Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dimebags Brain posted:

I keep seeing this sentiment posted in regards to WWE and honestly, at this point, is that even true? Other than Bryan, who o the WWE roster is better than Okada? Tanahashi? Shingo? Omega? Ibushi? Naito? YAMATO? Ben-K? The Bucks? Fenix? PAC?

Baron Corbin and The Miz?

ok like I'm not even a regular NJPW watcher but your first question is "who on the WWE roster is better than the best wrestler in the history of wrestling" and I know you followed him up with other names but maybe temper them expectations a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mob posted:

ok like I'm not even a regular NJPW watcher but your first question is "who on the WWE roster is better than the best wrestler in the history of wrestling" and I know you followed him up with other names but maybe temper them expectations a bit

i don't know what you're talking about, Ben-K is the 8th name on that list

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah you shouldn't include okada or the fiend when comparing the roster talent like that. it's about depth

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1366463719375446017?s=20

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I keep seeing this sentiment posted in regards to WWE and honestly, at this point, is that even true? Other than Bryan, who o the WWE roster is better than Okada? Tanahashi? Shingo? Omega? Ibushi? Naito? YAMATO? Ben-K? The Bucks? Fenix? PAC?

Baron Corbin and The Miz?
I said the best wrestler(s) not THE best wrestler. Owens, Zayn, Daniel Bryan, Styles, Nakamura, Asuka, Io Shirai, Johnny Gargano, Adam Cole

All some of, if not at one time considered the best wrestlers in the world over the last 20 years

The point I'm trying to make is even with some of the greatest wrestlers from the last 20 years on the roster, the WWE is still horrible to watch, while AEW are taking up relative nobodies and turning them into must-see a year after their Dynamite debuts. Maki Itoh hasn't even been on Dynamite yet and there's a ton more people excited to see her than Io f'n Shirai, the reigning NXT Women's Champion.

WWE could have Okada win the Rumble, go to Wrestlemania, and the following year people would've completely lost interest in him because the WWE product is just poisonous. They've managed to sink the value on every big name they've had in the last several years, and they'll stay that way until they go to other companies (Like Moxley and KENTA)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Case in point: Nakamura

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I said the best wrestler(s) not THE best wrestler. Owens, Zayn, Daniel Bryan, Styles, Nakamura, Asuka, Io Shirai, Johnny Gargano, Adam Cole

All some of, if not at one time considered the best wrestlers in the world over the last 20 years

The point I'm trying to make is even with some of the greatest wrestlers from the last 20 years on the roster, the WWE is still horrible to watch, while AEW are taking up relative nobodies and turning them into must-see a year after their Dynamite debuts. Maki Itoh hasn't even been on Dynamite yet and there's a ton more people excited to see her than Io f'n Shirai, the reigning NXT Women's Champion.

WWE could have Okada win the Rumble, go to Wrestlemania, and the following year people would've completely lost interest in him because the WWE product is just poisonous. They've managed to sink the value on every big name they've had in the last several years, and they'll stay that way until they go to other companies (Like Moxley and KENTA)

the fact that you didn't even remember La Sombra speaks volumes

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Alaois posted:

the fact that you didn't even remember La Sombra speaks volumes

La Sombra died on the way to his home planet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

La Sombra died on the way to his home planet

Planet Tranquilo......

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rush and Naito just took all his Charisma leaving the husk in WWE

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

La Sombra retired to pull a 6-figure check, marry a bombshell who is visually the most pro wrestler-looking person ever, and catch the residuals for an old fart without technically being on the hook for *most* of his debt when he dies

My man is doin alright

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

RealFoxy posted:

WWE could have Okada win the Rumble, go to Wrestlemania, and the following year people would've completely lost interest in him because the WWE product is just poisonous.

