Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The brain worms that man has are astounding. The famous movie theme that was then used as a famous wrestling theme.

"Who the heck is Giorgio Moroder?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what in tarnation

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOONIE!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only pure mma fighter is sage northcutt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

finn has a weird face

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"this rotten egg tasted way better than licking that puddle of motor oil"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pff who the gently caress ever got over by chopping someone

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah its wrestling that's dumb, not you, never you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

I listen to How 2 off and on, enough where I can tell you it has definitely come up. If I heard right, they go over some of their older episodes for Patreon and that episode in particular was addressed. Kefin seems like the kind of guy to be embarrassed by that kind of fuckup, at the very least.

He apparently didn't know anything about the DA until after they did the episode, and they have talked about how uncomfortable it makes a lot of the skits with Austin and Debra in 2001 in hindsight during the Invasion episodes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Imagine packing to go overseas and thinking “yes, I better take this shirt”

that'd be the first shirt i pack

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tato posted:

They barely watch Smackdown, let alone NXT.

No idea why they spend upwards of an hour on the Tuesday show covering the absolute worst show WWE produces in minute detail, then just ramble through SD and NXT results on the Thursday show and get half of them wrong or mixed up. I've stopped listening to the Tuesday WOR show at this point, I have no interest in hearing Bryan whine and squeal about stuff on RAW and then not even mention all the good stuff on SD/NXT because neither even watched it. I feel like I've listened to eps where they spend more time recapping Being the Elite than an entire SD episode.

At least Dave watches 205 Live, god bless him, and calls out whenever it has a good match.

why would they spent more time on the WWE's B and C-tier shows when their A show is such a miserable awful experience

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

so glad the insane dumbass can post 3000 times a day in every thread. very enjoyable. all about him!!

there's unfortunately absolutely nothing that can be done about it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lan the man wasn't even a grifter, he was a package deal to get the macho man in atlanta.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

There was a great twitter exchange which is sadly deleted I think between Corny and Chuckie:

Chuck: (someone) is a disgrace to the whole state of Kentucky!
Corny: No he isn't, but I know a Kentuckian who's a disgrace to the whole of wrestling
Chuck: Is it Ricochet?

close, the exchange was

Chuck: As someone from Kentucky, I have to come out and say that Hillbilly Jim is an offensive portrayal of us and gives us all a bad name.
Corny: Yeah, well I know someone from Kentucky who is an offensive portrayal of wrestlers and gives them all a bad name!
Chuck: Ricochet?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Draxion posted:

Why's everyone think Marq Quen isn't trained or whatever, he's been wrestling since at least 2012 and both he and Kassidy were trained by Amazing Red.

because jim cornette is racist

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wazzu posted:

Edit : a quick Google makes me the fool, apparently the temperature highs and lows are basically the same every month somehow?

malaysia.txt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you gotta give it to David Bixenspan, though. you gotta give it to him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

didn't hulk hogan specifically say that metallica asked him to replace Cliff Burton after he died in the bus accident

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

aioli is the absolute best thing to dip your fries in, do not @ me

we get it, you're belgian

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Osw is disgusting, homophobic, mysogonist and racist.

you could have just said "Osw is Irish"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

actually a fun through line that Brian has mostly been ignoring since June is this (though he somewhat brought it up this week)

in January 1999, Giant Baba who was the long time owner and promoter of All Japan passed away. Due to political friction between the company president Misawa and owner Motoko Baba (Giant's wife), Misawa ends up leaving the company in May 2000 and forming PW Noah.

A lot of All Japan's roster followed Misawa, some stayed, and a few took a neutral options and didn't join either or retired.

one of those people who retired was a man named Johnny

Johnny had connections to WCW and NWA and got himself a job working as a backstage WCW agent

since the 2 main WCW producers in Bischoff and Russo were already fighting and falling apart, Johnny started amassing influence backstage quickly in June

when Russo left following Bash at the Beach he had enough sway to run the booking committee , Johnny booked the good US Heavyweight TItle Tournament that Lance won and generally is why Lance got over so goddamned much in his early going

later on when Russo came back, he would play second fiddle up until Russo finally quits for good, after which he ends up lead booking the company through the dead cat bounce that is well regarded

WWF was impressed with him and he was kept on as a backstage producer when WCW got sold and he moved up the ranks in Talent relations...

I think everyone knows where this ends

drat I didn't know Johnny Smith did so much good work for WCW

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jim Cornette being racist? Weird, never heard anything like that before.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ben gibbard got all skinny and now he's an ultramarathon runner or some poo poo and i don't like it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The site is from the 90s and I would not be surprised if it has been minimally updated over the years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rovert posted:

"I don't even know why people are mad" "You are an exceedingly attractive woman."

IN GENERAL.

I am very unhappy with the Observer, Torch and PWInsider's coverage of the Wednesday Night Wars

We are nth weeks into AEW Dynamite and Meltzer hasn't delivered any spicy scoops. When there's been lots of mid-show segment changes, a fight or two, talent unhappiness etc.

Fan of the product(s). But there's been a lot of teething issues yet none get reported.

Like do you expect it to be seamless? Look at the launch of WWF Raw in 1993, WCW Nitro in 1995, NWA TNA in 2002 etc. Read the newsletters at the time and detail offered vs. now.

Running Wednesdays only is a radical change yet I don't see that talked about it.

And simply wrestlers are never happy.

then make a fuckin name for yourself, scoopsman, and break that poo poo yourself if you know about it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rovert posted:

All I ask is for Meltzer to take a break from "you know people used to say the same thing about Rey Mysterio as they do Marko Stunt" on Twitter. And blow the dust off the typewriter and rotary phone. And see how that works out.

you can't findom me for scoops, irishman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Bryan: "Hey everybody, I'm getting married. July 31st, 2010!"

Vinny: "What was good about Willow?"

Bryan and Craig in unison: *trilling shrieks*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Legit excited for Bryan to get bullied every time he doesn’t like an AEW main event

we should bully you because you're never ever going to stop crying about this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine thinking Dave Meltzer wants women's wrestling to be Diva's Era WWE

the absolute gaps of knowledge required is mindblowing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Boom Boom!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Every time I say a person has problematic views vis a vis racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc., people reflexively "Whoaaahhhh hold up" at me.

Dave, like most people, is more concerned about people calling things racist than people being racist.

ACH gave everybody his lived experience of dealing with racism and rather than believe him, people here literally- LITERALLY said he was going insane.

God forbid we listen to a black man telling us what it's like.

Please stop making everything about you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NuclearPotato posted:

A weird-rear end SNK fighting game that showed up on their DOA attempt at a 3D-capable arcade board, and nowhere else.

Re-release Buriki-One, cowards SNK

it was SNK doing an MMA fighting game in 1999 where you move by pressing buttons and attack by moving the stick, it rules

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

This business that I LOVE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vincent Verhei is a draw, brother

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so glad disingenuous shitheads like Eat My Fuc get endless opportunity to post her on this board, where we've never had this kind of problem before

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

does stan hansen try to break your hand then

yeah but only because he can barely tell where your hand is so he's gotta squeeze tight to make sure he's got the right bodypart

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Seriously what the hell was going on with that story haha. He even cut in at the end to make sure he could tell it. Something about getting pepper sprayed by Avenged Sevenfold??

getting avenged sevenfold mad enough to pepper spray you sounds like the noblest of acts to me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't believe bryan ducked marko on the boat smdh