Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

LAW hasn't done a weekly review of Impact in over 2 years. Also Wai pawned it off onto someone else for a while before that.

Yup. There is an NXT recap though, which I have never not regretted listening to. Jason Agnew is awful.

Keep It 2000, with Nate Milton and Bryan Mann, is sometimes fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Karmine posted:

e: does Nigel McGuinness still do that polyamory podcast?

It seems to be as much or more about co-parenting now but yeah, the latest episode is from five days ago. Its called My Unconventional Life.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling on the MLW network is pretty fun and has a refreshingly different format than "wheezing shut-ins talk for 3+ hours". It's basically like Comedy Bang Bang but about wrestling, and it probably has the fewest Bad Opinions out of all the wrestlepods I listen to.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

They're a little too WWE oriented for my tastes but Marty's an awesome dude.

I think that as Sarah has been exposed to more stuff and how both are involved with AAW in some way, they cover the indies quite a bit in the last few months or so. I think I like it because it straddles the line between a fan podcast and an industry one better than most.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What nooooooo?! Pollock is probably second to Dave in terms of business analysis. Plus he just had a kid. Hope he's got another gig lined up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I always laughed at TNA but that is really loving lovely. I hope he gets another position soon. Wasn't his name floated as one of the commentators for Wrestle Kingdom 9?

A classic Pollock moment:
https://youtu.be/90Nwy9DMS-0

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Effective immediately, Live Audio Wrestling (The LAW) is being placed on a short hiatus. The program will be relaunched with a new format in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
https://fightnetwork.com/law/law-update/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am Legit Mad On The Internet if loving TNA is the reason Pollock is gone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WE JUST NEED
An off- brand WCW Live

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

5/10 for no hour-long derail on the history of Microsoft as a corporation and its effect on the territory system

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even if he's completely innocent of all wrongdoing, making an angle of "TNA screwed me over for suspending me when I was accused of assaulting a woman" is spectacular in its shittiness and was the primary main event title on their "WrestleMania".

Though an argument can be made that TNA made no money on this while Komen probably made a buttload off Warrior.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's real bad and even worse when standing next to the extremely good Rick Martel.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Karmine posted:

It is well documented that I am pro-Valentine, but the highlight of his career was definitely Rhythm & Blues.

Valentine with that black hair is legitimately stomach-turning.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

....is that Damian Abraham with MiSu?

Yup. I think he's shooting his VICE show in Japan right now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eli Drake would be my vote for most overrated if anyone cared about TNA one way or the other, and for the fact that I think he's overrated by Dave specifically.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I haven't listened to the Best Of yet but did that insufferable Irish fan (no, the other one) who constantly badgered Dave at that Q&A make the list? That dude was the woooorst.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone been able to download the new WOR from the link they sent out? I keep downloading a file called new-rewrite that's unplayable.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I got it to work, my phone was being a pill. Thanks!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

Smackdown sucks and I have no idea why both Dave and Bryan continue to be on board with the awful main event storyline.

Bryan's hilarious Machiavellian fantasy booking of the main event and Dave being like "no, they don't think like that" is worth it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

chucked my F4W sub after the abysmal Elgin coverage. Completely irresponsible.

I just did too, gonna swap it out for the POST Wrestling Patreon.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ten bucks a month? Are they completely high?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I honestly can't remember the last Ross or Austin pod I listened to, it's been months.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pentagon getting really fat is about the only thing that would get me watching LU again, so good job Vamp

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

I've never understood why people hate listening to Meltzer. I think he's hilarious, and a lot more self-aware than people think. Too many wrestling podcasts/radio shows try too hard to be witty, Dave and Bryan seem so natural in comparison

Like a lot of podcasts it takes a while to get into his groove and how to deal with his constant derails. You can learn a ton, almost on accident, from your average news update if you can stick with it though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

Dave's mind is like an office

But his body is a wonderland

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sack really should be dug up to write the eulogy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not that it needs to be said but Dave's write up on Bruno is a remarkable piece of work for something he had basically no notice to write. All time great piece that everyone should read and is worth this month's ten bucks alone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryan/Shibata for All-In. Loser Leaves the last of their gross motor skills on the mat

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really liked the discussion about how Dana White is always thinking of the fans and scheduling events appropriately, followed immediately by a discussion of the UFC show at 6:30am this Sunday.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

On the latest 83 Weeks

That's what Bischoff's show is called? What a loser, lol.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Even though Cena has lost weight, he's lost nothing from his waist for some reason.
Dave: You know the reason :colbert:

This was one of those times I wished I co-hosted WO. I'd just start naming foods until Dave hung up the phone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Onmi posted:

Guess UFC felt WWE was outscumming them.

They'll overshoot and do Jones vs McGregor in Russia to commemorate the public hanging of the members of Pussy Riot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

lol at Meltzer going off at how insignificant Bound For Glory was relative to the Saudi deal, Bullet Club, death Don Leo Jonathan death and every other news story under the sun. Also said no one watched the PPV!

What part of that is wrong?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's the strangeness of the business!
*Piano chords*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Garrett is better in nearly every conceivable way.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

I find Bryan to be much more entertaining and it ain't the co-hosts knowledge and analysis I listen to WOR for, it's Dave's.

I agree. I don't think the co-hosts knowledge is extremely key or anything but Garrett gets more interesting stuff out of Dave (i.e the Rocky stuff) because he appears to be a functional human who is at least aware of the world outside wrestling and MMA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I wish Cock Torturers was a real podcast

This and Dads4Rill

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They don't call him Filthy Tom because of his impeccable manners and hygiene, I guess.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's weird that Dave felt the need to delineate between "model hot" and Toni Storm. She dresses exactly like Nikki Bella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

gently caress I want to be there when Taker does his full entrance at Bar Wrestling.