That could happen, true, but it doesn't change the fact that he's still, currently, the best wrestler out of everyone to ever do it. He could spend the next decade trading the 24/7 belt with R-Truth during commercial breaks and he's still going to be the best. Take a ride on his boat with Chuck and Trent if you don't believe me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If Okada and R-Truth isn't a dream match for you I don't know what to say.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Anyone and R-Truth is a dream match for me. So is anyone and Toru Yano. Legally I can't say what Toru Yano vs R-Truth would mean to me because we have anti-horny laws

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo Dave casually talking poo poo on what a loser failson Shane McMahon is on the latest WOR was incredible :lol:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I wanted more debate on the merits of prostate exams vs watching raw

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

jesus WEP posted:

I wanted more debate on the merits of prostate exams vs watching raw

You've got to keep your hole healthy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Rick posted:

If Okada and R-Truth isn't a dream match for you I don't know what to say.

tag team where in kayfabe they are both each other’s imaginary partners

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo Dave casually talking poo poo on what a loser failson Shane McMahon is on the latest WOR was incredible :lol:

I've never heard the word "failure" used so emphatically so often :lol:

e: Oh my God going from last night's WOR to yesterday's F4D is incredible for how absolutely done Bryan is with WWE.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 2, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Imagine if Shane stated AEW with the bucks, kenny, and cody

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The sigh of frustration Bryan lets out at one point in the Raw recap is among the funnier moments of the year.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MassRafTer posted:

The sigh of frustration Bryan lets out at one point in the Raw recap is among the funnier moments of the year.

"Now there's a MORE EVIL Randy Orton."
"He's supposed to be a baby face."

died.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lotta' fat shaming on WOL today.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan straight up telling Dave he refuses to watch Fastlane if the Miz is in the title match, haha.

"There has to be a line!"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bryan has cracked but no quantity of terrible wrestling can even bend Iron Dave Meltzer

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bad Raw means good WOLs so I'm all for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Royal Updog posted:

Bryan has cracked

Literally! His voice was cracking he was getting so frustrated going through his Raw review :allears:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MotU posted:

tag team where in kayfabe they are both each other’s imaginary partners

I can picture this, it would be so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“Maybe there’s two Randy Ortons so he can carry multiple people to 3 star matches”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Randy Orton is the quintessential guy that Dave will talk endlessly about what a good worker he is and he’s so smooth and great. **3/4.

Not as good as my favourite genre of match review, which is the one where Dave spends the whole time complaining about how dangerous all the palm strikes and head drops were and how he’s really concerned about the well being of the wrestlers. *****1/2

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave talks up Orton for the HOF every year but doesn't vote for him. I love it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There's been times on WOR over the past year where Dave has started to turn on Randy being a Hall of Famer, times where he looked at Orton's output being underwhelming even if you just grade matches on a WWE scale. So he's getting there

And hell a long running feud with the Fiend could do it. May be the only good thing the Fiend does ever

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dave talks up Orton for the HOF every year but doesn't vote for him. I love it.

He was originally on his ballot last year but he dropped him for Ishii when he realised that Randy Orton's best match ever was surpassed by twenty Ishii matches in the last two years alone.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SatoshiMiwa posted:

There's been times on WOR over the past year where Dave has started to turn on Randy being a Hall of Famer, times where he looked at Orton's output being underwhelming even if you just grade matches on a WWE scale. So he's getting there

And hell a long running feud with the Fiend could do it. May be the only good thing the Fiend does ever

There was that one where he was coming to a slow epiphany of "Sure, everyone agrees that Orton should be in the hall of fame, but he doesn't ever seem to have a really great match..."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think we might have had this conversation before, but what IS Randy Orton's best match? Vs. Mick Foley waaaaaay loving back in like 2004?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hard to be objective since I saw it live but I've always liked his first world title win over _______________

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I think we might have had this conversation before, but what IS Randy Orton's best match? Vs. Mick Foley waaaaaay loving back in like 2004?

vs edge the week after hbk vs cena in uk

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
vs Dolph Ziggler on a random Raw from 2011. Plus that series with Christian from 2011 produced some really good matches.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

jesus WEP posted:

Randy Orton is the quintessential guy that Dave will talk endlessly about what a good worker he is and he’s so smooth and great. **3/4.

Not as good as my favourite genre of match review, which is the one where Dave spends the whole time complaining about how dangerous all the palm strikes and head drops were and how he’s really concerned about the well being of the wrestlers. *****1/2

Just imagining Dave’s Yelp profile now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

vs edge the week after hbk vs cena in uk

Oh yeah I remember that match, they both had a bug up their rear end about their scheduled match not happening due to the other from memory, and put in a hell of an effort.

I still think the Foley match was the best one though.