Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Memnaelar posted:

Any subscribers out there want to give me a better pitch than Bryan or Dave seem to be willing to provide?

They put out 10 podcast episodes of their main shows in the past week (WOR, B&V, F4D), these vary in quality but are almost always entertaining, informative or both. If you like the youtube clips it's basically just longer versions of that but do keep in mind that signing up via the site you do not get video, that is a separate, cheaper, subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Memnaelar posted:

I'm definitely a podcast guy - almost too many between various forms of entertainment and sports, but I'm finding some of my interest in the NBA and movie podcasts I listen to winding down a bit recently and am thinking I wouldn't mind replacing those minutes with listening to Bryan and Dave banter at each other, which Youtube has shown me is a pretty enjoyable thing. Mostly just interested for AEW content but I've dug a few of the WWE rewatch segments besides.

I may just break down and give it a go for three months and see where we're at after that. If nothing else, all the free Youtube clips I've already watched have been worth $33.

AEW content is the stuff I pay most attention to since I’m watching that weekly but Bryan getting angry about how lovely WWE is always makes listening to that part of the recap worth it too.

Just sub for one month I guess and see how you like it. WOR, WOL and FFD whenever they have Lance Storm on are my must-listens and I dip in and out of other stuff if the description looks interesting.

Also worth noting is there’s a tool somewhere ITT that will generate an RSS URL for you to put into a podcast app instead of having to play them on the website like some kind of rear end in a top hat.

Edit: the RSS thing

https://f4wradio.craigmcd.com

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 3, 2021

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I do enjoy the Observer Newsletter, and the archive of newsletters is a really neat resource when I want to go back and read about events as they happened.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TL posted:

I do enjoy the Observer Newsletter, and the archive of newsletters is a really neat resource when I want to go back and read about events as they happened.

Yeah, this week is the first news about RF.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

so he’s marginally above average and can be carried to 4 and 4.5 star matches

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also lol jawwny is gonna get all the aew scoops

https://twitter.com/paulwight/status/1367228828486164482?s=21

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you can listen to bryan and vinny give the wednesday night wars a Tie every week, and then you can listen to bryan get out all the poo poo he holds in during the dave shows, + more? what a steal

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TL posted:

the newsletter is worth it since every other site on the internet is like "as reported by Wrasslescoops.net, on Friday a reader claims that Meltzer wrote on Thursday that..."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Let New Legacy Jawwny book Elevation

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

Any subscribers out there want to give me a better pitch than Bryan or Dave seem to be willing to provide?

Try and find one of the many videos on YouTube of Bryan&Vinny reviewing TNA during it's 'high times' (I think most vids are 2008-2012). If you enjoy listening to both of them slowly lose their mind at TNA's stupidities and want to hear them suffer more, the subscription is worth it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
still genuinely not sure if Granny on the B&V show is a worked granny

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

does f4w do subscription sales at any point during the year?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah for black friday and maybe one other time a year

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Procrastinator posted:

does f4w do subscription sales at any point during the year?

sometimes around mania week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

still genuinely not sure if Granny on the B&V show is a worked granny

According to the latest WOL, she was beating Bryan at arm wrestling till he was 16 and I'm gonna assume she took the fall to make him feel better. :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Granny is pushing 90 at this point so we may as well just appreciate her for however long

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I swear jawwny said deadlock was starting a fed of their own recently

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ChocoPro Philly.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

just as long as they fly nl_slip in and refuse to acknowledge him as anyone other than sting

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

Granny is pushing 90 at this point so we may as well just appreciate her for however long

She's 91 but still gonna go dig and plant a garden.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Taz to win every title

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They are and Chris Denker is gonna take liberties and only give people his finish. I don't know how serious they actually are about doing this but it does get brought up often.

On that subject, the only wrestle podcast I still listen to is Deadlock and I think it's just because I could listen to Jawny talk about anything in the bg while I'm at work.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

wrestling revolution 3D but IRL is going to be amazing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dave sounded so gosh darn mad that Marko didn't get/post a picture of himself standing next to Shaq

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
was going to post this in the questions thread but I figured regulars here would know more. I was listening to an old Figure Four Daily this morning where Lance and Bryan were talking about their match in Tulalip Championship Wrestling

is this match on video anywhere? masked lance storm in cargo pants vs Chico Alvarez is a match I have got to see

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

https://youtu.be/tNKkWFtC4-8

Bryan vs. the Ideal Canadian

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

GoutPatrol posted:

https://youtu.be/tNKkWFtC4-8

Bryan vs. the Ideal Canadian

lmao gently caress yeah, I couldn't find it for some reason. Thank you

edit: it owns

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 4, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I can't stand listening to Dave anymore. As I've gotten older I seem to have gotten much less patient. His rambling just irritates me so so much. And his stupid arguments that go nowhere.

well, you know, I mean whatever, you know, it was a mayyyyytch, they had a mayyyyytch, it was an OK mayyyyyyytch

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

At this point I mostly read the newsletter and race through the main WO podcasts, making liberal use of fast forward since I'm no longer spending 2 hours commuting every day. Anything particularly great is highlighted in this thread anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
dave ramblings are amazing, it's like listening to a brain try to catch up to a mouth in real-time

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I loved the clip when Seth was making an rear end of himself on Twitter during the title reign and Dave finally got the chance for revenge on the "minus six stars" thing. OK, Bryan, so, well, you know, if you had a wrestling promotion, and, well, I was one of the wrestlers, one of the top guys, but not really the top guy? It's like, whatever, I guess he'll have to be the top guy, but then another promotion has this other top guy who they're really, you know, counting on, and you're the guy who's just been made the guy, whatever, people don't want that, but you're the guy, and and Bryan mercifully cut it at 10 minutes before Dave got to say Rollins sucked. Terrific radio.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

I loved the clip when Seth was making an rear end of himself on Twitter during the title reign and Dave finally got the chance for revenge on the "minus six stars" thing. OK, Bryan, so, well, you know, if you had a wrestling promotion, and, well, I was one of the wrestlers, one of the top guys, but not really the top guy? It's like, whatever, I guess he'll have to be the top guy, but then another promotion has this other top guy who they're really, you know, counting on, and you're the guy who's just been made the guy, whatever, people don't want that, but you're the guy, and and Bryan mercifully cut it at 10 minutes before Dave got to say Rollins sucked. Terrific radio.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

daveflex.jpg

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For fun when Dave interrupts himself I like to fill in the rest of the sentence for him in my head and usually the next twenty minutes is him just repeating the beginning, the middle, and the end of his single sentence but usually not in that order.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Bryan with the "eleculation" discussion today was fantastic. He's such a wonderful idiot.

Oh and all the discussion of whether you should subscribe failed to point out one of the joys of listening to B&V: occasionally being shocked every 15 minutes that it's actually a show with Craig on as well!

AndvLance is the best value for insightful criticism of things to improve. His discussion on interviewers was great, particularly his suggestion that the interviewers do all the corporate speak and you let the stars be stars who just say the important stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo there's a new Pacific Rim Podcast with Fumi and Jim up! :derp:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Any rims does not have to be a Pacific rim

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Any rims does not have to be a Pacific rim