Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

sleepwalkers posted:

nobody should be listening to comedy recap podcasts for absolute historical accuracy, that's what eighteen hour episodes of between the sheets are for! Kefin largely operates off his own recollection and I don't think he makes any bones about it. I listen because they're funny, not because they're right.

I lost interest when Kefin told Jo about Steve Austin for an entire podcast without telling her he beat his wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Exactly. Enabling scumbag

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Not sure what thread to put this in but people need to watch this to the very end

https://twitter.com/maskedwrestlers/status/1172924535840153605

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The moment when Jesse talks poo poo about Vince's body and you can HEAR Vince having to bite back his anger because his gimmick is supposed to be weedy announcer, not jacked to the gills boss.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Going to do a Rudos Podcast Bloodsport 2 Watch along live on Twitch and Youtube tonight. Starts at 4 PM PT/7 PM ET with the pre show!

https://www.twitch.tv/rudospodcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCjbryDgblqnkOh6ZFxftoGQ

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Benne posted:

Not sure what thread to put this in but people need to watch this to the very end

The constant open mouth selling, the Will Ospreay of his time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The way he took the ring toss was a bit scary

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was cool when you would see locally sourced jobbers who sort of half way knew how to work and then guys would work them and it looked loving weird and extra dangerous. i think it made for even better squashes

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We're live with a Bloodsport Watch along!

https://www.twitch.tv/rudospodcast

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjbryDgblqnkOh6ZFxftoGQ

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

Dave and Garrett get into 90210 chat again on the latest WOR

Big fan of Dave referring to the end of the season as the finish.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

@LividLiquid please go to Granny's birthday party and report back tia

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Post-transition, I don't know if I'd feel safe with a group of strange, weird wrestlenerds.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That’s entirely fair and also it entirely sucks :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ok so those who said OSW is bad do they like edit out the bad stuff from the youtube videos because that's where I'm watching them and so far I've only come across them making fun of cartoon era stereotypes and pointing out how bad they are and the most misogynistic thing they've said is saying Miss Elizabeth and Sensational Sherri "Look incredible"

I'm not saying the people saying they're bad are wrong I just haven't come across it yet unless my threshold for being offended is just higher or whatever

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ok so those who said OSW is bad do they like edit out the bad stuff from the youtube videos because that's where I'm watching them and so far I've only come across them making fun of cartoon era stereotypes and pointing out how bad they are and the most misogynistic thing they've said is saying Miss Elizabeth and Sensational Sherri "Look incredible"

I'm not saying the people saying they're bad are wrong I just haven't come across it yet unless my threshold for being offended is just higher or whatever

Their main episodes aren't too bad, just you might find them laughing at a racist stereotype.... by being more racist, and being generally reasonably dismissive of the women.

Like they're racist and sexist in the low key way, they're not yelling hate speech, but it's media where people of minority groups don't always feel good watching.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fair enough. Are there any podcasts (with video would be even more awesome) where they review or recap cartoon era WWF stuff or WCW stuff? I wasn't a fan of the attitude era if that's what the podcast named that covers.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
LAPSED FAN

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Fair enough. Are there any podcasts (with video would be even more awesome) where they review or recap cartoon era WWF stuff or WCW stuff? I wasn't a fan of the attitude era if that's what the podcast named that covers.

https://soundcloud.com/fightgamepod

they review 93 raws and did summerslam 93 the other week but its not exclusively about old things.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Undertaker vs Sonny Trout; Vince and Perfect spend the entirety of the (thankfully) short match making fish puns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvvY6l8-AS0

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I want a video blog of Bryan and Dave taking a weekend trip to Vancouver and Victoria

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davros1 posted:

Undertaker vs Sonny Trout; Vince and Perfect spend the entirety of the (thankfully) short match making fish puns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvvY6l8-AS0

This is the more dad ever commentary I've ever heard.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This was my experience watching them until I came to an episode where they spotted a female ring attendant who’d sued the company for sexual assault. “Who’d want to rape her?” one of them asked. Never been able to watch them since.

That and them giggling like 9th graders about Nogger bars each episode. God save us if they ever learn about “niggardly”.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
WON HoF talk in here, or someone starting a new thread?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Take it elsewhere

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Have you watched the Sunny episode?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If you haven't, keep it that way

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mkay0 posted:

WON HoF talk in here, or someone starting a new thread?

If you wanna make a new thread go ahead, it fits in here too though.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I can try to make a thread tonight if desired. I was also thinking about making one to discuss year end awards specifically if that’s wanted.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do it. i will post in it anywhere between 1 and 50 times

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:justpost: :hai:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I still dunno how to vote for the awards so a thread about it with instructions for my dumb rear end would be great.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see where the ballot for the HoF has been released in the Observer yet.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
It was sent to voters the other day.

---

t's time for the 2019 Hall of Fame elections.

This ballot is being sent out to major wrestling stars, past and present, major management figures in the industry, writers and historians.

If you are getting this, you are being asked your opinion on who should be inducted into this year's Hall of Fame class. The criteria for the Hall of Fame is a combination of drawing power, being a great in-ring performer or excelling in ones field in pro wrestling, as well as having historical significance in a positive manner. A candidate should either have something to offer in all three categories, or be someone so outstanding in one or two of those categories that they deserve inclusion.

The names listed below are those under consideration for this year. To be eligible, a performer must have reached their 35th birthday and completed ten years since their debut as a full-time performer, or be someone who has been a full-time pro wrestler for at least 15 years.

Longevity should be a prime consideration rather than a hot two or three year run, unless someone is so significant as a trend-setter or a historical figure in the business, or valuable to the industry, that they need to be included. However, just longevity without being either a long-term main eventer, a top draw and/or a top caliber in-ring performer should be seen as relatively meaningless.

