty sure you're my top pick.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm mostly suspicious of anyone who was big on dunking Juchero yesterday but won't make a peep about it today. He was an easy target, but now he's not, so who drops their convictions is going to be telling.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I am sick. Let it be known before I pass out of a zzquil infused night. I'll be making a case in the morning. Night peeps.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm mostly suspicious of anyone who was big on dunking Juchero yesterday but won't make a peep about it today. He was an easy target, but now he's not, so who drops their convictions is going to be telling.

idk about anything anyone else was doing, but one of the scummiest things about Juchero was how he wanted to keep voting me for real bad reasons

Also my posts weren't that offensive

But now he changed his mind?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
are you having a good weekend, old cats?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote tired mortiz

Sorry you had to inherit Josh's scum role TM.

I am in a hell of boxes, tape, and paper.

I am very disappointed that we have lost all of our stump peanut people.

Memememememe

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Moatillata posted:

##vote tired mortiz

Sorry you had to inherit Josh's scum role TM.

I am in a hell of boxes, tape, and paper.

I am very disappointed that we have lost all of our stump peanut people.

Memememememe

what is your case

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

what is your case

right here

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

youre kinda a nerd

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oi, g’day mates

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, looking back at Pmush, a theme definitely emerges in their posting.

PMush Perfect posted:

I honestly have no idea what to make of any of this. It seems like there's still more mechanics to come and people are talking about things, but I didn't get anything special in my PM, so I'm not sure what to believe. :shrug:

In short, I'm lost and won't not be until something that I can actually play Mafia with happens, so I'm shitposting and poking the bear. It's what I do.

It starts here, with pmush attempting to make light of future contributions, and this is a theme that occurs multiple times: functional detatchment.

PMush Perfect posted:

I think Xad ends up looking a lot worse in those exchanges, but I'm not ready to say 'scum' for it.

PMush Perfect posted:

can i post like pera instead

PMush Perfect posted:

Did somebody just post?

Feeling B- for town, pretty sure TM is just being stubborn. Was feeling scum on Xad but now I'm not sure. I need to reread everyone who was grilling B- about his slip up.

In each post, Pmush is pulling further and further from the fray, and this increases as attention begins to slip off of me day 1 and onto her. Normally I'd chalk this up to day 1 nonsense but jeeze, it's really a little overboard!

PMush Perfect posted:

Y'all are a bunch of fun-haters.

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote Asiina

This feels like the best feasible option.

My issue with y'all being up on Juchero is that you're getting too caught up in how people say things, rather than what they're saying. At least when I say something is a gut read, I'm honest about it. J is an easy target for scum to push a vote on because nobody's gonna question who started it if he flips town D1. And D1 discussion is town's best weapon.

So, I'll turn the tables, and say the real anti town play is going for the :effort: D1 vote.

Now the narrative shifts, to "you're trying too hard", which further casts her own posts in a positive light. Anti-town is putting in effort on day 1? I made ten songs, and cased people, but yet the suspicion never turned to me despite that. I think PMush is trying to use me as cover here.

PMush Perfect posted:

I should've just kept shitposting, that would've been fun.

This is one of the posts that got a lot of attention, and I agree that it feels a little off to admit this, as if everything was just an act before.

PMush Perfect posted:

The case on PMush: Defended the guy who made the cool music.

But this is what really gets me: defining the case against her through me, someone they know is town and yet vulnerable. We've already seen her using this as a scum-hunting method, that if you believed I was scum yesterday and not today you're suspicious, which is a line of thought I don't quite follow.

Overall, I need a little more back and forth on the topic before I'm ready to commit to a vote, but as promised, these are my thoughts on the matter.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

lets talk about your favourites Juchero posts

mine is the last one except this part

Juchero posted:

Overall, I need a little more back and forth on the topic before I'm ready to commit to a vote

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Revolver Anidav posted:

lets talk about your favourites Juchero posts

mine is the last one except this part

Maybe I'm just out of it, but by the end of casing I realized I wanted more meaty discussion on the topic before I threw a vote out.

Would you mind?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Not liking Revolver seeming to only talk about the people who are currently part of the discussion.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

remember not to kill the only people even having a discussion, pmush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

so anyway, why isn't the Auspol roleplay-as-someone-else Mafia considered a classic

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704809

people who are actively trying to lurk should gtfo.

• Locked thread