Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

It’s extremely unlikely that a guy making what he makes could spend enough to beat USADA. Even the rich guys get caught occasionally.

The drugs are always trying to stay a step ahead of the testing and some guys just get lucky until they get caught. But the Eraser is clean all hail Brazil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

No

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Late posting but that was some classic steamroller at the beginning of the episode

"How's it going everybody...Another UFC in the Bag...GSP middleweight champion...Epic comeback after being gashed open...Chokes Bisping unconscious...Being called the greatest UFC of all time, Dave what did you think?"

"Actually I want to start with Joe Diago... :killdozer: "

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I hear TNA made a late run for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic last night.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

So I hear TNA made a late run for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic last night.

Oh they snatched it at the last minute last night, there really isn't anything that comes close.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Domestic abuser rants for 15 minutes about how unfairly he was treated by their one of management to a baby face reaction.

This is what TNA booked.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

Oh they snatched it at the last minute last night, there really isn't anything that comes close.

Even the Warrior stuff? Wow.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic is TNA for suspending Del Rio for being the victim of domestic abuse.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

Even the Warrior stuff? Wow.

They're giving a man a main event world title push because he was suspended for domestic abuse.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

exploded mummy posted:

They're giving a man a main event world title push because he was suspended for domestic abuse.

It's a close race, and I wouldn't begrudge anyone for voting either way, but WWE is fronting their cancer charity push with someone who once said that he was glad Bobby Heenan had cancer, not to mention all the other lovely horrible things Warrior ever said.

And I mean all the charges against Alberto were dropped. I'm not, in any way whatsoever, trying to defend him or this push, but sadly "if he was THAT bad he'd be in prison!" is how a lot of people think.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even if he's completely innocent of all wrongdoing, making an angle of "TNA screwed me over for suspending me when I was accused of assaulting a woman" is spectacular in its shittiness and was the primary main event title on their "WrestleMania".

Though an argument can be made that TNA made no money on this while Komen probably made a buttload off Warrior.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Liam O'Rourke from the Squared Circle Gazette Radio podcast has a book out today about the life of Brian Pillman. Features up-to-date interviews with his family and people he worked with: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1976541247/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510001252&sr=8-1

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Bruan is apparently going to do a study of clown wrestlers and rank them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Honestly didn't know where else to put this

Jericho is getting a Travel Channel show, The Legend Of with Chris Jericho, where he travels the world investigating legends and folktales

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Though an argument can be made that TNA made no money on this while Komen probably made a buttload off Warrior.

Yeah it's also important to remember that the breast cancer org in question is a bunch of scummy bullshit too. Like I said it's a close race but the TNA stuff is sort of run of the mill wrestling sleaze. WWE is managing to make partnering with a cancer charity a giant embarrassment. That's an awardworthy achievement imo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Jericho is getting a Travel Channel show, The Legend Of with Chris Jericho, where he travels the world investigating legends and folktales

Finally someone will investigate the hollow earth lizard people

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Who the hell is Jericho's agent

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chris Jericho's agent is named Sharron Elkabas.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
ADR angle is tasteless, Warrior stuff actually qualifies as ‘disgusting’ in my book.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Very, very excited to hear Dave and Bryan try to explain that UFC Fight Pass was using logged in users to mine bitcoin.

Link if you haven’t seen -
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7b4zdk/fight_pass_is_shady_ysk_ufc_fight_pass_is_using/?st=J9OS843G&sh=1e50a0ca

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mkay0 posted:

Very, very excited to hear Dave and Bryan try to explain that UFC Fight Pass was using logged in users to mine bitcoin.

Link if you haven’t seen -
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7b4zdk/fight_pass_is_shady_ysk_ufc_fight_pass_is_using/?st=J9OS843G&sh=1e50a0ca

WME must be in worse financial straits then we thought over the Zuffa acquisition.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

exploded mummy posted:

Domestic abuser rants for 15 minutes about how unfairly he was treated by their one of management to a baby face reaction.

This is what TNA booked.

Um...it came out that Paige was the abuser in this situation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what a mark

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Jubs posted:

:thunk:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Anyone listen to Austin Aries on Jericho yet?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mkay0 posted:

Anyone listen to Austin Aries on Jericho yet?

I'd recommend it highly once you get past the vegan talk in the beginning if you don't want to hear that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jubs posted:

That right, aye?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Please don’t listen to Austin Aries on Talk Is Jericho unless you want to hear an hour of tinfoil hat food discussion.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Aries was actually pretty reasonable about his approach to veganism even if he did pepper discussion with the occasional pseudoscientific nugget. And then he was very candid about his time in WWE and his place in wrestling at this point in his career.

Aaaaand then he made sure to say that fluoride causes autism in the last 30 seconds of the interview. So close, Austin, so close.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
surprise run in by THE KREMENAL today on WOL hell yeah

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/status/928368744899973125

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thrifting Day! posted:

Please don’t listen to Austin Aries on Talk Is Jericho unless you want to hear an hour of tinfoil hat food discussion.

He definitely dropped some dumb pseudo-science poo poo but he was... surprisingly charming and self-deprecating for what I was expecting from Austin Aries

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Omega and the Bucks on Cabana's podcast this week

Decent listen. Only scoop was fairly obvious: Said they've tried to break up Bullet Club before, but New Japan won't let them due to merch sales. Similarly, they don't control who's members

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
For those of you with observer subscriptions, which podcast app are you using? I recently jumped to Android and am looking for something that'll handle the observer subscriber feeds. From what I've read they don't do passwords the same as how most everyone does, which...doesn't surprise me at all.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Viper_3000 posted:

For those of you with observer subscriptions, which podcast app are you using? I recently jumped to Android and am looking for something that'll handle the observer subscriber feeds. From what I've read they don't do passwords the same as how most everyone does, which...doesn't surprise me at all.

I use BeyondPod.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Viper_3000 posted:

Podcast Addict works for me.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Incessant Excess posted:

Podcast Addict works for me.

Seconding Podcast Addict.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Chris James 2 posted:

Omega and the Bucks on Cabana's podcast this week

Decent listen. Only scoop was fairly obvious: Said they've tried to break up Bullet Club before, but New Japan won't let them due to merch sales. Similarly, they don't control who's members

I guess that's why there's the Elite sub group and Tama Tonga and friends.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Thirding Podcast Addict; such a good app. Also, what's the general consensus on Solomonster? I have checked out a couple episodes of his podcast; and while I don't think it's for me, I was curious what people thought about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm listening to ep 517 and it seems enjoyable but I wish he has someone to just balance his banter with. This very much reminds me of those radio sports shows where the host just goes on and on.