Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat i guess we know who the smart son is. 1 outta 2 ain't bad, Irwin

Wrestling Observer Newsletter posted:

Regarding Bo Dallas (Taylor Rotunda), who is under contract but never used, he is not even brought to TV to sit in catering. He’s still getting paid and has a farm living with Morgan and they’ve started a family real estate business and studying that to prepare for life after wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is he with Liv Morgan? She owns a farm, right?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is he with Liv Morgan? She owns a farm, right?

Different Morgan.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Good on Bo. He didn't have the conditioning that he needed but he was a natural at being dislikable and if WWE can't figure out a way to make his gimmick work more power to him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'll always be a Bo-Liever. NXT Bo Dallas as terrible babyface turned oblivious heel who doesn't even notice everyone hates him was the sort of storytelling that NXT doesn't do anymore because people have to have not-seizures

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

drat i guess we know who the smart son is. 1 outta 2 ain't bad, Irwin

Not a good sign when the Sandy Hook Truther and possible antivaxxer is the "smart" one. :v:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Angry_Ed posted:

Not a good sign when the Sandy Hook Truther and possible antivaxxer is the "smart" one. :v:
Bo/Taylor is a Sandy Hook truther?!?!?!

(Really, the funniest part of the public finding out that he and Liv Morgan are a couple and live together is the weirdly high number of fans acting like he isn't conventionally handsome.)

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

davidbix posted:

Bo/Taylor is a Sandy Hook truther?!?!?!

Also hollow earth and reptilian conspiracies.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
But does he think the sun is cold?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

davidbix posted:

weirdly high number of fans acting like he isn't conventionally handsome.

He def isn't "conventionally handsome" but he is handsome adjacent. He is like the guy they get to make fun of jason mamoa in one of those scary movie style spoof movies (if those still exist)

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I know what the man looks like shirtless on a motorcycle, my opinions set.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bo Dallas is a 7 that Stephanie thought looked like a 9 and ended up looking like a 5 because of it and being even dumber than the man who came up with this description but hopefully not as racist.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's not that Bo Dallas is a hideous man but the idea that you'd look at the entire roster and pick out him and Baron Corbin as the two people who women would think are total dreamboat hunky beefcake sex men is extremely hilarious.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doesn't help that he wore unflattering gear for pretty much his entire career, from the diaper-white trunks to the weird-fitting singlet.

It was possibly intentional given his character, but it sure never made him look good.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 20, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Doesn't help that he wore unflattering gear for pretty much his entire career, from the diaper-white trunks to the weird-fitting singlet.

It was possibly intentional given his character, but it sure never made him look good.

Oh good I'm not the only one who thought that particular shade of white on those trunks was off-putting. He needed like, gold stripes or something on them to break up the monotony and diaper-adjacentness

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Angry_Ed posted:

Oh good I'm not the only one who thought that particular shade of white on those trunks was off-putting. He needed like, gold stripes or something on them to break up the monotony and diaper-adjacentness

He also did not have the physique for them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Angry_Ed posted:

That, or Stephanie accidentally revealed that she's into men wearing diapers

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

He also did not have the physique for them.

As a man with a similar hair color, complexion and (at one point) build as Bo Dallas, we really have no business wearing white unless we’re jacked.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MassRafTer posted:

Bo Dallas is a 7 that Stephanie thought looked like a 9 and ended up looking like a 5 because of it and being even dumber than the man who came up with this description but hopefully not as racist.
Bret Hart? Or am I misattributing the quote?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He def isn't "conventionally handsome" but he is handsome adjacent. He is like the guy they get to make fun of jason mamoa in one of those scary movie style spoof movies (if those still exist)
He's got that Twilight werewolf thing going, though. (As opposed to Roman Reigns' True Blood werewolf thing.)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Basically unless you have the physique to pull it off, or the charisma of Minoru Suzuki, plain white trunks will almost always make you look like you're wrestling in a diaper or Fruit of the Looms.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Basically unless you have the physique to pull it off, or the charisma of Minoru Suzuki, plain white trunks will almost always make you look like you're wrestling in a diaper or Fruit of the Looms.

plain white trunks even make Jun Akiyama look like a weirdo pervert

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Benne posted:

Arn Anderson made it work because he was like you woke up your dad in the middle of the night.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

davidbix posted:

He's got that Twilight werewolf thing going, though. (As opposed to Roman Reigns' True Blood werewolf thing.)

I feel like this doesn't read the way you want it to

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wezlar posted:

I feel like this doesn't read the way you want it to
Does it?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Well, in twilight all the werewolves are just aboriginal people people so I assume I'm misinterpreting them being called less attractive

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

Bret Hart? Or am I misattributing the quote?

I thought it was Cornette.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Wezlar posted:

Well, in twilight all the werewolves are just aboriginal people people so I assume I'm misinterpreting them being called less attractive

i just did a triple take in real life reading this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Wezlar posted:

... do you not know where Twilight is set

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Benne posted:

... do you not know where Twilight is set

To be fair aboriginal just means the people who were in a place originally. It’s just most commonly heard when referring to Aboriginal Australians.

That said it’s a silly take, bix clearly refers to the fact that twilight werewolves are all clean shaven kind of but not quite in shape guys who are very non threatening looking (Bo Dallas) and true blood werewolves are all rugged and beardy and would absolutely try to steal your girlfriend (Roman Reigns).

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Twilight Werewolves: https://twitter.com/Twilight/status/1196511146615824385?s=20

True Blood Werewolves:
https://youtu.be/3Rz0JMk8p6g

Conclusion:

The last good on screen representation of a werewolf on screen was Monster Squad, and he was played by the foster dad from T2 Judgement Day.

https://youtu.be/zBaQHeaKv00

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 20, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Twilight Werewolves: https://twitter.com/Twilight/status/1196511146615824385?s=20

True Blood Werewolves:
https://youtu.be/3Rz0JMk8p6g

Conclusion:

The last good on screen representation of a werewolf on screen was Monster Squad, and he was played by the foster dad from T2 Judgement Day.

https://youtu.be/zBaQHeaKv00

I'll put in a word for Michael Sheen's performance in Underworld https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fadh-S2OeM&t=71s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The last good on screen representation of a werewolf on screen was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm-2lCgG6_Q

Malcolm Excellent is right, we should all watch What We Do In The Shadows!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’ve never seen the TV show of that because the movie was so good and I don’t want to spoil it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Shoutouts to Dog Soldiers and James Spader in Wolf.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the tv show has wesley snipes' blade show up, watch it you cretin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

I’ve never seen the TV show of that because the movie was so good and I don’t want to spoil it

The TV show is exceptional, well worth watching, as is Wellington Paranormal which features the cops from the movie.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The transformation scene in The Howling is still a pretty high bar to clear in the modern era where they just CGI everything.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mox on WOR was pretty good. He's so chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can't believe he wasn't the one who pitched the exploding barbed wire deathmatch.