Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

collocation posted:

I think that he's looking at the longer history...possibly? Someone brought up your Lawler story, and he shut someone down pretty quick when they were trying to defend your story, to an extent.

The same party asked if he had any specific lies in mind, as opposed to possible uncharitable readings, and his board members responded with a bunch of stuff (most of which seemed like uncharitable readings, at worst) which is probably why he didn't bother to respond to them.

Personally, while Dave pisses me off occasionally, I like both of you, so, shrug.
Someone else sent me that earlier; it seemed like he was just responding because it was there and the Lawler stuff wasn't the subject of his unintelligible rant. The Lawler stuff has no relation to me having "just d[one my] usual email about [him]" even if he was was telling the truth about it. For the vast majority of that post about my Lawler reporting, he's not, though. I sent him all this stuff in an email before realizing I should tweet it, too, since he said it in a semi-public forum and still has so much respect among legacy media types that I'd rather not think this of me if it was brought to their attention (like, say, Richard Deitsch):
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1308997481523544065
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1308998638639763457
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1308999606374739968
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1309002425945161728
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1309003710245359619
I'll also add this, which is from my email to Dave (I even had the forethought to use some BBCode for once so the words "police report" link to the actual document like they do in the email!):

I also don't recall ever saying that the story about the letter as you reported it was false. I may have expressed that I thought that there was a possibility that the letter may have been written at Lawler's direction or by someone else, and there's a very good reason for that: It included statements that couldn't be reconciled with what the police investigation showed and were closer to the Lawler narrative.

While the police report does show that "a family friend" (name redacted; presumably John Segevan, who Lawler always tried to blame) was the first adult that one of the victims told about Lawler, the letter treats her declaration to Segevan was what directly led to the police investigation. It wasn't: Her mother called the other girl's mother first, the other mother asked her daughter that the other girl had told her own mother about it and the stories matched up before they had a chance to potentially coordinate their stories. Nobody, not even Lawler, ever accused Segevan of pestering the other girl, so how could he have anything to do with her telling a matching story?

I have no idea what the hell is going on with him, but it's pretty clear that he posted a bunch of made-up nonsense about me. Whether or not he's who made it up, I don't know. At least not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I know that it’s technically on topic because they’re both podcasters but I could do without copying and pasting things from other message boards with the express intent of stirring up drama

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Everyone involved is kinda sorta way too old for this poo poo, I say as an old person who watches fake fighting. I agree with JWEP

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

I know that it’s technically on topic because they’re both podcasters but I could do without copying and pasting things from other message boards with the express intent of stirring up drama

I already don't read the social media thread because of this and it would be nice not to have to see it here too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Now that Bix has laid out their response I think it is absolutely for the best from this point to leave it to get thrashed out off-forum, whether that is through The Board or on twitter or whatever. If people wanna continue to follow along the obvious places to do so are there, but letting the drama occupy THIS thread is probably not good for anybody.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I didn't know that someone else already sent it to him and I felt that Bix deserved to know since it was a heavy accusation that specified something already under discussion. Now that he has contacted Dave, it's up to them to hash out their personal issues. So, I have no problem with refraining going forward, though I do hope that there is nothing put out there after this to even refrain from disseminating.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
everyone in the njpw thread is always talking about squashing beef so i hope that extends to the podcast thread

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Time for Bix and Dave to take a trip to Satans backyard so they can squash this beef once and for all

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd pay to see that fight

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I always assumed Jim was a gray haired retiree podcasting from a rocking chair, because of his soothing voice.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It's a shame we don't have drops anymore because I want to hear Shakira feat. Dave Meltzer for their single "Traps Don't Lie"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Obviously not ideal circumstances but Jim wears that beard well

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

collocation posted:

I didn't know that someone else already sent it to him and I felt that Bix deserved to know since it was a heavy accusation that specified something already under discussion. Now that he has contacted Dave, it's up to them to hash out their personal issues. So, I have no problem with refraining going forward, though I do hope that there is nothing put out there after this to even refrain from disseminating.
Nobody had sent the initial posts to me, actually. You were the first, and I appreciate it.

But I'm not sure what the happy medium is since there's no "new PMs" notification here; I was more likely to see it here than to see I had a new PM if it was sent that way.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

davidbix posted:

Nobody had sent the initial posts to me, actually. You were the first, and I appreciate it.

But I'm not sure what the happy medium is since there's no "new PMs" notification here; I was more likely to see it here than to see I had a new PM if it was sent that way.

i got a new "New PM" pop-up quite recently

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

davidbix posted:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I cannot put into words how little I care about this.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Post about it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TL posted:

I cannot put into words how little I care about this.

