Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

1glitch0 posted:

lol. Brian on WOL explaining that OF COURSE Joe would sign with WWE because the company isn't going out of business and it's a job for life.

....after they just fired him for no reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

the no compete clause is three months because that's the sweet spot of where it's not worth it to fight for nearly everyone. they would do a 12-month if they thought it wouldn't change anything very much

I mean for like 2/3rds of the roster they're basically already sitting at home on 2 to 5 year non-competes.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

Lance Storm is suggesting that firing people would be better if you turned it into a 2-week storyline

At the mass and frequency they're firing people these days all of Raw, Smackdown, and NXT would just be 2-week storylines writing people off the show.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

EDIT: Accidentally hit Reply for some reason

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Every combination of hosts besides Bryan and Vinny is nigh unlistenable at this point.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Oh and Bryan already getting burned and embittered by a cryptocurrency is fantastic. Launched at $2, high of $12.5 (I think) and it's back to $2.5.

So basically he experienced the totality of the cryptocurrency experience then? Well not ALL of it I suppose, unless MJF suddenly disappears off the face of the Earth having successfully completed his pump and dump scheme.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Sometimes I think WWE wrestlers think Vince is gonna push them or cut them a check if they poo poo on the fans or the "Dirtsheets" hard enough online, but like most things they do for Vince it only ends up making them look like complete clowns and they get nothing in return for it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

We're two weeks away from B&V doing the infamous post-9/11 SmackDown, and I for one can't wait.

Is that the one where Stephanie came out and compared 9/11 to her dad's steroid trial?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Really enjoy Deadlock, especially when they're talking about weird/bad stuff like the All Wheels Wrestling pilot.

The only criticism I'd have is sometimes they say stuff that's just wrong, like one time they were talking about a Young Bucks vs Jurassic Express match and were like "These guys have wrestled each other 600 times at this point" when it was actually the first time they'd ever wrestled each other (aside from a tag team battle royal a year before I think).

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

To be fair on the "podcasts have a hard time limit" one, doesn't WOL air on actual radio? So like, they do in fact have a hard time limit?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Doesn't AJ have some kinda injury that means she can't wrestle anymore?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So basically they went Omega to do every single dream match he could possibly do in rapid succession and then.....do what for the rest of his career?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Any chance Punk is the new commentator for AEW Smackdown or whatever it is called?

AEW Shotgun Saturday Night

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Has Russo gone down the Q-Anon hole yet or is this gonna be what he drags him in

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

For those who don't know baseball Huff is toxic chud monster who really, really hates women and the children they have with other men.

Although he's not strictly Q.

https://twitter.com/aubrey_huff/status/1325094678060888065

So what you're saying is Russo will get along perfectly with this group, then

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Sometimes I balk at 2021 Raw's where every single match is less than 5 minutes long but then I get reminded of this era of TNA where they'd somehow have even less wrestling in the whole show than even one of those Raw matches.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan's rant about AEW getting Malakai Black more over in four minutes than he ever was in years with WWE is absolutely amazing.

Presumably somebody is in the replies being like "Yeah well I can go buy an Aleister Black toy at Walmart so is he REALLY more over???"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

I don't know anything about this guy but he has some fancy green screen sets

Edit: dang, he's very mad

Oh yeah this dude, this is the guy that accuses basically every woman that isn't Sasha Banks of sleeping their way to the top in WWE isn't he?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

At least Tommy Dreamer might still be thinking that.

Didn't Dreamer openly admit a while back that he had plans to go to Wrestlemania while Heyman was on commentary and shoot him to death live on PPV?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

So listening to the Raw report on WOL.... do... do the commentators legitimately call Drew's sword a sward?

A Sword-like Structure

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Wazzu posted:

I thought Sharmell was trained, it's just that none of it sticked.

She also just didn't wrestle much. On Cagematch she has 24 matches listed and most of them happened in 2000

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

CVagts posted:

I started listening to the Butts in the Seats podcast because the premise sounded interesting (two people relatively blind to WCW, one of whom is completely unfamiliar with it, watch WCW from Havoc 1998 on), but so far, it doesn't really live up to the premise. They start out reviewing the builds to PPVs and not individual Nitros, so they skip a lot of the lower-card stuff (I think they switch to a week-by-week).

