Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Hi hopefully i wont get into trouble for this but i'd like to hear your guys opinions about this podcast i i did.

I chatted with Finnish prowrestler Starbuck about the subject of "Heel" and what it really means. The original idea was to understand why so many MMA guys want to try to be a heel.

But we ended up chatting about prowrestling, and what makes a good heel nowadays. I think Buck has good points but he is pretty old school guy with old school opinions.

Give it a listen if you will.

https://soundcloud.com/amiuparinen/kuparisen-kulma-the-rebell-starbuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I tried to give 83 weeks a listen, but found Eric to be a very unpleasant.

His co-host was reading something of "Death of WCW" and Eric was just acting like a little bitch that i had to turn it off.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Can somebody tell me where did Conrad suddenly appear and start million podcasts?

Is his whole gimmick just to read Torch and Observer and ask Questions?

I've listened to few different and only stuck with 83 weeks, but it drives me crazy when Bischoff answers a question and instead of following up, he just jumps to the next topic

ERIC: *obvious bullshit**

Conrad: " lets talk about..."

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Anybody got a link to the article where Dave goes through Erics book page By page and points out the bullshit.

I listened half of the Pillman episode and agree with Conrad that Eric likes to poo poo on sheets for mistakes and when he gets called out on something he suddenly cant remember or it was Someone else making the decisions.

After saying that from what i heard so far, there seems to be a lot of errors with Pillmans book (cruiserweight thing, Jimmy Hart thing). Any comments on that?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

sleepwalkers posted:

IIRC, that's the case on Bruce Pritchard's podcast as well.

I think its more of a Conrad thing. I guess he was/is Meltz mark and grew up reading Observer and uses it because its familiar

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Listening to Jake, reminds me of what Foley said in his book, how Jake would be almost have too much fun when talking about old times

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Has anybody listened to Bischoffs newest episode about Cade 97?? Does Conrad quoting observer finally get Eric to tell the truth?

I have it downloaded but i know i'll just get angry Listening to it..

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I just.. I cant imagine what Undertaker podcast would even be like. He has two interesting stories he can hype, (hiac with Mick and losing to Lesnar) after that its just.. boring stuff.

Plus with Conrad there, i imagine that they will be reading old observers and poo poo on Meltz.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Concerning the camera cuts and Kevin Dunn, i have to post this in his defence.

It's a quote from 2018 book Creating The Mania. This Marty Miller the Live Director of Television

Marty Miller about camera cuts posted:

Yeah, thats me. Basically Kevin Dunn and the producers run the traffic and run the show from A to Z. I'm more of the meat-and-potatoes guy. i fill in all of the live content you see. Kevin is more involved with the brandon and talking to the announcers and making sure the right replay gets on the air. I'm more concerned with telling the stories through the cameras, but obviously we are working hand in hand.

From live perspective, you can always go back and go "Ooh, I wish I wouldve stayed on that shot a little longer" or "I shouldve cut off of that sooner" but for the most parit, you have to feel it in the moment. At the same time, you have to tell the story so sometimes you need to cut away from one angle to the second angle in order to get the other persons reaction, because you know that reaction is only going to be there for a split second. its not like a movie where you can shoot it five different ways and then you have opportunity to go back and edit it.

This is live, so you want to find that right balance between capturing the shot you have and telling the story.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Did anybody listen to the new Jericho with Rebel Starbuck? If you did and found him interesting, i've done two long interviews with him talking about his views on wrestling that I'm more than happy to share

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
So did anybody listen to that Austin/Hogan cast, and would like to give cliffnotes.. i dont want to hear Hogan, but i would like to shake my head at the bs he says.

To switch it up, huge recommendation for Lapsed Fans Vince's and Zohorians trial podcasts.. i found the episodes so far very interesting and full of crazy poo poo. For those that cant stand JP/imitations/laughing at their own jokes, I feel like these own have been more about the absurd situation and facts speak for themself.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

coconono posted:

I hope Kathy is alive and sues the poo poo out of Hogan

Wasnt this also mentioned on Hogans WWE book. I somehow remember Hulkamatt talking about this

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Elix Skipper's alternate ring names are...quite something.

Dark Guerrera
Extreme Blade

and of course, Skip Over (which I'm surprised they didn't go for "Skip Oveur" given his impending attachment to WCW's Team Canada)

Holy s.. thats a name i havent heard in years. Is he still wrestling and has he done anything worthwile in wrestling except that one rana in TNA?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Has Dave commented on the ufc court cases and the Ppv numbers that came up at all? Apparently they showed that his reported numbers were too high?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I got the 1997 observer book and i found it extremely interesting, i have never actually read an actual observer, just heard them excerpted in Lapsed Fan/around the net.

Weird since i've listened Dave almost all of my adult life,

Neverthless i really like the book and his style of analysis on big and small situations, from Shawn losing his smile to Maurice Smith beating Coleman. I was actually suprised with the amount of MMA/Japan stuff.

I highly recommend this if you are a nerd and like books. About minute details of fake and real fighting

What other years would be good for this kind of book? 2007 with Benoit stuff? 2001 with WWE/WCW and the following fuckery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I've been reading Observer Rewinds and Dave is all over Angles dick almost right after he debuts, giving him high parisen, and saying that he and the murdered are two of the all time greatest wrestlers...