The election is broken down into a number of categories. You should check each category for wrestlers that you feel you are familiar enough with based on geography that you've either traveled or are familiar with, and based on the time you have followed pro wrestling. You do not have to vote for a wrestler in every category you've checked.

The ballot is also broken down to wrestlers and those who are not pro wrestlers but have been valuable parts of the industry.

The maximum number of wrestlers that you can vote for all the categories is ten. You can pick as few as zero if you don't believe anyone on this list deserves inclusion.

For wrestling executives, managers, announcers and other outside the ring performers, you can vote for them and they are not counted against the ten. You can vote for as many as five of them.

All responses are confidential. There is nothing to worry about politically about any involvement in this process. Your selections will not be revealed unless you choose to do so yourself.

Anyone who receives mention on 60% of the ballots from the geographical region and time frame (broken down as Continental United States & Canada; Mexico; Japan; and the rest of the world) will be added to the Hall of Fame in the class of 2019.

If you are unfamiliar with any of the candidates due to geography of having never seen them, that is fine. Ballots are sent to many people from all over the world and from different wrestling cultures so that everyone has as fair a shot at possible.

The breakdown for modern and historical performers is 30 years ago, or 1989. So if the last year the person was a headliner, or was a key figure in the industry, was prior to 1989, they would be in the historical class.

All performers who receive mention on 10% to 59.9% of the ballots from their geographical region or era will remain on the ballot for consideration next year. All those who receive less than 10% of the vote will be dropped from next year's ballot. They can return in two years based on if there is significant feedback from voters who say they will vote for them. This is mostly for wrestlers who are still active who may improve their career legacy, but can be for retired wrestlers if voters believe they should be put on or returned to the ballot.

In addition, in following the lead of the baseball Hall of Fame, which is the model here, we have a 15-year-rule. The following candidates have been on the ballot since 2005. In baseball, this would be their last year of eligibility. Here, if they don't get at least 50% of the votes in this year's election they will be removed from the ballot. If they are modern candidates, they can be brought back in the historical performers era in two years if it is more than 30 years since their career as a Hall Fame level performer is up:

The following candidates will be dropped from next year's ballot unless they are elected in or garner 50% of the vote:

Jun Akiyama
Don Owen
Villano III

Please return this ballot by October 20th. You can e-mail the ballot back to dave@wrestlingobserver.com or fax it to 408-244-3402 or mail (please do so by October 15th) to Wrestling Observer, P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228.

Please check by every category you are familiar with

I FOLLOWED THE HISTORICAL PERFORMERS ERA CANDIDATES
June Byers
Wild Bull Curry
Cowboy Bob Ellis
Don Fargo
Archie "Mongolian Stomper" Gouldie
Chavo Guerrero Sr.
Rocky Johnson
Jose Lothario
Sputnik Monroe
Blackjack Mulligan
Johnny Rougeau
Dick Slater
George Steele
Enrique Torres
Jimmy & Johnny Valiant
Von Brauners & Saul Weingeroff
Bearcat Wright

I FOLLOWED THE MODERN PERFORMERS IN U.S/CANADA CANDIDATES
Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson w/J.J. Dillon
Junkyard Dog
Edge
Bill Goldberg
Matt & Jeff Hardy
Rick Martel
Randy Orton
C.M.Punk
Sgt. Slaughter
Trish Stratus
Kerry Von Erich
Ultimate Warrior

I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN JAPAN CANDIDATES
Jun Akiyama
Cima
Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Yoshiaki Fujiwara
Hayabusa
Kota Ibushi
Tomohiro Ishii
Tetsuya Naito
Kenny Omega
Meiko Satomura
Akira Taue

I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN MEXICO CANDIDATES
Los Brazos (Brazo de Oro & Brazo de Plata & El Brazo)
Caristico
Ultimo Guerrero
Karloff Lagarde
Los Misioneros de la Muerte (El Signo & El Texano & Negro Navarro)
Huracan Ramirez
Villano III
Volador Jr.
Dr. Wagner Jr.

I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN EUROPE/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/PACIFIC ISLANDS/AFRICA
Sypros Arion
Big Daddy
Dominic DeNucci
Billy Joyce
George Kidd
Killer Karl Kox
Mario Milano
Kendo Nagasaki
Jackie Pallo
Rollerball Mark Rocco
Johnny Saint
Ricki Starr
Otto Wanz

NON-WRESTLERS
Lord James Blears
Dave Brown
Bob Caudle
Jim Crockett Jr.
Jim Crockett Sr.
Gedo
Jim Johnston
Larry Matysik
Stephanie McMahon
James Melby
Don Owen
Morris Sigel
George Scott
Naoki Sugabayashi
Ted Turner
Stanley Weston
Grand Wizard

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Have you watched the Sunny episode?

The Gang Talks About Sunny

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, Bix.

Awards talk is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898917
HOF talk is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898928

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Edit: I'll take this to the thread

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
e: I really need to read threads before I post in them

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I just listen to the stuff that’s posted on YouTube but this was amusing

Bryan: ”Can we have some babyfaces?!”
Dave: ”.......no. We’re not allowed.”

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
"Everyone knows that Rusev didn't impregnate Maria"
"Well, it's not IMPOSSIBLE"

Bless you, Dave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped another Rudos Podcast episode. Nuclear Potato talks about going to the live shows during All Out weekend including having a bleeding G Raver sprint past him to the back during 2 Cups Stuffed. He's also still ducking Procrastinator's Mask vs. Hair apuestas challenge for Wrestle Kingdom. Plus the Such Good poo poo award for the bad three letter company and Rudo Move of the week!

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-10-all-out-weekend/

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2m6Scfr0YBlppFRLwsOgV4?si=dZ4ZVfuZTiqbw640mUkA5A