That's a weird place to start a WCW watch to me. Why not start at Bash at the Beach 96 so you can start when the NWO does? Or just 1996 in general so you can get a taste of the some the ridiculous-rear end dogshit WCW was doing right before the NWO happened?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You joke but they literally hadn’t heard of half the people on the nxt show

new NXT guidelines working well then

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Tato posted:

I was laughing at some of the results as my only reaction was “WHO?!?” only to learn they had been employed by WWE for years and never appeared on TV

It's both funny and kind of sad when you see an NXT person for the first time and realize they've been in the PC going to wrestling school for longer than the Attitude Era existed and are still only barely good enough to get on developmental tv

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

How is this possible? I understand it can take time for someone to get good in the ring but the PC has some amazing coaches and facilities. How are they unable to get someone in presentable shape in that period of time?

Was it Ridge Holland or like, Artuo Ruas or someone who was in the PC for like 7 years? And Aliyah has been there for like 6+?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Fox WANTED the brand split so they could have exclusive wrestlers.

...and then WWE almost IMMEDIATELY spit in their face with this by having Brock Lesnar show up and basically cut a promo about how Smackdown is a dogshit show for losers and demanded to go back to RAW

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It feels like Dave is super gun-shy about saying anything bad about Charlotte cause every time he offers even the slightest critique of her, she and Andrade (and probably some vocal fans of both) are screaming at him on social media and this is his way of being "diplomatic" about it.

Then again he also has a tendency to defend WWE stuff with the "well it was dogshit but that's what they wanted to happen" which is wild to me because why on earth would you intentionally put on a bad show but I guess with WWE it wouldn't surprise me.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I cannot imagine how poorly written a Dave book would be

It gets halfway through the opening line before trailing off and the rest of the book is a series of half-forgotten memories about something that happened at an All Japan show in 1978

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

oldskool posted:

oh
hell
yeahhhhh
idk how i managed to wait on deadlock so long but this thread convinced me to finally give it a shot and holy poo poo i love it, thanks y'all

I'd recommend going on their Youtube and watching some of their retro reviews of old TNA shows, the All Wheels Wrestling one is one of my favs.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

How did he find a Chicagoan willing to make that for him?

Cause every major wrestling show that goes to "Chicago" is actually like 100 miles away in the suburbs so it's not actually Chicago but everyone there just says they're from Chicago anyway.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Imaging looking at Kenny Omega and thinking "man what a bland gimmickless loser"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"Bro what if his gimmick is that he really, really hates women? Also he's the babyface"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

WWE don't care about PPVs cause they literally get paid more to make a Saudi show then everything else they do combined that year or something like that.

Between the Saudi Shows and Wrestlemania they're basically just a content farm.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's amazing how hard people try to paint Meltzer as an AEW shill when he goes out of his way to defend WWE.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Have we gotten defenders of this poo poo saying "It's called the Royal Rumble, but every match isn't a Royal Rumble!" yet?

The first like 5 or so Survivor Series shows they tried having every single match being a Survivor Series match and it was an utter nightmare

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's crazy how the most basic thing about psychology is treated as this closely guarded secret.

I mean we already know Fabulous Moolah would literally train her students badly to make sure none of them could ever get more over than her so that seems pretty much accurate to the mindest of the time.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I wonder how much AAA was making from Twitch before their whole deal just imploded in on itself

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I think Dave's a part of that like, pure business mindset of "They need to get every single dream match done as fast as humanly possibly" because that's basically what WWE does but AEW's shown it can succeed without hot-shotting every single big match the instant they can possibly do it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also I dunno why Dave is so insistent that AEW should be rushing to get as big as WWE as fast as possible when they're doing fine at their own pace. Maybe let them take time to build their show naturally instead of hot-shotting every former WWE guy into title shots like every other dogshit No 2 company in history has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also it's weird that people have spent AEW's entire existence hoping and praying they don't repeat the TNA mistake of just hiring every single person who leaves WWE and immediately rushing them all into title pictures at the expense of their homegrown talent, but now want AEW to do that exact thing.