Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bryan was a real pos on wol today. Semp was sorely missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I first heard the news about Sasha and Naomi I assumed it was some storyline angle and was going to be reported as such, then listened in and Jesus Christ what a loving mess the living corpse of the WWE is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Johnny as JR reacting to getting word about Shida's injury on air was hilarious. "Now I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this name, but.."

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Johnny as JR reacting to getting word about Shida's injury on air was hilarious. "Now I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this name, but.."

i need a link, if possible

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mooseinfants posted:

Bryan was a real pos on wol today. Semp was sorely missed

What was he on about?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

1glitch0 posted:

What was he on about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7OIT3X1QY

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Punch McLightning posted:

i need a link, if possible

Here you go! (google drive link because i don't know of a better way to do this)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Thanks but I've had my fill of listening to Bryan lately.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Thanks but I've had my fill of listening to Bryan lately.

then why did you ask

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Alaois posted:

then why did you ask

I wanted someone to tell me what he said that was annoying not to listen to him jabber for 10 minutes.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

1glitch0 posted:

I wanted someone to tell me what he said that was annoying not to listen to him jabber for 10 minutes.

He was saying Sasha and Naomi were each going to get title shots which is in itself a good push they should have been grateful for and he has NO SYMPATHY if they were unhappy with creative when other talent at wwe gets worse storylines.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
idk how bryan goes from always talking about how WWE tries to ruin the reputations of people who leave (hard to work with/attitude problems) to aggressively parroting the company line that was fed to him about this situation. like telling us that people there have no sympathy for her and also they call her a loving mark or diva isn't exactly dispelling my notions of the backstage environment there that could lead to people becoming frustrated!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

idk how bryan goes from always talking about how WWE tries to ruin the reputations of people who leave (hard to work with/attitude problems) to aggressively parroting the company line that was fed to him about this situation. like telling us that people there have no sympathy for her and also they call her a loving mark or diva isn't exactly dispelling my notions of the backstage environment there that could lead to people becoming frustrated!

Because he's a dumb small business tyrant.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i love him dearly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Sasha stans are going to kill him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

i love him dearly

We need to be here for him, now more than ever

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's such dumb WWE logic, why push a tag team in two separate singles fueds instead of any of the other woman you have on the roster? Why would Naomi get a title shot for a show she's not even on?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wrestling With Wregret covered Starrcade '94 which featured Honky Tonk Man deciding to just up and leave because he didn't want to put over Johnny B. Badd. Nobody really cared then, even if Honky was not admittedly positioned as highly as Sasha but that's still on a PPV. That sort of thing just happens, perhaps not coincidentally when there are more options out there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

0konner posted:

He was saying Sasha and Naomi were each going to get title shots which is in itself a good push they should have been grateful for and he has NO SYMPATHY if they were unhappy with creative when other talent at wwe gets worse storylines.

Yep that sounds like Bryan! Thanks!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He's rushing to provide an "insightful" take and ends up being way too narrow-minded and gullible. His take completely ignores the history of WWE jerking around performers and promising X only to do Y.

Really embarrassing on his part to shout out "no sympathy!!" mere months after we saw how the WWE treated Jeff Hardy, Toni Storm, Athena, and all the layoffs, etc.

Hope someone he respects manages to get through to him and he issues a new take and some sort of mea culpa, although I won't hold my breath.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This feels like the type of thing Bryan's gonna harp on for six shows just repeating the same talking points over and over.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JT Smiley posted:

This feels like the type of thing Bryan's gonna harp on for six shows just repeating the same talking points over and over.

And then at the end scream AM I WRONG and hopefully someone says yes

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

mooseinfants posted:

jiminy christmas!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

mooseinfants posted:

In my head I heard him saying "is it just me?!" as I was typing that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

I can hear his voice do it's best to not crack

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love super chico

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

jiminy christmas!

Jeez louise...

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Bryan complains about dumb WWE booking five days a week, but can't understand why someone who works for WWE would be upset by dumb WWE booking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I mean to be fair he was more saying that he thinks the wrestlers should act more professionally in their dealings with the man who chases people around backstage with his poo poo-stained underwear on a stick.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think he just genuinely believes that the booking he heard about is not "dumb WWE booking" and especially not bad enough to walk out of the company over.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I think he just genuinely believes that the booking he heard about is not "dumb WWE booking" and especially not bad enough to walk out of the company over.

You are entirely correct, and thats part of the problem. Sasha was entirely right but because they grade WWE on a curve they ignore the situation because "well Sasha isnt dressing in a bikini in mud wrestling matches so whats the big deal"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
It's more a comparative fallacy. "WWE booking gets way, way worse than the booking Sasha and Naomi have had to put up with, therefore they shouldn't complain." It may get way shitter, but that doesn't make what they're complaining about non-lovely.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It seems like Bryan (and Jim frankly) are both assuming that Sasha and Naomi's problem is that they were getting put into singles feuds they were gonna lose, and not the fact that they were gonna basically break up yet another women's tag tam while they were holding the titles just so they could have bodies for the singles champions to stomp at the PPV in 2 weeks and almost definitely had exactly zero plan for either of them after that, thus rendering their tag team run completely worthless.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Drakkel posted:

It seems like Bryan (and Jim frankly) are both assuming that Sasha and Naomi's problem is that they were getting put into singles feuds they were gonna lose, and not the fact that they were gonna basically break up yet another women's tag tam while they were holding the titles just so they could have bodies for the singles champions to stomp at the PPV in 2 weeks and almost definitely had exactly zero plan for either of them after that, thus rendering their tag team run completely worthless.

No he understands that because he outright dud a Bryan "so what?" And then talked about how in WWE singles stars have beaten the tag champs in handicap matches many times and to be expected, if anything it being only a singles job is an improvement in his eyes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lid posted:

No he understands that because he outright dud a Bryan "so what?" And then talked about how in WWE singles stars have beaten the tag champs in handicap matches many times and to be expected, if anything it being only a singles job is an improvement in his eyes.

"WWE always treats tag teams like dogshit so you got nothing to complain about" is a hell of a take

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
The argument Dave and Bryan put forward is seriously missing the forest for the trees. Like regardless of how Naomi and Sasha look losing to Bianca and Rousey, it doesn't change their trajectory in the slightest, especially considering the point seems to be building to another break up angle.

Also I get that we're not meant to take Doudrop or Nikki ASH seriously, but man what a fuckin burial to say that match'll be lovely and should instantly be dismissed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1527316427140501504

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

Also I get that we're not meant to take Doudrop or Nikki ASH seriously, but man what a fuckin burial to say that match'll be lovely and should instantly be dismissed.

I do feel a little bad for Nikki. I mean Hurricane was an actual superhero.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nikki Cross ruled in NXT.

A lot of people ruled in NXT.

NXT used to rule too.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Bryan going full stupid pariah for getting on the double bad side of Sasha Twitter and Maki Twitter.