Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

napa know how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

me

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

f4w/won should just hire them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because blitzkrieg was bad rear end

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it was a known thing at the time, roh even threatened legal action to get them to stop

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the brainbusters have marginal cases individually, and as a tag team they have none

tenkoji being on the ballot together is also bizarre

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It doesn't.

sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't

It's not a problem for lucha because they don't have anybody in that category but some years voting for a non-wrestler, let's say Gary Hart, would count as a vote in the Modern US category, bringing down everyone else in that category's average even if it doesn't count towards your 10 votes. Some years it doesn't.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

could listen to a case for Bray but Jinder as the centerpiece of a failed corporate push into India is tough to beat

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everything about the bray wyatt gimmick except maybe the accent and the gear should be scrapped

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/936781672468512769

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/936783328513896448

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 2, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's also a brisco and patterson vs the mean street posse match that did an enormous rating, higher than this is your life

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

where do you even get a geert wilders shirt in america

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Didn't colt already do an anthology style podcast where each week someone new told a road story

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

yes, it was called “the art of wrestling”

no the other one

I think it was subscription only

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

two hundred

lol

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

now what's he going to hold over peoples heads who tell him he sucks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if you actually want summaries of whatever the big controversies are on wrestling twitter Last Word on Wrestling is the only place that does decent breakdowns

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

The one where the big reveal is that the plot of a game that came out five years prior happened?

dramatic irony is for the characters not the audience

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

percy watson stepped up in that he normally doesn't say anything but tonight was forced by circumstance to say some things

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lenny leonard is the best play by play guy going today

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they aren't 60 years old

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

drat, he is mexican isnt he

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the end of the podcast is an obvious work

its really stupid and wont drum up any heat or interest, but its a work

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a lot of wrestlers chew tobacco

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Voices of Wrestling's New Japan Purocast has closed up shop.

show felt kind of pointless to me given the flagship's fairly comprehensive new japan coverage

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mark's fake outrage bit is tiresome

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How many major shows has he main evented?

summerslam and wrestlemania are the only two major shows

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Money in the Bank and Royal Rumble, dawg
2 of the last 3 MITBs were 1) a single brand ppv, and 2) a house show they rescheduled on very little notice into a network special in the middle of a 4 month run where they were doing network specials every two weeks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all in doesnt need bryan to sell out, he cant work it anyway, dave meltzer isnt making money on its ticket sales, and saying wwe sucks and he should leave is objective reporting

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bix covered the content fairly well and i did post about it on twitter as it was happening its your own fault for not following me so i will instead share an anecdote

at the end he promised to open the lines up to people who want to ask a question but because there were three people on the call he instead turned our mics on one at a time to ask us if we had a question

the first person was the plant mentioned in the article, the second was me but i was answering the door because i ordered a pizza and he just kept throwing to me, over and over, for about a minute. So while im signing my receipt i can hear his crazy voice repeating "mr [oatgan] do you have a question? are you there? mr [oatgan]? do have you a question for me." Eventually i typed "i dont have a question" in the chat and he finally moved on to bix who didn't have headphones in so the audio from his laptop was being picked up by his mic and it caused a feedback loop of unlistenable distorted audio

that was the Q&A portion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

please say you recorded the webinar, oatgan.

that would be illegal

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

turned down the invitation in solidarity with vince russo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

it still astounds me how vince russo took his completely unlikable personality and zero knowledge of wrestling and turned it into multiple podcasts and a successful twitter

he aint special

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you have no imagination

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

work

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i did that but just starting with the new monday night war, its very much worth it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mil mascaras vs the aztec mummy is good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

generally enjoy him breaking down the specifics of why something worked or what theyre doing wrong in the ring when hes actually having fun doing either but he can get really stupid when talking storylines and angles. More "heres what they did" less "heres what they should have done"

bored/miserable podcasting can be fun in short bursts but if you arent having fun talking about why something sucked its tedious to listen to for long stretches, a negative review every week should still be fun to listen to. Just speaking generally here im no longer a subscriber idk how bryan sounds these days but even the worst poo poo during the attitude era wwf/nitro reviews was fun to listen to them talk about when i still was because it was clear they were looking forward to doing it

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 18, 2018

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roman reigns hotter than finn, who looks ill all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the wizard guy from the chessmaster box