Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's extremely cool that TNA destroys everything it touches but somehow doesn't die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyone who thinks Bret screwed Bret is either a cop or a HBK mark and idk which is worse

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tom Zenk loving sucked though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm watching 1990/91 WCW and I hate him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Konnan was a beloved WOR guest so I think the standards here are somewhat low

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am steadfast in my Anti-Zeeman opinions here.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
honestly I thought "Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine was loving great" would be a more controversial opinion for me to hold than "Tom 'The Z Man' Zenk sucked rear end"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Platypus Farm posted:

Tom Zenk was very good on family feud RIP ray combs

edit: also greg was Really Good in the 70s and didn't get awful until like 86 when he got WWF lazy

Greg/Tito is an All Time WWF feud based on match quality

also the 1990 match at the Royal Rumble with Ronnie Garvin kicks rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's really strange how Undertaker got the rep as an all-time worker considering how much loving garbage there is in his career

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Chris James 2 posted:

Garbage tends to increase when you wait to retire at least 4 years after everyone realizes you're done

Hell, it can't be ruled out that he'll come back just because he thinks he's capable of having a better last match than that Reigns Mania one, so make it at least 5 years

I'm not talking about the end of his career, I'm talking about like, huge chunks of what should have been his "prime" being total garbage in-ring.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Taker's worst, ringwork-wise, in the 10s was far better than about 90% of what he did in the 90s and 00s.

The SummerSlam and HIAC matches against Lesnar are easily in his career top-10.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Taker was actually one of HHH's better opponents, HHH was always great at milking near-falls which you really need in a Taker match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
put Dave Brown in the hall

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The only Meltzer news I care about right now is when the Best of 2017 is out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think my favorite one was Dave deciding that Bryan Alvarez's purpose in life should be to make sure that Eric Bischoff doesn't speak at Dave's funeral.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't remember the date but it was the WOR where they were talking about Hulk giving an effective eulogy for Randy Savage at the WWE HOF or something.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Randaconda posted:

I have high standards. :colbert:

Rey is literally one of the best workers in history.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

algebra testes posted:

Also sometimes it feels like a "Hall of Very Good" not a Hall of Fame

Yeah at this point Sting is in so you may as well put every good working WWE midcarder from this era in. Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Sheamus.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tully and Arn is a blatant case of voters just going "oh Tully is cool, Arn is cool, guess I'll vote for them".

Edge stinks and Dave's hilarious attempts to influence the voting body to get him in are great.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That really has to be Jinder, come on.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Jinder's is 100% worst wrestler of the year but I'm not sure on overrated cause everyone but Vince/WWE saw him as terrible.

The entire point of the award is someone who gets pushed by a promotion despite a lack of talent. It's arguably misnamed but the spirit of the award is clearly "Most Overpushed"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He may arguably have Worst Match and Worst Feud as well.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The most damning thing you can say about Bray is that almost nobody seems to exit a Bray feud hotter than when they entered.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bray and Roman are apparently great friends so I love the idea of them thinking up that spot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope the Usos get some votes for best tag team this year, they deserve it more than any other WWE tag team. You could make a case for them as the best in-ring guys in WWE this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

everything about the bray wyatt gimmick except maybe the accent and the gear should be scrapped

I like his music.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hmm. IMO the only thing to do is immediately eject Sting from the HOF.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The thing that makes me a Randy skeptic is that his ratio of "Great Matches" to "Big Matches" loving stinks. I can't think of anyone in modern WWE apart from Cena who's likely had more chances than Randy Orton to have a great match- but unlike Cena, the resume of all-time four-plus-star Randy Orton matches just isn't there.

Like, seriously, Roman Reigns, in the last three years, has put together a resume of really good matches that beats Orton's. When was the last Randy Orton feud as fun, and producing as many fun matches as Roman/Braun?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That sounds sexy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is NOT as easy as it sounds, to get these off here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I was mainly interested in that one because I've been to both of those restaurants he mentioned

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

I liked when he spent $60 on take out sandwiches for two people.

I liked the implication that there was a good Italian restaurant in the PNW

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The bad mass effect is actually the first one. The fourth one is probably bad too but I did not play it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

Haven't seen any NXT in a long time but I found Mauro more offensive than Percy.

Percy was just an interchangeable WWE commentator, Mauro was loving intolerable and actively made the match worse.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony Schiavone would be like fifty times better than Mauro.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gaz-L posted:

Replace 'slobberknocker' with 'mama mia' and random Southern aphorisms with references that aren't a century old and that's Mauro.

"If you don't like Mauro your standards are impossibly high" is a bad hill to die on friendo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

coconono posted:

Japanese commentary was better because it was incoherent yelling peppered with english swears

bold move to use twitch streamsers on japanese wrestling commetary

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dave is going to do a surprise interview with big mike elgin and wonder why everyone gets mad at him

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Low Desert Punk posted:

the new episode of the Jim cornette experience is great if you wanna hear 30 minutes of Jim screaming about how barbaric Koreans are

oh hells yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lol i thought it was that they were finally posting timestamps on all their podcasts