Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love that mayun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i just listened to WOR and it seemed like a normal take

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Either way he quadrupled down on WOL.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bryan showing his whole rear end and going full mask off smdh. I haven’t listened to the eps btw

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i meant WOL sorry. he's just saying people in the company are pissed off and aren't supporting her, which duh. and also that the booking wasn't something bad enough to walk out of in the middle of a show. personally i disagree because walking out is cool and pissing off management is funny to me but i don't see it as him like "defending" wwe

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

yea ok posted:

i meant WOL sorry. he's just saying people in the company are pissed off and aren't supporting her, which duh. and also that the booking wasn't something bad enough to walk out of in the middle of a show. personally i disagree because walking out is cool and pissing off management is funny to me but i don't see it as him like "defending" wwe

I think Bryan has been pretty consistently saying "if you chose to stay with WWE you made your own bed, better things aren't possible and if you think complaining about it backstage will actually do something you're fooling yourself" for at least a couple years now. I also never listen to WOL so I don't know if he got more incendiary about this than usual.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i agree with him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a work

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Proud to support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!

yea ok posted:

Pissing off management is always funny as is WWE drama. But I still think they're petty and dumb if they really threw that much of a tantrum over a belt that is on the level of the 24/7 title. It's a perfect circle of stupidity by everyone involved and I'm here for it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Pissing off management is always funny as is WWE drama. But I still think they're petty and dumb if they really threw that much of a tantrum over a belt that is on the level of the 24/7 title. It's a perfect circle of stupidity by everyone involved and I'm here for it.

loving assholes caring about their art, you’re only allowed to do that for the good billionaire

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Stfu :razzy:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Working for the fed and caring about wrestling sounds like a good way to drive yourself to madness.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you know what you're signing up for if you sign a contract with them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

Working for the fed and caring about wrestling sounds like a good way to drive yourself to madness.

A number of wrestlers who worked for the fed and walked by their own volition are now in AEW saying they did it because they cared about wrestling still.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Proud to support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!
I will never not be proud of Sasha Banks and Naomi for standing up for the sanctity and prestige of the Raw or Smackdown or unified if it is WWE Women's Tag Team Championship in the month long angle leading up to a B level crap PPV.

BTW has anyone seen the IC belt? Is it lost?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

1glitch0 posted:

I assume it wouldn't take much to walk out after a decade of dealing with WWE's bs.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
I dont know, I think if Sasha really went for it and looked good in her loss against Ronda then she'd be in a good position to look good in a loss against Ronda a couple years from now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seams posted:

bryan showing his whole rear end and going full mask off smdh. I haven’t listened to the eps btw

lol

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The only part of Bryan's thing that gave me pause was "your tag team's not as over as you think it is" which seemed unrelated to anything and came off as kinda lovely and petty.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

1glitch0 posted:

I dunno maybe that's the point? Maybe they want the tag titles to be treated better and didn't want their attempt to make the tag titles matter thrown in the garbage because WWE forgot they needed challengers for the singles champions until 2 weeks before a PPV and refused to budge when they tried to make their case?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

wwe is not going to take the women’s tag team titles seriously because they never have. if this is a powerplay to try to make vince/wwe care about them, cool. but it has to be 4d chess type poo poo, otherwise they are incredibly naive to think that wwe views them as a tag team higher than them as singles stars.
also they have been involved in far worse storylines. does anyone remember mandy rose trying to seduce an uce.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
everything we know comes from John Laurinaitis so I choose not to believe the sequence of events as parroted by WWE Employee Bryan Alvarez

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Didn’t HHH say when he took over NXT that the philosophy was “less women, more tag teams”?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wasn’t the last big Sasha thing cause of her and Bayley being mad about some tag team title thing. And they were the ones to fight to have it introduced in the first place. Maybe Sasha just really thinks the wwe should value tag teams more

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wasn’t the last big Sasha thing cause of her and Bayley being mad about some tag team title thing. And they were the ones to fight to have it introduced in the first place. Maybe Sasha just really thinks the wwe should value tag teams more

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

sleepwalkers posted:

seduce an uce.

proud of yourself, are ya?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Maybe Sasha just really thinks the wwe should value tag teams more

I mean, she’s close with Dax

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Also thinking about how a lot of this sounds like they don't want to be broken up arbitrarily like literally every single pair of women's tag champs. Dave mentioned them being used as stopgaps for Becky and Charlotte, similar to how RKBro was supposed to be a stopgap for Orton until plans changed.

Anyway, WWE should use this opportunity to get rid of the belts if they're that in the mud that it's better to not even have them.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's really not hard to imagine a world in which Sasha, who historically has gotten lovely booking considering how popular they are, might reach a point where she considers it not worth the trouble anymore.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm really enjoying this lady on the B&V show, she's definitely better than some of the regulars.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I'm really enjoying this lady on the B&V show, she's definitely better than some of the regulars.

she was great!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Yeah she was awesome. Especially sharing her perspective on the Deeb segment / treatment of women in wrestling in general.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah she was awesome. Especially sharing her perspective on the Deeb segment / treatment of women in wrestling in general.

Yeah, she actually had something of substance to say which might be a first for this show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On a fundamental level having empathy means you don’t have to agree with the exact thing that is making someone unhappy or dissatisfied to just respect their right to do something to change it.

Not to mention that like WWE is filled with “the straw that broke the camels back” stories. The entire point of that phrase is that it doesn’t take some huge thing to finally be enough if you’ve taken a lot of poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we’ve moved on

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

we’ve moved on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah that guest on the B&V Show was really good.

"I was interested in going for a job as a writer in WWE and people reached out to me and told me to run very far away."

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Oh poo poo, I forgot to plug this here, didn't I? Kaia was great, though!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1526170609234743297

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Here you go! (google drive link because i don't know of a better way to do this)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

davidbix posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot to plug this here, didn't I? Kaia was great, though!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1526170609234743297

Kaia is good but there are blasts of static sometimes in the ep that are horrible on the ears