Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

has anyone mentioned the Store Horsemen? a group of comedians talk about WWE PPVs, random news, and various episodes of raw and smackdown. can be kinda hit or miss, but in general is great for a few laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Wrestling fans are super negative so they focus on the content people want like Braun Strowman being buried in a glacier.

It’s the same reason he doesn’t ever say anything negative about AEW: people who are interested in it are the same people who subscribe.

A pod I'm super close to dropping, Store Horsemen, has extended fights about Becky Lynch because one dude (who is a giant misogynist, gently caress you Tony Hinchcliffe) goes on constant derails talking about how poo poo she is. I don't get why people can't give it a couple minutes (if that) and then move on to something else.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Is Pacific Rim a WOR thing only? Latest ep I’m seeing on iTunes is from Nov. 4, 2018

Thanks guys, feels goofy asking but I dunno anything about the various podcasts going around. Trying to expand past Store Horsemen, E&C, Jericho and Wrestlesplania.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jericho comes off as a super bitter boots old man on the Wrestlemania Preview episode. Keeps calling the women "divas", is mad that they're getting the same matches as men ("does there HAVE to be two of everything?" yes, dammit), and makes a huge deal about being "banned from WWE"

It's unfortunate.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

I was listening to a 2001 episode of WOL and it's completely bizarre to hear how much livelier and animated Dave is. He sounds like a completely different person

This business is killing him

it's killing all of us

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

tried listening to The Lapsed Fan and gently caress was it awful. the shrill guy gets wildly self-important and really loud out of nowhere, the sound balancing is off, and honestly who has 4hrs to devote to a single episode, let alone that being the length of every single ep?!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

At this point, the only podcasts I enjoy are Wrestlesplania and the one my friends make, MarkSetGo (and that's mostly so I can argue with them after the fact)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Oh drat, you know those guys too? I go to most of their Tanker parties.

It's always a rad time! I'm glad that more people have been coming (and that there's malört at a lot of 'em lately, ha)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Kind of shocked that KSA want him considering he's Jewish.

Paul Heyman got a bigger pop than Roman Reigns during the first show.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rovert posted:

Excited for them to start with Raw and Meltzer immediately jumping in and talking about BOSJ or the weather instead.

I do the same thing on the WWE podcast I occasionally guest on; didn’t realize I was stealing a gimmick.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Keep the horny off the podcast I don't wanna hear it

better avoid Wrestlesplania, then.

it's oddly charming and relatable rather than PUPPIES so there is that.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

The latest Wrestlesplania episode is about Chyna and I think it might be one of their best. Very emotional. This is exactly where this show is at its best: Bringing a perspective to pro wrestling you really unfortunately rarely get to hear.

it feels corny to say, but the fact that their podcast is strictly from a woman's perspective gives it a lot of extra weight. huge part of why it's one of my favorite pods out there.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Mayonnaise is a scourge that ruined Japanese food and is now ruining Mexican food.

Somebody stop the mayo or it's gonna' manifest destiny its way into all other food.

mayo is a colonizer pass it on

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

imo it's not wrestlesplania unless it's both Kath and Rachel so I dunno how I feel about this new setup, but obviously I'll still give it a listen!

that said, hopefully it'll just be one or two guest hosts at a time because a screeching roundtable is a hard pass from me.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

can we please stop talking about Bix thanks

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

MJeff posted:

I mean.

They went from "WE'RE GONNA loving KILL EACH OTHER IT'S NOT GONNA BE A WRESTLING MATCH" to having a wrestling match to thanking each other.

If his point was that the build didn't match the result, he's got a point.

nothing wrong with a respect spot at the end of that match imo

jesus WEP posted:

Her stomp to the corner/eye poke is one of the best things I’ve ever seen

ultimate heel move right there

El Phantasmo had one of the more subtle eye gouges in recent memory in the match against Osperay the other night, it's a drat art form

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Kanyon‘a story is so tragic on so many levels, and I bet he woulda been incredible on commentary in any promotion that would have him. fella sounds like an absolute hoot.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TTBF posted:

Yeah, Dave is much shorter in person than I expected. He also has the weakest handshake I've ever felt.

recently met a luchador who had the weakest handshake in the world and I couldn't tell if it was because he was hurt, just has a weak handshake, or was sexist.

