Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I am quite excited for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

KoldPT posted:

Please listen to Wrestlesplania.

They are really good. I really liked the Golden Lovers episode.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I had infinite money, I'd pay to have him narrate literally everything because I need him narrating the plots of films.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

Most of the big multi-man matches now come out to a specific Suzuki-Gun theme, which isn't particularly good.

For solo matches, Suzuki still seems to be using KAZE NI NARE but every time he comes out NOT to that song is a goddamn waste.

What the actual gently caress

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a setting to add the authentication stuff when you add the podcast if I recall right.

Haven't needed to do it since I set it up in like Jan so I forget the exact details.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
When Dave interviews wrestlers who don't speak English, the translators should give literal translations to what is asked. Just give the interviewee pure unadulterated Dave.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Which leads to the best episode in the franchise.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I had that problem and reentered my info and it worked.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah it's weird to me that he has been consistently going for the worst possible interpretation of her segments. It kinda makes me want to skip whenever he talks about her in the shows now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm super excited for them to call the Stardom show on FITE. I was bummed that I couldn't afford the tickets due to imminent home buying but then I saw this and I can afford it with my FITE credits so I'm not too sad anymore.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Smoking Crow posted:

The biggest bullshit win is Ronda beating Utami Hayashishita for Rookie of the Year

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Listened to the Wrestlesplania episode about Maki Itoh and am now excited for Maki vs Aja Kong.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

STAC Goat posted:

There was a whole "Nikki Bella is actually good and its good she is being booked as the division killer" thing going around here for awhile and it was really weird and made me wonder if Total Divas was somehow the most effective tool WWE had in getting people over to its fans.

Then people got all excited about From Concord, California, comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, eternally beguiling, contentiously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this or any arena. Allow yourself to be seduced, enchanted, dazzled, and entranced by All Red Everything herself, Eva Marie and I realized it was.

ftfy

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Disagree. The most noteworthy thing about 2016 Smackdown was Talking Smack.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Talking Smack was a mechanism to use people to their potential by allowing them to develop their characters without being completely scripted. Some people sank (Bayley) and some swam (Usos, Miz, Alexa) in that format but I think it was a net positive.

It also gave us the best Baron Corbin line since coming up to the main roster.

(couldn't find the original gif)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Bryan is hilariously incompetent at everything (it's part of his charm), I don't see why lighting would be any different.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

PaybackJack posted:

This is definitely an episode to skip if you've been at all uncomfortable with the amount of skepticism that Dave has for some of the victim's stories.

Yeah I missed this post and made the mistake of listening. Immediately went to cancel my sub. Voting with my wallet. I know it's small change and it doesn't really matter, but hey every little bit helps

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Shard posted:

Listen to any good poads lately?

It's not a wrestling podcast, but Kingdom Smarts is a fun one. It's a megafan explaining kingdom hearts to someone who hasn't played a second of the games. It's fun because of how invested he gets in it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The best wrestling youtuber I've watched is TheGreatOne who taught me the proper way to say THEMAHARAJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6gZ2_0e9ig

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Disclaimer: I have literally never looked at anything else regarding The Great One so if he's some form of terrible person I did not know.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Davros1 posted:

God, I PRAY there was an editor for this thing

Oh no no no

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I bought it to watch with cool people over discord.

Twenty minutes after I bought it Maki Itoh was on my screen so I was happy regardless, despite that part being free.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Low Desert Punk posted:

is there a specific reason why Vince treats Big Show like absolute poo poo? Is it just because he got fat and lazy in the 00s? Because I remember hearing on shoots how Vince would practically salivate over Paul when he was in WCW, fantasizing about what he could book with a guy like that, and then he ended up being a complete joke for 20 years

He once told a story (paraphrased and half remembered) that he started using Vince's private bathroom, and then got put into a feud with Khali. He asked Vince at some point "is this feud going anywhere?" And vince's reply was "I dunno, are you gonna stop ruining my toilet?"

I choose to believe that he just never actually stopped using the toilet.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hey so please tell me this isn't as bad in context?

https://twitter.com/BlurayWrestling/status/1379535178314420228?s=19

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm aware that snippets of the podcasts are posted out of context to make Dave seem worse, which was why I checked.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just like saying that things got the Tokyo Dome tax.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think we can all agree that Dave gets a lot of undue poo poo from people both in the industry and in the fanbase for various reasons. I think that sometimes, people (including Dave himself) use that fact to deflect real criticisms away and lump them into that first pile. The big issue is where that line is, between the real criticisms and the bullshit.

My big issue tho is people in this thread have been using this argument to post some sexist poo poo about Charlotte Flair.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Price Check posted:

Loved Bryan prouncing FRANKLIN PIERCE as if he was the new member of Retribution.

Which president name would Bryan pronounce funniest?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
John QUINCY A-DAMS

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DangerDummy! posted:

That would be stretching the very boundaries of the word "personality".

By that logic Craig shouldn't be on the list either.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Dave doesn't understand that every part of the tri-state area hates every other part.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He'll say that Queens is so Mid they could only afford The Mets as their baseball team.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

I know you Americans are sick of hearing it, but listening to the newest Figure Four with Bryan and Lance and Jesus loving Christ you guys pay criminal amounts of money for healthcare :stare:

I'm reminded of a video I saw back during some British Election where they wanted to abolish the NHS or something where some dude went around asking people how much medical procedures cost in America, and people were multiple decimal places too low in some cases. And they still guessed what they thought was way too high.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Vinny is the smart one! He has a big brain!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Orton vs Rollins was a good single move match. That move was that sick Curb Stomp counter into an RKO

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I still remember that Vinny having a very large brain was robbed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I got Alvarez to congratulate the mod on getting a WR in an Ape Escape Spinoff and he cut a promo on MIGHTY BOMB JACK. Still a good deal at $35, but a steal when I snuck it in at $10!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Happiness posted:

despite knowing bryan i really wasn't ready for how true this is based on the examples from his profile

https://starboard-media.s3.amazonaws.com/video/video-620bb63a33d98c04ad0ccf3b-OzZuLkUuH-PhRaBnN8b-processed.mp4

Oh lmao I just noticed. This is the cameo I bought for JunpeiHyde!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I requested it at $10 this morning, and by the time he sent it out it was $35 lmao.

For context, she hates Sakisama almost as much as I am a french sympathizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I listened to the Regal podcast and I can see both Meltzer saying what he did about Regal and Regal's reaction to Meltzer saying that based on what Regal said.

This is the only coherent thought I have on this except for varying tiers of Holy poo poo