Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Controversial take considering how many Saudi Arabia fans are on this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I know. I'm a real maverick. :c00l:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Good Listener posted:

It's probably dumb of me but man I didn't like Lance's take on how you can't say WWE is bad for going through with the Saudi Arabia deal at the moment. Yes I can Lance, I can say it super easy.

Keep in mind Lance is the dumbass who thought libraries were pirate organizations. His podcast with Cyrus showcases that he actually has a dry wit and can be charming but the man has some real interesting black and white opinions on certain subjects

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Before the Raw review started, Dave apologized to Bryan about last night? Was that because when Bryan went to start the Impact PPV review, Dave threw his little "HOW IS THIS IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW" fit? Or was there some other poo poo that i missed/wasn't paying attention to?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a big fat bunny posted:

Before the Raw review started, Dave apologized to Bryan about last night? Was that because when Bryan went to start the Impact PPV review, Dave threw his little "HOW IS THIS IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW" fit? Or was there some other poo poo that i missed/wasn't paying attention to?
yeah probably because he did it after interrupting Bryan

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

a big fat bunny posted:

He said that he preferred it when Bryan was still an active wrestler cause he was a lot "lighter".

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave: You know why they're calling it the World Cup right?
Bryan: Uh.....Soccer?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pollock and Wai talked about the Saudi stuff on their Raw review last night

Pollock thinks they have to cover the show because it's their job but doesn't feel good about it, so for every minute their post-show podcast goes, they'll donate $5 to the Committee to Protect Journalists https://cpj.org/

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Pollock and Wai's podcasts can be pretty dry but they've always come off as good people.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's still wild to think that Impact lost so much money they had to cancel the LAW.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Good Listener posted:

It's probably dumb of me but man I didn't like Lance's take on how you can't say WWE is bad for going through with the Saudi Arabia deal at the moment. Yes I can Lance, I can say it super easy.
It was weird because it felt like he was about two minutes away from going "all corporations are evil and care only for money" but instead just sort of went "so yeah uh lots of corporations and governments do bad stuff, but what are you gonna do about it?"

Or am I mixing him up with some other sort of shruggy "what are you gonna do?" response to Crown Jewel?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Lance is cool. He might even be smart for a wrestler. It's just, smart for a wrestler means he's libertarian. Kane gets talked about like he's one of the smartest guys in the business too.

Now Kevin Nash, that guy is just smart.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

It's still wild to think that Impact lost so much money they had to cancel the LAW.
Not only that, but Impact lost so much money after just two months with Anthem that they had already laid off the non-LAW on-air personnel of The Fight Network almost eight months earlier.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Edge & Christian posted:

It was weird because it felt like he was about two minutes away from going "all corporations are evil and care only for money" but instead just sort of went "so yeah uh lots of corporations and governments do bad stuff, but what are you gonna do about it?"

Or am I mixing him up with some other sort of shruggy "what are you gonna do?" response to Crown Jewel?

Yea it was basically that sort of argument. I dunno I really shouldn't have been surprised because I do remember not only the libraries thing but his opinions on lots of cancer charities too from when New Legacy was doing one of their charity streams. I like Lance's wrestling thoughts but yea, shouldn't look to him for other ones.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol at Bryan never having seen Star Trek and lol at Dave's reaction.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'd pay extra for Bryan and Vinny watch TNG just because I want to know how many times he'd call Worf a geek.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Remake TNG with Dave as Data and Bryan as Wesley Crusher

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Incessant Excess posted:

Controversial take considering how many Saudi Arabia fans are on this forum.

We had one lol.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Incessant Excess posted:

He said that he preferred it when Bryan was still an active wrestler cause he was a lot "lighter".

:dogbutton: No wonder why Bryan accepted and (successfully) moved on so quickly! He didn't want another 30 minute, rambling apology.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: They had an ugly brawl.
Dave: Don't say ugly, we'll get in trouble!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Turns out that brawl was exceedingly attractive

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

remusclaw posted:

Now Kevin Nash, that guy is just smart.

eh, i like nash but he's said his fair share of dumbass/gross things

plus he believes in chemtrails

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Retro Raw review goes off the rails wildly and I loved it

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

eh, i like nash but he's said his fair share of dumbass/gross things

plus he believes in chemtrails

I want to say I'm disappointed, but I guess that puts him at par for a wrestler. Dammit.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The smartest wrestler is LA Park

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The smartest wrestler is the one who never started.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

So I'm the smartest?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The smartest wrestler is the one who made the most money with the least effort, Brock Lesnar.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Incessant Excess posted:

The smartest wrestler is the one who made the most money with the least effort, Brock Lesnar.

depends on how we scale that imo, lanny poffo might be the smartest if we fiddle with the effort/money ratios a little

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The smartest wrestler is Kevin Nash

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

The smartest wrestler is Kevin Nash

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1052559288617578497

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Retro Raw review goes off the rails wildly and I loved it

They get like 30 seconds in before Bryan storms off to fistfight his cat :allears:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
maybe its just the volume i listen at but other than paisley running into WOL one day has anyone actually heard the noises bryan constantly complains about being in the background

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

maybe its just the volume i listen at but other than paisley running into WOL one day has anyone actually heard the noises bryan constantly complains about being in the background
yeah usually when he complains about his cats i can hear it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1052554299207749632

Seems like Kevin Nash has suddenly become a mouth piece for something. I wonder why.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1052575065404055553

Oh there we go.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's really only audible if you're wearing headphones and have no other audio playing at the same time.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Gumball Gumption posted:

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1052554299207749632

Seems like Kevin Nash has suddenly become a mouth piece for something. I wonder why.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1052575065404055553

Oh there we go.

He literally just blamed Saudi Arabia for 9/11.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Your Parents posted:

no one cares about 9-11 anymore.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
America deserved 9/11 but nobody deserves a WWE PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Your Parents posted:

Because they did it? They just threatened Canada with a second one on Twitter a few weeks ago