Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Regal's sons are training to wrestle. He easily 100% could have gotten them a spot in the WWE Performance Centre but instead they are in the NJPW dojo (where he clearly also has connections through the people he worked with both in Japan and in WCW in the 90s) - same actually with David Finlay. That says a lot about what he personally thinks about the WWE system when it comes to actually developing talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't he get Juice into the dojo? Or was that Albert?

I know Regal is why Liger did that one Takeover, I assume they know each other from Liger's excursion here.

Regal did tours of NJPW in WCW and Liger periodically went to WCW

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Regal did tours of NJPW in WCW and Liger periodically went to WCW

He had a shot at being a p. serious guy there before he Regald it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Karmine posted:

It’s also worth remembering that Bryan has two young kids and is already watching raw, smackdown, dynamite, NXT, retro raw/SD, and SNME every week. I wouldn’t bother watching supplemental poo poo either.

"Your kids are growin' up and you're fuckin' watching Nitro. It's bullshit." Bryan "Chico" Alvarez, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Agreed, Regal is a loving bootlicker wank, gently caress him.

Also I quit on BTE when they decided to feature Avalon and Cutler so much. No.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't he get Juice into the dojo? Or was that Albert?

I know Regal is why Liger did that one Takeover, I assume they know each other from Liger's excursion here.

It was Albert. Juice went to him and was like “y’know, I don’t think I’m gonna go anywhere here, and I wanna go out and try to take a shot out in the indies” and Albert was like “I get it, I understand, I’ll pass on that you’re looking to leave.” He then suggested to try Japan, and if he needed any help he could make some calls.

Whatever he told Tiger was big, because Juice didn’t get offered a spot in the dojo, he got offered a main roster spot. Juice decided he wanted to go through the dojo to “unlearn” the WWE style and get how to put together a match in front of a completely different audience.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Cameo posted:

It was Albert. Juice went to him and was like “y’know, I don’t think I’m gonna go anywhere here, and I wanna go out and try to take a shot out in the indies” and Albert was like “I get it, I understand, I’ll pass on that you’re looking to leave.” He then suggested to try Japan, and if he needed any help he could make some calls.

Whatever he told Tiger was big, because Juice didn’t get offered a spot in the dojo, he got offered a main roster spot. Juice decided he wanted to go through the dojo to “unlearn” the WWE style and get how to put together a match in front of a completely different audience.

Albert was pushed heavily in NJPW. Made like, 3 NJ Cup finals and won one, longest IWGP tag title reign with Machine Gun. My guess is he left on good terms and earned a good deal of respect.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

longest IWGP tag title reign with Machine Gun.

That tag team ruled. Their match against Kojima and Dan Maff at the 2011 Philly Invasion show was my favorite.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That is Dave's point about Rey staying in WWE to get Dominik training being a mistake because he can afford to pay Shibata and Dom has a much better chance of making it, and also that at least when foreign acts are allowed again New Japan can meet Rey's Indy fee without forcing him to lock up with them so he can go back to his world tour thing.

Although there is also just the chance that Rey likes being in the WWE. Like one thing we've found out over the years is so many of those really problematic Eddie or Rey storylines were things that they pitched and pretty much wrote the whole way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rick posted:

That is Dave's point about Rey staying in WWE to get Dominik training being a mistake because he can afford to pay Shibata and Dom has a much better chance of making it, and also that at least when foreign acts are allowed again New Japan can meet Rey's Indy fee without forcing him to lock up with them so he can go back to his world tour thing.

Although there is also just the chance that Rey likes being in the WWE. Like one thing we've found out over the years is so many of those really problematic Eddie or Rey storylines were things that they pitched and pretty much wrote the whole way.

