Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope the wrestlers pay attention to the bonuses the execs get at the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I am convinced Vince would burn the entire company to the ground out of spite if the wrestlers tried to unionize

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

I am convinced Vince would burn the entire company to the ground out of spite if the wrestlers tried to unionize
Dave reckons 80s Vince would have done exactly that, but 2018 Vince would probably cave

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The XFL puts them in a position that might keep Vince from burning everything down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's so much harder for them to strike now. Two rosters that are in the same city once a month plus NXT. Can you get everyone on board so Vince doesn't have enough people to try to put on a show?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It's so much harder for them to strike now. Two rosters that are in the same city once a month plus NXT. Can you get everyone on board so Vince doesn't have enough people to try to put on a show?

Here is why a strike could never succeed.

If Roman doesn't go on strike, WWE can put on a show and Vince wins.

If Roman does go on strike, fans will side with WWE and Vince wins.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Here is why a strike could never succeed.

If Roman doesn't go on strike, WWE can put on a show and Vince wins.

If Roman does go on strike, fans will side with WWE and Vince wins.

Vince can also replace Roman with anyone else in the same position and it won't make a lick of difference.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That really was the roadmap to why a walkout would work, when to do it so not hurt your short term pay and of course that it won't happen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The unionisation topic is something we can theorise about all day. But I know enough wrestlers to know the culture NXT creates from day one (even before day one you get a Property of the Performance Center shirt with your itinerary sent to your home address) and how much Triple H is made to a paternalistic figure.

I think Meltzer is correct that if it or a significant pay rise and benefits package happens it comes from fan pressure and pressure on WWE's business partners rather than wrestlers downing tools.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh good, Sempervive hadn't been a ridiculous contrarian who won't shut the gently caress up for a little while, but he fixed that "problem" on the latest WOL.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan figures out why rap wars happen on the latest B&V Show :xd:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't typically listen to B&V shows until Wednesday nights at work. But between that comment and the possibility of discussion about Randy Savage's 5-4 defense, I'm excited.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still havent recovered from Bryans meltdown last week about... hell the entire show lmao.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sempervive can be really tough when he gets stuck on an issue because alvarez himself isn't the best person at trying to move on from a topic. makes for really bad radio. way too much unnecessary devil's advocate from him.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I haven't listened to the offending audio, nor will I, but I will say this:

Fire Sempervive.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bring back sin limite

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This weeks retro Nitro is so unbelievably dull, much worse than the episode with the asylum inmates which was at least funny bad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Incessant Excess posted:

This weeks retro Nitro is so unbelievably dull, much worse than the episode with the asylum inmates which was at least funny bad.

next week's episode is incredibly lovely

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Listening to B&V&C and god drat Roddy Piper vs Jerry Lawler would have been a great main event, ten years earlier

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

exploded mummy posted:

next week's episode is incredibly lovely

Lord help us.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave’s pronunciation of Edinburgh tho

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah, it was a real doozy. "EE-den-berg"

But I imagined this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqmDq6IiF_Q saying "San Jose" and had to cut Dave some slack.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really liked the discussion about how Dana White is always thinking of the fans and scheduling events appropriately, followed immediately by a discussion of the UFC show at 6:30am this Sunday.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I really liked the discussion about how Dana White is always thinking of the fans and scheduling events appropriately, followed immediately by a discussion of the UFC show at 6:30am this Sunday.

First UFC Show I can recall watching, one of the fighters suffered a panic attack in the locker room so they canceled his fight, and the commentators were raving about how the wellbeing of their fighters is UFC's absolute #1 top priority... then one of the fighters literally split his toe down to the bone and he and his corner were shown on camera insisting to the ref that "it was like that before the fight, it's fine!" and they finished out the match while the commenators said,"Well... it looked like you could see the bone but maybe it WAS like that before the fight?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's in England.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

Californian accent stuff. They say poo poo like carmel weird too.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
The Royal Rumble wasn't bad, was it? But here's one that's greater: It's the Sidewalk Slam for The Greatest Royal Rumble!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“I did not pronounce eeeeedinburgh wrong” says Bryan Alvarez, incorrectly

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

it was a real wowie kazowie moment for me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

First UFC Show I can recall watching, one of the fighters suffered a panic attack in the locker room so they canceled his fight, and the commentators were raving about how the wellbeing of their fighters is UFC's absolute #1 top priority... then one of the fighters literally split his toe down to the bone and he and his corner were shown on camera insisting to the ref that "it was like that before the fight, it's fine!" and they finished out the match while the commenators said,"Well... it looked like you could see the bone but maybe it WAS like that before the fight?"

Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnin. That fight was weird because the injury to Jones happened during the fight and nobody realized it. Had the fight actually gone to the 2nd round it would've been a clear Doctor stoppage between rounds, and Chael would've won the Light Heavyweight Title (only to lose it back to Jones because he tested positive for PEDS).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

only to lose it back to Jones because he tested positive for PEDS

Jones: :ninja:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sorry Chael tested positive. Pronouns Pal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry Chael tested positive. Pronouns Pal

I know, I'm saying it's fun because Jones would eventually be revealed as a drug cheat as well, and made my fat dad Daniel Cormier cry.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I really enjoyed Flair pointing his thumbs up and making an upwards motion as he was telling El Dandy to go down on retro Nitro.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerusalem posted:

I know, I'm saying it's fun because Jones would eventually be revealed as a drug cheat as well, and made my fat dad Daniel Cormier cry.

If they ever decide to turn Roman, the "hot mic" angle from Jones/Cormier would be a great way of doing it that would actually cause the people who do like him to turn.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PaybackJack posted:

If they ever decide to turn Roman, the "hot mic" angle from Jones/Cormier would be a great way of doing it that would actually cause the people who do like him to turn.

WWE writers would botch that so badly. it'd end in Roman yelling racial slurs at a woman or chain smoking e-cigarettes.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

coconono posted:

WWE writers would botch that so badly. it'd end in Roman yelling racial slurs at a woman or chain smoking e-cigarettes.

I was just thinking earlier about how great heel Batista was at the end of his first run and how he generated a ton of heat just in his clothing; I have to imagine he would have gotten a vape pen a few years later knowing how insufferable he'd look doing it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave attempts BOSJ math on the latest Observer Radio :neckbeard:

Edit: Actually it looks like they linked to last year's WOR by mistake and it took me way too long to notice :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 28, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1000966366499885056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

On the latest 83 Weeks Bischoff compares Dave Meltzer to Varys which is he totally means as an insult to explain that Dave's power comes from the rumors and secrets that he trades in...but it's pretty hilarious because Varys is not only one of the more decent characters in Game of Thrones, who actually cares about the health and well being of the Kingdom opposed to getting himself over, and has provided good counsel for people who seek him out. He's not innocent by any means but he's probably in the top tier of decent individuals on that show.