Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Another thing that slipped under the radar in the wake of the Dave thing, is Cornette DEFENDING Orton as just pulling a funny rib because you see it's completely normal for a guy to expose himself to other men as a joke.

Yes, Jim, I'm pretty sure this thing happens all the time on tv show and movie sets; I think it's jokingly called the 'Spielberg'.

Normally, I'm into Cornette and can glossy over some of his more outdated thinking but he's really out of touch on this one.

There was a good exchange though (paraphrasing):

Cornette: "The first one that went for the handshake, gone past Orton's hand and grabbed his knob then squeezed as hard as he could: Vince would have made the head writer."
Co-host: "So your suggestion..."
Cornette: "That would have been the counter!"
Co-Host "...is to squeeze his dick?"
Cornette: "YES!"

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

RBX posted:

Summerslam is this weekend and people care more about Dave being Dave than it.

But hey, TakeOver should rule.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

Another thing that slipped under the radar in the wake of the Dave thing, is Cornette DEFENDING Orton as just pulling a funny rib because you see it's completely normal for a guy to expose himself to other men as a joke.

Yes, Jim, I'm pretty sure this thing happens all the time on tv show and movie sets; I think it's jokingly called the 'Spielberg'.

Normally, I'm into Cornette and can glossy over some of his more outdated thinking but he's really out of touch on this one.

Cornette: "The first one that went for the handshake, gone past Orton's hand and grabbed his knob then squeezed as hard as he could: Vince would have made the head writer."
Co-host: "So you're suggestion..."

It'd be more shocked if Cornette criticized him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean I wasn't really surprised but yeah I had a good :doh: when I heard Cornette blow that off as just Boys Being Boys.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in his day, dudes would suck each other’s dicks as a gag. Wrestling sure was professional.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

coconono posted:

in his day, dudes would suck each other’s dicks as a gag. Wrestling sure was professional.

Just playing a little Gay Chicken?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

I bet the dude that got his dick sucked was completely humiliated

Man they really got 'em with that one

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

PaybackJack posted:

Co-host: "So you're suggestion..."

That quote is probably completely right about vince, is the sad thing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

MassRafTer posted:

It'd be more shocked if Cornette criticized him.

I guess it just surprises me that Cornette can admit that the wrestling of his day is dead and the business changed but a good old 'show your cock to a stranger' rib will apparently never go out of style even in a publicly traded company with a major network tv deal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1030469067058991105

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I thought Joe and Rich's reasoning the reaction of the WWE lockerroom to Dave was pretty interesting in that they don't really have or need a connection with him like they used to back in the day.

On the otherhand they thought the "Who hurt Black" segment was dumb and bad so as usually the Flagship is a land of contrasts

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When I heard about the Randy dick out thing I immediately thought of just honking his dick like a clown nose in front of the locker room as the carnie counter to his move. I'm glad Cornett agrees.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

If your only concern is reputation and keeping followers and not actual contrition, then sure.

I’m re-listening to the opening minutes of his apology tour and my assessment of him not being genuine is a little harsh, so I apologize for that. I think the long and short of it is that he just struggles so mightily to speak with grace that everything sounds so awkward.

If it helps I like Dave a lot but literally cannot listen to his podcasts because his manner of speaking about anything makes my brain go crazy. Pretty much the only time I can stand listening to his voice is when he’s with Cornette for whatever reason

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

Co-host: "So your suggestion..."

Jim Cornette has that weird old man mentality where he’s not gay but misses when men were extremely sexually aggressive towards each other as a “joke”. I don’t know how else to describe it but it’s a thing

And to be fair the idea of randy ortons dick making a honking noise would be a great addition to his character

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know how long it's been since anyone's mentioned RBR but they had a really great discussion on how WWE is "Eating their babies" and signing up everyone that has a name so the people who end up being the top of the indies should be midcarders in the indies at best, and there's never going to be another CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or even Roddy Strong because everyone's getting signed up too soon and floundering in NXT. Nobody can become emotionally invested and there's no long term rivalries to be had anymore because now everyone's end-term is being signed up by the WWE. Guys like Apollo Crews, Dijak, TMDK are becoming lost in the shuffle because there's too many people and not enough time for them anymore in NXT, and they didn't have the time to have a full career in the indies like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, etc.

