Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:spooky:

Oooh spooky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I do not like boats

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Damnit I want bif to replace me when I inevitably fail

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m starting to come around on boats

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Broooooooooooooooooo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JoshTheStampede posted:

I haven't played a game of forums Mafia in literal years, but here I am. :spooky:

Come at me brooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

alright. everyone kill hal

You are a terrible son Gulag

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Too late b-minus.

If you had called us all bitches or sluts I may have believed you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Does anybody else want to gently caress the sun?

You stay away from gulag!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I expected this to be “set the controls for the heart of the sun”

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TheBoat posted:

Looks like we've got ourselves a *murder*

If you mean the upcoming murder of b-minus then I’m all aboard this boat

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m sure a restless creative like pera isn’t going to have a generic PM but nothing binus says about his “town” PM makes any sense

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jesus b-minus why the hell couldn’t you have said any of that the first ten times

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

This makes me feel like he's town. Also he used the phrase from his pm which he thinks helps make his case but he only has like 12 games in VF which tells me he actually might not know that scum often get the vanilla pm for fake claim

I find it odd that Josh thinks that the phrase clears him considering he has about 48 games also I am not buying the fact that he thought votes reset at day start since VF post p much showed it

I think Josh is scum who laid down a vote and was riding it out until he was sure which way it was gonna go.

##vote josh

Yeah this isn’t a very good case...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Listen hal,

:siren:
For just $5 a month you will get diamond dog status which gives you access to EXCLUSIVE bonus cases which contain actual effort.
:siren:

I am so easily distracted by sirens...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The gauntlet is thrown!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina case is decent, but ##vote PMush is scummier

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

I should've just kept shitposting, that would've been fun.

scum.txt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is there a deadline today? No one had the decency to put it in the OP.

I feel like I have so much to say but I’m still working so I can’t really put the time I want to into it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

4 tim tams down

Gulag guide me to the scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

The case on PMush: Defended the guy who made the cool music.

That’s a very reductive version of it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Hell, here's a proper hot take. Y'all are like babies, screaming at something because you don't understand it.

If you subtract the song posts, Juchero is still being more productive a poster than a lot of the lurkers. And yet, I don't see anyone trying to dunk them. The immutable, inarguable core of everyone voting Juchero is "he's posting something that took effort that isn't D1 cases". That's literally it.

Ah well when you put it that way I can’t see why we’d vote for you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

🤨

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Revolver Anidav posted:

If you can't sing any more songs, does that also mean you can't cast any more votes?

I think part of the low participation is from people looking at a big vacant Votefinder tally. It's scary to go out and be the first one to dance. But especially for scum. Right now that's b-minus1, you, TheBoat, and Xad. Tomorrow I will be ready to help stop TheBoat. They will be out of D1 and inside our waters, but they will not make Postralia home.

This post earns my seal of approval

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

I feel like Revolver's trying to make comedy but it's not really working. Everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for the real game to start tomorrow.

##unvote

Thinking about it, having spent all night ruminating on how cheesed I'll be if I get booted before the fun part of the game even starts... I'd rather not contribute to that happening to someone else.

Just to be clear, you just don’t want to vote at all today?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

k

##vote anidav

Hmmmm!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

Jeeze PMush, now the only person playing worth a drat is Anidav.

I'm sorry I haven't been giving this game the attention it deserves, I truly want to be an important part of this game and to that end I am going to re-read everything and try and provide some relevant observations quite soon.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm just a VT in this game.

Also, yeah, I've searched my feelings and I really don't have any reason not to suspect B- as the third scum.

##vote b-minus

Honestly though, it's not a strong suspicion. At this point I don't care enough to prove it to myself, though.

Hmmm this post is not very decisive and I do not think it is something town would necessarily do.

Also I probably have to read back to see who the other two scum are, eh?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I am sad about PMush. Hopefully their death was not in vain and the party can still recover.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why is binus peramene instead of the boat, that is the real question I have here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

It clears up all the people that was going "durhur bminus might just be dumb over their pm"

Moat literally voted me with the logic of "it's a hunch."

How can you townread Hal and Moat? Hal literally admitted that they are barely even posting. Townread from literally nothing?

Do not put words into my mouth you cad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

how exactly does it do that?

i misread my d1 alignment pm and thought I was supposed to post as peramene d1 (dumb), and then actually got peramene on d2 in my role/flavor pm (via rng).

I would still like an explanation as to why you got a non-player (peramene) when there are players who did not have anyone disguised as them. Can you explain it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

you had made three posts, 1 about pmush's death, 1 about bminus's pr, and a filler "MMM I WILL REREAD".

Sure try to turn my own words against me.

That only covers this day, during the initial day, generally known as D1, I had made posts. Enough posts that I am still in the game. Therefore I was not referring to the entire game when I apologized for not posting enough.

Thank you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

ah yes, the good cases that you made in day 1 like

Ah yes, the good cases that you have made in your mafia career like

You can do better than this TM. I know you can!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I cannot. Maybe because peramene was technically in the game during n0?

What are your thoughts on theboat? I'm suspicious of this post:

seems like a scum jumping on my wagon after it has gained some momentum.

The boat is probably a good vote.

##vote DasBoot

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

you think the boat is a better choice than TM, who I have already voted for?

Could you perhaps expand on how this TM is different from usual difficult town TM?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

voting the boat, a new player, seems like the easiest thing in the world, and I'm judging people personally on that.

While in general I do not like voting new players and I will not on D1 I can’t abide a policy where you just won’t vote them at all and won’t accept cases against them. New or not he can still be scum and we won’t win if we refuse to even look at someone who will be scum.

I don’t want to take this personally or anything but I’m going to judge anyone who is defending someone who is posting scummy based on just the “new” defense. Das Boot isn’t being “awkward new guy” scummy he is being “scumbo” scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juchero posted:

my wife and i are currently fending off strep, so i really don't have the energy to do much

i did forget to mention that i got roleblocked on night 1, however

i do not have a power so whoever that was lol at u

If you have no power than pray tell how do you know you were blocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Revolver Anidav posted:

I don't think theboat's read on b-minus was sincere. he spend all day 1 talking how that was his only read, did not talk about anything else day 2, and immediately started flipping around on even that one wishy-washy opinion

his post list is basically a bunch of low-content, hovering the line white noise. what the gently caress.

Yes this is how I feel as well, and I would once again vote boat.

• Locked thread