Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Croc posted:

Yeah American healthcare is the best

he has Canadian healthcare

they would not cover him if he traveled outside of the country and got covid in spite of the Canadian government's travel warnings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've never really cared about Gallows & Anderson as a team but I'm just finishing listening to their Count Down To gently caress Town episode and they are so incredibly endearing. I knew they had comedic chops and always seemed fun/funny, but the way they tell their stories and interact with one another makes me want to be interested in them as a wrestling team despite never really being into them before. They just have such natural charm and charisma.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes they are very likable. karl is also a good wrestler and you sort of give gallows a pass within the team for their chemistry and in japan his size makes him legit. i would characterize their podcasts as frequently unlistenable but occasionally brilliant

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cut me like the butcher, gig me like the butcher

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave's "Yeah," when Bryan mentioned that he may still watch BTE was priceless.

The whole extended recap was great, really.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 21, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Arbite posted:

It's incredible because most of the skits Dave liked were really good but he describes them in the most tiresome manner I lose interest in something I've already watched and enjoyed.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lone Goat posted:

It's incredible because most of the skits Dave liked were really good but he describes them in the most tiresome manner I lose interest in something I've already watched and enjoyed.

Explaining BTE bits to someone is right up there with telling someone about a dream or an improv show as things that are never interesting to the person hearing about it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Explaining BTE bits to someone is right up there with telling someone about a dream or an improv show as things that are never interesting to the person hearing about it.

Dreams can be interesting or fun to listen to, with the caveat that you have to record that dream right when you wake up from it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Arbite posted:

BTE is really funny but it might be funnier when it's explained back to you like that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave explaining BTE bits in excruciating detail to somebody who doesn’t really care is a very funny bit

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seams posted:

Dave explaining BTE bits in excruciating detail to somebody who doesn’t really care is a very funny bit

Bryan is fully aware of it at this point and Dave has no idea. It's great.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
If my coworker spent four minutes explaining a two minute‘comedy’ bit they saw on YouTube to me at 3 in the morning, I’d be annoyed too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd be annoyed if anyone tried explaining anything to me at 3 in the morning

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Super No Vacancy posted:

yes they are very likable. karl is also a good wrestler and you sort of give gallows a pass within the team for their chemistry and in japan his size makes him legit. i would characterize their podcasts as frequently unlistenable but occasionally brilliant

GO ASK THAT FAT PIECE OF poo poo BUNDY IF *HE* TIPS

I won't have money to buy Barbies for my liddle dodder

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave Jungle Man is a loving jobber

Does this dumbass think hes literally Jungle Boy?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Lid posted:

Dave Jungle Man is a loving jobber

Does this dumbass think hes literally Jungle Boy?

no

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

excellent obit today considering I’d never heard of carlton haselrig

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave referring to a kitchen as "backstage of the restaurant" is a low-key great moment on last night's WOR

e: fixed an autocorrect :doh:

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 24, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dango Bango posted:

Dave everything to a kitchen as "backstage of the restaurant" is a low-key great moment on last night's WOR

Just needed a derail on what constitutes a "restaurant"

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“I mean, ah... it’s always a place in every restaurant, you know, where you go and sit down and eat food.”
“I know what a restaurant is, Dave.”
*ignores him* “I mean not every restaurant has a place where you can eat food, especially nowadays! Sometimes it’s takeout only. Like... so in 1973...”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mohamad205/status/1286432081191546880

This tweet keeps making me laugh.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

excellent obit today considering I’d never heard of carlton haselrig

I've only heard the audio but the story about him crashing his car, putting his head through the windshield and breaking the steering wheel, then flying to Chicago and catching a taxi for a 200 mile ride to play in the game was absolutely loving insane.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Dave everything to a kitchen as "backstage of the restaurant" is a low-key great moment on last night's WOR

we're approaching worked handoff levels of HoF Bubble moments

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I've only heard the audio but the story about him crashing his car, putting his head through the windshield and breaking the steering wheel, then flying to Chicago and catching a taxi for a 200 mile ride to play in the game was absolutely loving insane.
Kind of reminds me of a story about how Paul Gascoigne woke up from a 3 day bender, and realised that not only had he somehow made it to whatever game was scheduled during said bender, but was named man of the match

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Davros1 posted:

Just needed a derail on what constitutes a "restaurant"

They've got this thing called a "Special of the Day." It's a total work, it's just stuff they're trying to get rid of! And the marks totally buy it

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Trump wishes he had reply guys like this.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1286694682655952896?s=20

wrestlers whining about their star ratings on Twitter is so unbelievably sad

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She's joking

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

She's joking

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 24, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Big Swole was on Unrestricted this week, and she’s just the best. Apparently she’s almost died like half a dozen times from different things.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Personally I'd add half a star to all those ratings but who cares.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it sucks reading the tokyo dome joke forever but at the same time making GBS threads on jordynne grace for repeating that joke is the popular reddit/twitterman opinion from what i can tell. i've decided to not think about it any longer

yer baby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Dave giving **** to Rollins vs Rey at Extreme Rules should by far be the biggest Meltzer-controversy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sleep with the vicious posted:

Dave giving **** to Rollins vs Rey at Extreme Rules should by far be the biggest Meltzer-controversy
The match was fine. The finish was okay, it was just how they decided to do it. Or decided to do it at all. That format is how I wish Last Man Standing or I Quit matches happened in WWE, and not just constantly stopping the action after ever spot

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

sleep with the vicious posted:

that poo poo was as bad as hell in a cell last year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not even remotely. The Hell in a Cell match was an utter abomination from start to finish. The Eye for an Eye match was a stupid loving stipulation with a terrible ending but the actual match itself before the dumb ending was pretty good. Not 4* good in my opinion, but sure as hell nowhere near as bad as the Hell in a Cell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I thought it was funny how Seth was trying to gouge Rey's eye out with the end of a kendo stick and a chair leg.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerusalem posted:

Not even remotely. The Hell in a Cell match was an utter abomination from start to finish. The Eye for an Eye match was a stupid loving stipulation with a terrible ending but the actual match itself before the dumb ending was pretty good. Not 4* good in my opinion, but sure as hell nowhere near as bad as the Hell in a Cell.

this match is sadder than hell in a cell because rey mysterio looked like a broken down old man to me. it was really boring and i was more excited thinking about how ddt are going to make fun of this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Completely agree with this. At least Eye for an Eye didn't have the ref pleading with Seth the entire time "don't do this! This isn't you!" :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the fake vomit was just as cringe