Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

bryan alvarez is just an idiot that yells about wrestling

The source on this is Bryan Alvarez :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Memnaelar posted:

Also, did we know that Butcher wrestled Mox JUST after coming back from Covid at the time? That was news to me on Jericho's podcast and just made me more impressed by the fact that he worked so hard that match.

Lol that explains a lot.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Memnaelar posted:

Also, did we know that Butcher wrestled Mox JUST after coming back from Covid at the time? That was news to me on Jericho's podcast and just made me more impressed by the fact that he worked so hard that match.

I don’t think it was public at the time, but I think a lot of people assumed it when Blade was skulking around solo or not at all for a couple summer episodes, I think the taping where they brought the Buffalo Boys in.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 8, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lance is being very deliberately obtuse about the Lights Out match now.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1380022374834208768

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jim Valley is going to the May 5th Dynamite, which he actually announced earlier in the week.

Just a coincidence he says!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Pylons posted:

Thunder Rosa should bring this up to Tony Khan, who adds the win to her record and then it drives Britt insane

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

You have to sanction a match for a world title. Bing bong so simple

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan finally asked how Dave came to the conclusion of women being turned off by AEW's blood/violence. Dave: "I have an ex-girlfriend I still text" :vince:

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You have to sanction a match for a world title. Bing bong so simple

On top of that, Omega made it a Exploding Barbed Wire match of his own volition rather than a stipulation placed by the booker.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Jim Valley is going to the May 5th Dynamite, which he actually announced earlier in the week.

Just a coincidence he says!

Finally, fresh blood for the main title scene

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan finally asked how Dave came to the conclusion of women being turned off by AEW's blood/violence. Dave: "I have an ex-girlfriend I still text" :vince:

“Dave got a secret divorce” chat intensifies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

“Dave got a secret divorce” chat intensifies.

You think all those papers on his floor are the newsletter???

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he said like two weeks ago that lisa riddle looks just like his wife, there's some dave's wife lore

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

he said like two weeks ago that lisa riddle looks just like his wife, there's some dave's wife lore

Poor guy won't admit that it's over.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

You can talk about "posting through it" but there is no better example of posting through it. A bunch of people tweeting about how you are racist and no one should listen to you. Do you stop what you are doing? No, you keep QTing people how WCW expanding to 12 PPVs per year was a good business move and then an hour later decide to QT someone who brings it up with a brutal burn on Rosenberg, then go back to posting.

Whether you like the guy or not, he is a poster.

Game recognize game.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Poor guy won't admit that it's over.

lmao

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1380252565347069952?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I have never been more confounded than Bryan's rant against Shane Carwin of all people. I get the tangent and what it was trying to illustrate but also it's Shane loving Carwin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Return of the king Jim Valley on WOL last night, you love to see it
He’s on about 12 mins in

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Return of the king Jim Valley on WOL last night, you love to see it
He’s on about 12 mins in

Bryan realizing in real-time that he's exactly the same weight and one belt size smaller than a guy who currently needs physical therapy to get back to a healthy size was :kiss:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan realizing in real-time that he's exactly the same weight and one belt size smaller than a guy who currently needs physical therapy to get back to a healthy size was :kiss:

Hahaha "Do I need rehab?"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The latest Pacific Rim, Jim Valley and Fumi really make a good case as to why the WWE Hall of Fame is actually a good thing; even though I don’t normally watch it anymore it made me kind of wish I did. There show on it is a good listen.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave being a swing count truther is my new favourite thing

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

Came here to post that this is close to peak Dave.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

You know (swallows cud) it's like, whatever, they have a number of swings they, the people in the back, they think he should be doing, so that's the number, that's the number they've given me, of swings, so whatever, those are the swings he has in the mayyyytch, so

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Swings change

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It’d be more swings if it was in the Tokyo Dome.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I did like Bryan wondering if the swing count was going to be a new WrestleMania III attendance thing.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bryan refusing to engage Dave on the swing count discourse is my Wrestlemania

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave counts swings by printing out screencaps of every rotation

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Worked swings

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

jesus WEP posted:

He's right, though. WWE crowds feel the need to chant in a specific rhythm regardless of if Cesaro has completed the announced number of revolutions or not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

davidbix posted:

He's right, though. WWE crowds feel the need to chant in a specific rhythm regardless of if Cesaro has completed the announced number of revolutions or not.

They started counting faster as it went on!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Pylons posted:

They started counting faster as it went on!
Also weird: They counted MUCH closer to reality on the first swing attempt, but then the second attempt was the usual nonsense.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

davidbix posted:

Also weird: They counted MUCH closer to reality on the first swing attempt, but then the second attempt was the usual nonsense.

clearly there was some parts of the crowd that were paid to speed up the count. Needs to be looked into.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m hearing from sources that the swings were piped in

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is just how crowds work unless cesaro is swinging someone at a professional musician convention or something

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Whilst reading a story on the F4W website I accidently clicked on the share to Google+ button. The same Google+ that was discontinued on 2019.

Now that the Space Jam website is gone F4W might have the oldest feeling website in the internet.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

let's just be proud they could count as high as they did

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Raffles posted:

Whilst reading a story on the F4W website I accidently clicked on the share to Google+ button. The same Google+ that was discontinued on 2019.

Now that the Space Jam website is gone F4W might have the oldest feeling website in the internet.

It still exists they just changed the url slightly
https://www.spacejam.com/1996/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's not just swing counts...but what if all the times corner punches were counted by the crowd and weren't accurate. The entire history of Pro-wrestling would than be false

We're through the looking glass here people!!!!!!!!!!!!