Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Flex Wheeler sounds like the product of a cloning experiment using DNA from FTR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
never been as impressed with bryan as this past week when he managed to know and recall who anton chigurh is

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Lol at how much Bryan and Dave hate AEW now.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

observer derangement syndrome

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drive-by shitposting... i can't abide that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

jesus WEP posted:

observer derangement syndrome

many such cases

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kicking it Raw mode for a somewhat late deadlock.

quote:

This is the go home show for WWF King Of The Ring 1998 which features 2 huge matches, the Hell In A Cell match between Undertaker & Mankind and Kane vs Stone Cold Steve Austin in a First Blood Match. On this RAW we are building towards the PPV and feature comments from Paul Bearer at his home about Kane, who is challenging Stone Cold for the WWF Championship. At the start of the show, Kane speaks for the very first time and says that if he doesn’t win the WWF Championship, “He will set himself on fire!” When Stone Cold arrives at the end of the show he is treated to a blood bath courtesy of Kane! Also, we have King of The Ring Quarter Final matches all night, one of the strangest promos by Al Snow and Jerry Lawler, and the WWF in ring debut of Edge!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

loser mentality from the dpw bookers on display here. They should have put Lucky Ali and Jay Malakai on full blast to build for a potential return angle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Want to book a wrestling legend on your podcast?

PSP Legend Zicky Dice

https://www.podstarz.net/celebrities/zicky_dice

AEW Legend Joseph Ruud

https://www.podstarz.net/celebrities/joseph_ruud

Wrestling Training Legend Bill DeMott

https://www.podstarz.net/celebrities/bill_demott_9243

and then Aron Stevens and EC3 too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I listened to We're Live Pal because Dave Meltzer was on it and oh my God apparently CM Punk cracked an oral sex joke and the three of them were scratching their heads and trying to figure out what the secret joke was until somebody in the chat explained it to them :laugh:

Dave: I think... maybe AJ is doing a show on Netflix?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

Want to book a wrestling legend on your podcast?

AEW Legend Joseph Ruud

https://www.podstarz.net/celebrities/joseph_ruud

I would book Thourf Marrius on my podcast

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the undertaker vs undertaker match dpw watched on patreon is absolutely hosed, what the hell

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The only part of the Taker vs Taker feud worth watching are the Leslie Neilson skits

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

*blasts u with an urn*

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Did not expect to hear Jim Cornette's name in the latest Coffeezilla video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ftBeP16TA

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1773132035097305182

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He’s right, unfortunately

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lot of people didn't want an alternative to WWE but a competent WWE, vince getting ousted made that possible

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Incessant Excess posted:

lot of people didn't want an alternative to WWE but a competent WWE, vince getting ousted made that possible

We wanted to be sports entertained and by tge late 2000s to 2010s WWE was actively insulting uts audience. We went to NJPW, then Lucha Underground, and then black and gold NXT, but they were all scratching an itch and everytime it was "if only it was here". And then it was and for years AEW was the best promotion in earth and then simultaneously they had their worst year in their very young life and WWE had its best and now AEW is insane again but WWE isn't in the dregs so the gap has stayed about the same as it was last year.

Don't worry they'll have Cody lose again and the feeling will be back, the feeling being "holy gently caress they dud this with Dami and Cody a year ago why do I keep watching them pill tge football" and AEW will reign.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

Don't worry they'll have Cody lose again and the feeling will be back, the feeling being "holy gently caress they dud this with Dami and Cody a year ago why do I keep watching them pill tge football" and AEW will reign.
this poster is trapped in the copeyverse

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's big and I'm scared.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
mjf is gonna screw cody out of the title and hes gonna be a big star in wwe

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Generico posted:

Lol it's always the chuddiest people falling for these scams

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Generico posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ftBeP16TA

Oh my God I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle the dude who went on that rambling,"Actually I paid these people MORE money than I should have" mess of an answer to the question,"Why didn't you pay these people the money you owed them?"

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Incessant Excess posted:

Lanza was bang on about this a couple of weeks ago on VOW. He finally conceded that most wrestling fans don't want more than one wrestling company to exist despite being doubtful initially.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Malikov posted:

Lanza was bang on about this a couple of weeks ago on VOW. He finally conceded that most wrestling fans don't want more than one wrestling company to exist despite being doubtful initially.

Does he have any insight as to why?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rotinaj posted:

They’re really stupid

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's the same with most things, honestly. People loved Netflix originally because it had all the shows/movies in one place. And yes, the cost of multiple services is a factor, but at the end of the day, your parents want to be able to click one thing and have all the stuff they want there. Same thing with gamers, people say they want competition but what they mean is they want Steam to have everything be cheaper. Hell, it's a big reason why every other video platform but YouTube died.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Malikov posted:

Got a link to this?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I disagree with Lanza's point - I believe wrestling fans need two promotions: one to watch and one to berate.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

I disagree with Lanza's point - I believe wrestling fans need two promotions: one to watch and one to berate.

There was a good while where WWE was both of these things are the same time

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

There was a good while where WWE was both of these things are the same time

I wouldn’t use “good” to describe that

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

Can't speak for him, but WWF/WCW was probably the most recent time in the united states where 2 different sport organizations where battling it out on even ground and that was almost 30 years ago and didn't last too long. Bellator and Strikeforce never got close to UFC even at their peak. NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA have no competition.

People probably only want to watch the pinnacle of any sport, real or fake, and there can only be one pinnacle. I don't agree, but I can see people having that point of view.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hmmmmm, tony should move aew to canada and then it can be like the cfl to wwwfs nfl

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

Bret Hart wrote this about the book: “First of all, congratulations on perhaps one of the most truthful and enjoyable reads about my profession ever. I absolutely loved this book. It was beautifully written and often brought a big smile as I read it. The last chapters brought tears to my eyes too. I can say honestly that although I respected all six of the wrestlers you wrote about, like most wrestlers, we only know the wrestler side of them. You brought out the truth and in many ways a deeper appreciation for my old friends. . . Most wrestling books are garbage and I’ll be happy to recommend your book as one of the very best and place it right besides Mick Foley’s and mine.”

Loved this quote from Bret in the Observer about a new book coming out. The last two words are perfection

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Genericide posted:

Loved this quote from Bret in the Observer about a new book coming out. The last two words are perfection

Bret Hart is the best mark of all time.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Genericide posted:

Care to tell us what book?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jubs posted:

Care to tell us what book?

the official wwe legendary joke book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!