I... uh... weirdly hope he's just sexist because a weak handshake is horrifying to my Texan rear end and I don't like when wrestlers are hurt.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Have you all never watched the shoot interview with Sex Ferguson? All old school wrestlers have ginger handshakes.

definitely haven't, do you happen to have a link?

(and/or a brief explanation of why because this was dainty as hell, not even like a dead fish handshake but some elderly high society lady shake)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

a weak handshake is wrestling carny code for I'm not a mark, gently caress even wwe wrote about it

https://www.wwe.com/classics/art-of-the-handshake

my bad for not reading a WWE.com article from 6 years ago :rolleyes:

it's an interesting thing to learn about, for sure.

And goddamn, Dave and Bryan are getting more insufferable by the day aren't they? woof.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

he stinks.

the yelling is too much

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Stuff you Should Know just did a live podcast on Andre the Giant. It doesn't reveal anything new but...hey it's a podcast with wrestling content!

I eagerly await the day that Behind the Bastards covers Mae Young or VKM.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the podcast I’m on did our year-end show at a bar with the core folks and also a rotating cast of buddies popping in and out for a couple minutes at a time and I highly recommend that everyone try that at least once.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, Kath Barbadoro was the moderating influence of Wrestlesplainia and Rachel + Indie Workers was not a formula for success in my opinion.

that is a very polite way to say "it is now unlistenable". the first few episodes were rad because Rachel legit had no idea what the gently caress was going on, and over (a very short period of) time just got weirdly obsessed? also, harassing Chuck Taylor until he gave up and finally gave an interview was pretty gross!

Their initial episode about Best Friends (episode 6) where Rachel was hearing everything completely insane about Trent had some pretty great reactions.

I subscribed to f4w out of curiosity; what are some things I should absolutely get started with to get the vibe of the network? specific episodes if ya have 'em, please?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

appreciate it, y'all!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW's locker room probably won't have hidden cameras.

…wait what

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I subscribed and have been listening to Dave and Bryan at work lately, but having to pause multiple times episode to go “wait, the hell did Dave just say?” is novel

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you just gotta roll with the Dave madness

The guy I share an office with has noticed me occasionally looking super baffled for a few seconds and asked what I’ve been listening to.

“Uh, a wrestling podcast.”
“Oh, which one?”
“…remember when I showed you a photo of a dude in a nightmarishly disorganized office and who sits in like, the weirdest way?”
“…oh christ, that guy probably sounds unhinged.”

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

my biggest question is how does he not slide around on all that paper and completely eat poo poo tbh

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo Dave. In reference to Goldberg saying he's going to kill Lashley: "Well he's going to Saudi Arabia so that's kind of a place where you might do it."

Bryan: “…is that so?”

Dave: “If you’re gonna murder someone, may as well go somewhere that the hierarchy kills people all the time”

…incredible

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

oh jesus today I learned to never listen to WOL with headphones on. Bryan losing his poo poo at the possibility of replacing Togo as a booker was a fuckin’ experience.

delightful episode 😂

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

“You’re giving me a headache”
“I’m giving MYSELF a headache!!”
“You couldn’t have waited til later?”

Granny telling off Brian in incredibly Granny ways is the best

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ordered a cameo from Alvarez to roast a guy I know for being a creepy simp mark to women who wrestle (he used the word “simp” to describe himself and I wanted to crawl into a hole) and I am extremely curious to see what tangents he goes on related to this particular topic.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bryan using the terms “shoot” and “gimmick” when referring to regular life things is weirdly delightful.

Saying his daughter has a “gimmick where I’ll ask her things and all she does is respond with the word “cheese”” cracked me up more than it should have.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

isnt this illegal? mods???

that would be the most dogshit booking in history

book Danhausen against Serpentico first, would be excellent comedy

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gimme what was promised Coward Sapp :mad:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

The Way of the Blade podcast owns but fucksake can someone please tell Phil Schneider to get a proper microphone aaaaaagh

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

holy gently caress CNN is bad. why is this cowboy hat wearing loser gettin’ any airtime

GIMME DA SAN JOSE STEAMROLLER

so bored at work rn save me meltz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

0konner posted:

Dave is listening to a pundit panel discuss the New Mexico primary elections on his headset and I bet he’s absolutely cranking out heavy bicep curls, 60 lb db’s at minimum.

gonna look pumped as hell