Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lone Goat posted:

how were the ratings during the first two impeachments?

After his predecessor, Andrew Johnson was figured to blow minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Matt Hardy's magic and the sentient drone is no worse than Kane's fire, Undertaker's urn, The Great Kabuki's mist or the Dungeon of Doom. That's why I find it odd when Cornette complains about it so much, this silly stuff was just as prevalent in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Wrestling being silly and illogical is kind of what makes it fun

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 28, 2020

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

:boom:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Lamuella posted:

A white claw is basically a la croix with alcohol in it.

it's also like 100 calories and 5 percent alcohol. So basically less calories than light beer and as strong as a regular beer.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I mean there was a period where, for totally not racist reasons you understand :rolleyes:, dunking was banned in high level basketball.

I can see schools not wanting to repair or replace basketball hoops all the time because they get bent or broken from dunking

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

* Dave holding up a boombox in the rain as AYAYAYAYAYAYAYA plays *

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Buff got his mom to write him a sick note and his finisher is letting the other guy suplex him. I've literally never understood why he was pushed ever.

Dude was a natural heel, thats why

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

And a guy who lost his last singles match against the champion typically doesn't get to jump to the front of the line.

but that happens all the time in boxing and mma

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

davidbix posted:

That guy is just a troll anyway. Dave has made some weird mistakes, but there's no point in litigating poo poo like "he thought the crossface chickenwing was stupid when the Observer was still an outright fanzine 36 years ago." (Incidentally, it's not the best submission hold for a lot of pro wrestlers to use because there's so little that the recipient can do to sell dramatically while in the hold. Better for a babyface to use on heels than the other way around.)

the way backlund would do it most of the time looked laughably bad because his hands werent even close to being locked together. I remember thinking it was a joke hold for a long time until I saw Bret Hart demonstrate it on some TV show and saw, hey, this move is actually legit. I later saw some matches where Backlund actually put the hold on, so I think it was just that most guys didnt want to actually take the hold because it hurts like hell if you do it right

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

boot lickers gonna lick boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

lol