WWE is killing the indies and the talent they're scooping up are becoming part of a very bloated roster where none of them are special

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know how long it's been since anyone's mentioned RBR but they had a really great discussion on how WWE is "Eating their babies" and signing up everyone that has a name so the people who end up being the top of the indies should be midcarders in the indies at best, and there's never going to be another CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, or even Roddy Strong because everyone's getting signed up too soon and floundering in NXT. Nobody can become emotionally invested and there's no long term rivalries to be had anymore because now everyone's end-term is being signed up by the WWE. Guys like Apollo Crews, Dijak, TMDK are becoming lost in the shuffle because there's too many people and not enough time for them anymore in NXT, and they didn't have the time to have a full career in the indies like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, etc.

WWE is killing the indies and the talent they're scooping up are becoming part of a very bloated roster where none of them are special

I mean that's what they did to the UK scene too. They signed up all the draws and then decided to not do too much with them. They're def making a ploy to kill non wwe wrestling right now.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I mean, this has been WWE's MO since before they were called WWE. Hell before they were called WWF iirc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Basically. The best hope is that the guys who ARE actual draws outside the McMahon machine are smart enough to realise that and that they value their independence and creativity more than the 7 figure cheques Unca' Paul will write them to work 200 dates a year on house shows and Main Event tapings.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Or Vince gets super cocky and decides everyone has to go through NXT first and get paid an NXT wage

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Or Vince gets super cocky and decides everyone has to go through NXT first and get paid an NXT wage

Gotta pay your dues, brother.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

With the like billion or whatever they just brought in from the TV deals they have the gently caress you money to do all the stupid poo poo Vince has always wanted to do and not get called on it because stocks are going up and up and up

It only gets more petty from here

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Bryan: "I probably could get along with the Miz! I like-I love everybody."
Filthy Tom: "Mike? ...Mike?"
B: "I get along fine with Mike."
F: "..."
B: "...Maybe he doesn't get along with me! I get along fine with him! I like-I love everybody, Tom. I'm a man full of love in my heart."
F: "...He's a stain on the piss-soaked drawers of this [inaudible]"
B: "OHH, Tom! Let's get along with this report."

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Observer said that WWE has Thanos level powers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don't think WWE could penetrate the Japanese and Mexican scenes well enough to break them, mostly because both treat WWE like a retirement payday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Smoking Crow posted:

Impossible. Thanos was likable!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also the fact the top stars of Mexico and Japan have seen what happens to talent like Nakamura, Asuka, Almas and Gran Metalik.

However a lot of US/Canada/UK talent have grown up on nothing but WWE since WCW died so it's their dream to work there. Even if they could make more or be bigger stars elsewhere. It has to be the WWE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smoking Crow posted:

It also literally said,"That's billions with a B" :xd:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also the fact the top stars of Mexico and Japan have seen what happens to talent like Nakamura, Asuka, Almas and Gran Metalik.

However a lot of US/Canada/UK talent have grown up on nothing but WWE since WCW died so it's their dream to work there. Even if they could make more or be bigger stars elsewhere. It has to be the WWE

Oh man I forgot all about Metalik. He was one of my favourites too! Is he still somewhere in the WWE system?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Oh man I forgot all about Metalik. He was one of my favourites too! Is he still somewhere in the WWE system?

On 205 live and Main Event , and it's probably a tie between him and Karl Anderson in terms of being completely wasted right now in WWE compared to their talent

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They tried already.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
the don tony and kevin castle cosplayers in the front row at takeover are killing it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

I don't think WWE could penetrate the Japanese and Mexican scenes well enough to break them, mostly because both treat WWE like a retirement payday.

WWE being the MLS of wrestling seems appropriate.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lance is back on F4D starting this week.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Did his podcast not work out or is there just no longer that exclusivity clause?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Good Listener posted:

Did his podcast not work out or is there just no longer that exclusivity clause?

on a previous F4W he said upload speeds where he lives are bad and it's hard to make skype/whatever calls not sound like poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wouldn’t be surprised if Callis has too much on his plate now

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he mentioned it just took up too much time to produce his own pod with Don.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Callis has too much on his plate now

He wasn't even at the G1 finals, I wouldn't be surprised if he's done with NJPW.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Are they adding another show or are they getting rid of anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah are they keeping Filthy Four Daily? That initially replaced the old F4W show with Todd Martin, right?