Didn't Rey send Dom to multiple places to train first? I'm sure he did time at Lance's school, for instance?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He trained under B-Boy for a little bit but I don't know how much

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BTE was more enjoyable when it was just the road blog of some dorky wrestlers who were always on the road. Once it became heavily wrapped up in the stories of a show I don't watch it pretty much lost me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You could do a lot worse than Lance and B-Boy for instructors

Lance teaches you fundamentals, B Boy teaches you how to take a stiff shot in the chops

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Leave Dominick on the LA Dojo doorstep in a basket filled with cash and a note addressed to Shibata

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You could do a lot worse than Lance and B-Boy for instructors

Lance teaches you fundamentals, B Boy teaches you how to take a stiff shot in the chops

as CM Punk and Samoa Joe taught us, B-Boy can not take a shot.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Low Desert Punk posted:

BTE is unwatchable, Chico has the right idea

he already has to watch WWE every week, let's not torture him more

Agreed, I can't make it through whole episodes.

Plus him not watching that or Dark gives him the correct perspective of what AEW are doing right or wrong in presenting to their main Dynamite audience. If there's a wrestler with heaps of personality on BTE and just a guy on TV, he gives that perspective well.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

BTE good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i enjoy bte whenever i watch it but i hardly ever watch it

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
So does Jim Cornette dislike gay people? Seen a few clips on youtube and he has a habit of queercoding people he doesnt seem to like, he'll say the name of the person with an exaggerated lisp and I'm starting to think this guy likes to associate being a gay with people he doesn't like.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

So does Jim Cornette dislike gay people? Seen a few clips on youtube and he has a habit of queercoding people he doesnt seem to like, he'll say the name of the person with an exaggerated lisp and I'm starting to think this guy likes to associate being a gay with people he doesn't like.

oh, immensely

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

He's a southern democrat who probably doesn't like anyone to the left of Bill Clinton.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

as CM Punk and Samoa Joe taught us, B-Boy can not take a shot.

That was Rick Noon, aka Ricky Reyes

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Alaois posted:

oh, immensely

The last clip i listened to he tried to claim him publicly dropping AEW caused the ratings dip

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Yuh huh.

One of his rants about Russo, he queercodes the gently caress out of him to you know, indicated what a bad person he is!

And of course, Russo queercodes hardcore wrestling fans to indicate what disgusting losers they are. :v:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

That was Rick Noon, aka Ricky Reyes

Different story.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

Different story.
I assumed you were talking about Homicide trying to piss everywhere, I don't remember B-Boy stories

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

I assumed you were talking about Homicide trying to piss everywhere, I don't remember B-Boy stories

Didn't know he was trained in the Hart Dungeon

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The open to the new WOR is a perfect twenty seconds.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no dave coughing 7/10

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
when did his cough start? was Dave COVID patient 0 for san jose

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave has had epic coughing fits from time to time for as long as I’ve been listening to WOR

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I think he's the more than anything just horrifically out of date, and no interest in being more of an ally than was his acceptable standard of allyship in the 80s.

Like he wants gay people to have rights, but be quiet about it, and he'll use incredibly homophobic language, but as long as he thinks gay people are allowed to live, he thinks he can't be homophobic.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 9, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when did his cough start? was Dave COVID patient 0 for san jose

I believe the last big cough started in mid December and carried until just before the cruise. So that period where a lot of people speculated they actually had the Rona because they had bad coughs in that period just before the pandemic.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jim valley’s voice has never been the same since. I love the guy but he’s Honma levels of tough to listen to now

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is there any way to watch that unaired Robert Stone analytics video that Dave mentioned?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

So does Jim Cornette dislike gay people?

No but he *is* extremely homophobic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

The open to the new WOR is a perfect twenty seconds.

I got like 10 seconds in and thought,"What was Punch talking about?" and then it happened :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

B-Boy got so drunk that Punk had to be the designated driver, but Punk couldn't drive stick so he stalled out 100 times going through the Taco Bell drive thru.

But gently caress it, it's B-Boys car!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you can't find em, grind em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I got like 10 seconds in and thought,"What was Punch talking about?" and then it happened :allears:

It takes a second, and I swear it's started by a slight cough!