Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

esperantinc posted:

Started listening to Wrestlesplainia thanks to the recommendations in the thread, so cheers for that, it's great.

In the same vein, I also listen to Wrestle Me, which is sort of the same gimmick, but is about the individual Wrestlemanias. Couple of Brits, one dude has seen them all, the other none.

https://radiostakhanov.com/wrestleme/

Wrestle Me is pretty great, except that they stopped one of the episodes for several minutes (i think on mania 2) to talk about how good Moolah is and how much they like her and how she advanced the business and was so brave. That was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

dsriggs posted:

A podcast where British people watch classic PPVs? Why didn't 13 people think of that sooner??

Hey, it's a proven system. OSW started something and it blossomed into a lot of podcasts I like. AE Podcast, New Gen (plus How2Wrestling and Cinema Swirl), Wrestle Me, all sorts of cool pods from the British Isles. Most of them better than OSW, in my view at least.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 8, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

James Ellsworth is getting a weekly podcast if your current feed has too many chins in it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Kaval Webinar

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Kaval Webinar contains 30% more pointless stiff strikes than your last WebEx conference or your money back

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Matt Morgan stars alongside Nathan Jones in obscure Thai comedy film Muay Thai Giant. It's pretty good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I decided to check out Lapsed Fan based on your conversation and I thought we were exaggerating for comedic effect but no they have an episode on the original JCP Clash of the Champions that is six hours, twelve minutes, and change. I thought like AE Podcast and stuff were detailed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Are there females in Dave's life

Didn't he just emerge fully mulleted from a pile of damp Apter mags in the 80s

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

He would only use the editing tools to edit in more rants about bread, possibly over the main show audio.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Extreme Championship Wrestling? More like Edgelord CantHackItInARealFed Wrestling imo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Personally I'm glad USADA worked Shave and his merry gang of marks into a shoot. You'd think they knew the "rules" are different for main eventers.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Antitonic posted:

Ludicrously early by comparison, it’s the Sidewalk Slam for Hell In A Cell!

This was pretty good! I hadn't watch these guys before, they're fun.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've never heard of any bands personally. I've never seen an ad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I'm confused because bluegrass is unironically good. Who is ironically liking it?

Those Sorts Of People, op. You know what i mean.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I don't usually listen to WON but from the Best of 2017 episode last year it appears to mostly be a show about Bryan Alvarez getting mad at bread?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I guess it's subscriber exclusive if you have to login? Last year there was a direct MP3 link that worked for anybody.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hey lance, instead of buying all those books, you could check them out from your local library, read them, and return them. You wouldn't have to store them long term then.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think bryan Alvarez might just be really stupid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Has Dave mentioned what happened to his son?

Did dave crash his bike into his son?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think its extremely cool to trick your "friends", to lie to them, and to extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from them. I like it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I cant believe Shave Seltzer pulled out a big needle that said CANCER on the side of it and injected it straight into Roman's shameful back, out of jealousy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Turns out vince was right and everyone thinks sneezers are subhuman.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

i bet shave seltzer walked into the hospital and said he rated his pain minus five stars and then refused to give them his information because plans might change.

What a useless seltzer he is

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rovert and The Fray Movement will battle on meltzer's front lawn for control of his treasures

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also if it was pee wee"s playhouse wouldn't more things have big googly eyes on them? We will have to wait and see but yeah childrens live action show featuring nice man in red sweater is not insane to connect to Mr Rogers even for the useless weeaboo Shave Seltzer

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

the escape goat posted:

tried listening to The Lapsed Fan and gently caress was it awful. the shrill guy gets wildly self-important and really loud out of nowhere, the sound balancing is off, and honestly who has 4hrs to devote to a single episode, let alone that being the length of every single ep?!

I was not a fan either. It seems so much angrier and less fun than all my British classic wrestling podcasts. Plus yeah the weird self importance/smugness got to me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

People talk about Sting and Nash but they had to literally lift a finger ever for their WCW money, and thus pale in comparison to the Genius Grifter, Lanny Poffo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe Dave's brother is sleeping on the floor and has been covered in papers.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We should defend Renee Young with all of our power, imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely cannot fathom how the gently caress they let Shane beat him.

yes why did shane let shane beat roman.

its 200% a big mystery

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Peak ECW was durag Vince and Lashley somersaulting through cages :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think Hardcore Holly is, perhaps the term is a push? As in when people see he is on a show they leave. An anti-draw if you will.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is 83 Weeks any good? I haven't listened to too many of the Conrad-based podcasts but i started reading Death of WCW and it's got me sort of interested in that whole period. Are there good backstage stories or is it just Eric blaming everybody else? Any standout eps to start with?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I see. Thank you for the heads up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

hopefully an invasion angle. Who is invading whom, I'm not sure.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

fans love to gather around the barbed wire christmas tree

The barbed wire Christmas tree was cool in theory

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Their review of Journey Into Darkness is one of my favorite episodes. Everything to do with Kane is ludicrous.

the chemicals...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

going to make the safest bet in history and say “Ryan from Cumberland”

Was he the brock vs braun mma guy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/maininanyarena

This is a fun wrestling Twitter account dedicated to dumb match/segment graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If someone, like a hypothetically steroid-addled weirdo named Shave Seltzer, married their sister their brother and brother in law would be the same person