Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

"Impact is a million times better than RAW" - David Meltzer, June 16th 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I jumped when Fumi dropped an F-bomb out of nowhere.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

come on. look at that hair.

Fumi Fucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

I jumped when Fumi dropped an F-bomb out of nowhere.

Kinda blew me away when he was openly talking about smoking weed, too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lolled irl at Dave burying the Mikey Nicholls question

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Jerusalem posted:

Kinda blew me away when he was openly talking about smoking weed, too.

As long as he's not doing acting/voice acting/singing, I'm sure his career will be fine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The entire interview was great. Really enjoyed Sean's fly on the wall account of the birth of M-Pro.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Bryan: What a load of poo poo.
Dave: What a load of poo poo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IceAgeComing posted:

It’s almost entirely New Japan - he’s picked up the All Japan talk with Kento’s current run but when it comes to DDT or Dragon Gate or lower level indies or literally any Joshi you’ll get either nothing or some little news fragments, results and perhaps one match review a year at most. Now I think that if he didn’t feel the need to watch a million hours of WWE and UFC a week then you’d get more but that’s him plus there are other places to go for that sort of thing.

He definitely pays attention to Stardom at least. He used to be very direct about calling Io Shirai one of the top 3 or 5 workers in the world, regardless of gender

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We've reached the true madness of Hogan's memoir and this episode is really good.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1140813170774351874

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I don't know why I don't remember to post these here every week, but this one is one of the better main shows we've done in a while, especially the Japan segment.

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1140818663978741760

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That photo gives away the surprise! I listened Sunday knowing it was the week Misawa died but nothing prepared me for the fever dream of Vince selling Raw to the President.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I remember when they put out the press release that Trump was “buying Raw”, WWE stock started to tumble because investors bought the story & hated it. They had to put out another press release saying that it’s a storyline & Trump isn’t buying anything.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also because Donald Trump (current President of the United States somehow) is so terrified of being seen as anything other than a business genius, they made the storyline that Vince freaked out and paid Trump like 2-3 times more than he bought it for to get it back, and sold it like this was Trump's genius plan all along.

I also really hope when his tax returns finally come out, that he included that "purchase price" on his incomings.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Considering he thought Vince actually blew up in his limo on live TV he probably also thought he bought RAW for real.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

We've reached the true madness of Hogan's memoir and this episode is really good.

"Maybe I could be a transvestite, or a bad guy in his film. Maybe a transvestite bad guy in a film" what the actual gently caress, Hogan? Fun breakdown.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
"he was blinded by the lights, there's a song like that was popular years ago"

lmao dave

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao dave

The best thing about it is how it took him way longer to say that than it should’ve.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao dave

loled at this on the subway this morning. Dave is a treasure.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

loled at this on the subway this morning. Dave is a treasure.

Hey so did I!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Angry_Ed posted:

Considering he thought Vince actually blew up in his limo on live TV he probably also thought he bought RAW for real.
Technically speaking he heard Vince had died and called to confirm.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Really enjoyed Dave noting that the key difference between a stunner lead with a kick to the gut and a chair to the back is that one is from behind and the other is to the front.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

"Maybe I could be a transvestite, or a bad guy in his film. Maybe a transvestite bad guy in a film" what the actual gently caress, Hogan? Fun breakdown.

Not sure what was weirder that or him worrying he might catch AIDS if Liberace left his stuff in his dressing room.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Wazzu posted:

I had no idea Hogan was modeling his film career after Gene Simmons'

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

MassRafTer posted:

Not sure what was weirder that or him worrying he might catch AIDS if Liberace left his stuff in his dressing room.

Far be it for me to defend Hogan, but in the 80s nobody had any clue how AIDS worked.

OctoberCountry posted:

I had no idea Hogan was modeling his film career after Gene Simmons'

I was just in the midst of mentioning this! :respek:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I watched saturday morning cartoons, I knew how aids worked

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
aids can go through a condom, and if the man is drunk when you have sex, the baby will have fetal alcohol syndrome

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

aids can go through a condom, and if the man is drunk when you have sex, the baby will have fetal alcohol syndrome

Warrior’s hall of fame speech aged even worse than I remembered

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TTBF posted:

"Impact is a million times better than RAW" - David Meltzer, June 16th 2019

if we're talking about the Knockouts Division then yes, they're booked way better than the women in WWE right now and have some major talent there

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

I wish this could go on forever, directly clowning on a lying racist is high quality content.

I think the reason that Hulk tells stories making himself sound bad sometimes is so that when he takes credit for popular poo poo it sounds more legit, while also making the bad stuff be things no one cares a ton about.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"and then i wrote in all bold MORE poo poo HAPPENS, what did i gloss over here"

"...vampiro also exploded"

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Do you like tangents? Then do I have a Sidewalk Slam for you: Money In The Bank 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Warrior’s hall of fame speech aged even worse than I remembered
lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"and then i wrote in all bold MORE poo poo HAPPENS, what did i gloss over here"

"...vampiro also exploded"

WON excerpts posted:

Vampiro talked with a mystery man. The mystery man will turn out to be Christopher Daniels. At this point he doesn't have a name. They wanted to name him "The Lord," or God, but standards and practices nixed that. They also nixed the angle where they wanted Vampiro to set the dressing room on fire and Asya would be in there and get burned. The angle would reveal Dale Torborg as Asya's fiance, looking for revenge, and expose Torborg as The Demon to set up their feud. Poor guy goes from feuding with Sting to feuding with Demon.

Vampiro vs. Demon saw Asya spit blood into Vampiro's face but Vampiro came back and did the nail in the coffin on Asya and Demon locked Vampiro in the coffin.

In regards to the angle where Vampiro gave Asya the nail in the coffin, he was dead set against doing it all afternoon. It sounds funny given that he had just supposedly lit a man on fire and tossed him 40 feet to his apparent death. Apparently there is a history of physical abuse of females in his family and didn't want to be on television doing something that somewhat glorifies it. Bischoff convinced him to do it as a team player so he did

Dale Torborg, who has undergone a major charisma bypass operation, came out with Asya. The deal is that the Demon is this character he's trying to lose. Kind of like Bruce Banner and the Hulk. He's this guy who wants to lead a normal life but when he gets mad he turns into this terrible wrestler called Demon. Now think about this. We're supposed to believe this guy wants to be normal and in the next breath we're told he's engaged to this woman who looks like Asya. Vampiro then called them out. They played hokus pokus, with the lights out and Asya was gone, the lights out and Vampiro was gone and then Vampiro was driving a car while Torborg looked confused.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

So that's where Finn Balor got the gimmick

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Died laughing at Craig's Dave style burial of Lance Storm this week

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

dave's favorite childhood movie being all the president's men is somehow both extremely expected and unexpected

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I just assume anyone who became a reporter and doesn't try and obviously grift was immutably formed by that specific movie.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

all time ending to b&v this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

yea ok posted:

all time ending to b&v this week

It was a wonderful rollercoaster i also loved craig's total burial of lance storm.