Oh you're listening to Sempervive and Bryan bicker over Fantasy Football on WOL too?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh you're listening to Sempervive and Bryan bicker over Fantasy Football on WOL too?

They took fantasy chat to WOL? :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

They took fantasy chat to WOL? :doh:

Bryan tossed in an aside about being the linear champ and Sempervive went off on one of his breathless rambling monologues (which he hasn't done for awhile, thankfully) while Bryan just continually tried to yell over him. It was a really bad chunk of WOL, probably only lasted a couple of minutes but it felt like it went forever.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Oh! Good to know! (I'd be happy with just a new message counter at the top of the board.)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

davidbix posted:

Oh! Good to know! (I'd be happy with just a new message counter at the top of the board.)

that's... also a thing. Bix, are you browsing on WebTV?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

oh but seriously I posted:

that's... also a thing. Bix, are you browsing on WebTV?
Nope. I've never had a counter next to the PMs link.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

davidbix posted:

Nope. I've never had a counter next to the PMs link.

it's right here

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JOHN CENA posted:

it's right here

well somebody's popular

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you have a cracked forums account, then the private message box is missing from the main page. only legitimate forums accounts can see it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I've been calling him Bootleg Bix for years.

Also B&B are pretty cool dudes and I'm glad they got to do the AEW Podcast

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ban Bix for the good of these threads

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dunno if we need to go that far but I wouldn't mind a dedicated thread for people self promoting their own podcasts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is the wrestling podcasts thread, if somebody posting a link to their wrestling podcast bothers you, scroll past it and post about one of the other million wrestling podcasts there are to talk about.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Another great B&V opening where Bryan reveals he cannot handle compound sentences and spends multiple minutes confused by:

quote:

After a week with no competition from the NBA or NHL playoffs

WHAT? There were both NBA and NHL playoffs this week! What the gently caress? Who wrote this???

quote:

After a week with no competition from the NBA or NHL playoffs, both sports were back last night and seemed to affect AEW Dynamite more than WWE NXT.

Oh. I see.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
During the NXT review he also talked about having to "sustain" his disbelief.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Today, Garrett gets Dave to admit he owned and loved his Zubaz pants.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1309932527193219077

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Who is this?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a youtube pop culture and talk show person with a humble following who has talked about and to wrestlers on there. it's called instinct culture. she keeps on using the same picture of herself squishing her own head

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Holy crap Dave and Bryan know a women who isn't Missy or married to them. Given their handling of accusations I thought this was near impossible. Hopefully she can talk some loving sense into them. Dave is still going off defending Ospreay on the message board as recently as yesterday.

Does this mean no more bnv post aew ppv reviews? If so why?

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://youtu.be/6F71q74l4O0

She actually knows stuff outside the Wrestling bubble! This is new ground for F4W! Excited to see her shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Listening to the new f4w host's post all out review to get a feel for her thoughts on rasslin.

Matt Hardy spot took her out of the show, was hard to get into the next match.

Was not a fan of the pre show felt there where a lot of misses. "it was not good" felt Tony Schivonie was kinda off thought promos for the battle royal where bad. "I don't really get the Joey Janela hype".

Her method of reading literally every single chat comment as soon as they come in might have to go if she's on the more popular f4W channel, it's annoying. It would be impossible with even 5 comments a minute.

She thought Reynolds and Silver had good double team moves but not enough to say she's completely impressed. Thinks private party would benefit more working with teams like LBs or PnP.

"I'm just gonna go ahead and say it Young Bucks vs Jurassic Express was match of the night"

Thought dentist match was okay but not that greatest, could have had more fun with it, thought ending was fantastic. Could have gone longer and been more unique.

"Commentary was not good today at all".
"I don't know why people are surprised I feel like that's something we'd expect from Jim Ross" on ross ana jay comment.

She's now going off on taylor swift reputation album and how good it is. (I agree great album).

"Jurassic Express can have all my money" she looks forward to them most out of anything on dynamite. Says jungle boy is spot on and completely over. "This was the last good thing cause after this things went downhill, DOWNHILL."

Thinks Sydal is fantastic and botch was unfortunate.

"Eddie Kingston has been on a high" says lots of potential.

"The right guy won they can do so much with Lance Archer"

Says Matt Hardy vs Sammy was probably the worst thing she's seen in awhile.

Will update if I listen too more later. I enjoy it but she doesn't really add anything new or different to a world with seemingly a million wrestling podcast.