Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CIMA should definitely be in but not enough people care about Dragon Gate/Toryumon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I believe in you CIMA.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I hope the Usos get some votes for best tag team this year, they deserve it more than any other WWE tag team. You could make a case for them as the best in-ring guys in WWE this year.

The best tag is clearly CK-1 and anyone arguing otherwise is just a big dum-dum.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Mentioning bad WWE PPVs made me curious and
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&view=statistics&page=2

WWE Super ShowDown 2020 is still #3 on there after all this time. As it should be.

Laughing that apparently one of the worst shows ever was a WWE d-show consisting entirely of a 2 minute match between Great Khali and JTG.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=94337

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

WWE has the best wrestlers from the last 20 years employed at this moment

I keep seeing this sentiment posted in regards to WWE and honestly, at this point, is that even true? Other than Bryan, who o the WWE roster is better than Okada? Tanahashi? Shingo? Omega? Ibushi? Naito? YAMATO? Ben-K? The Bucks? Fenix? PAC?

Baron Corbin and The Miz?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Unrelated but looking back on it NXT TakeOver: Rival might've been one of the best WWE cards ever, the main event of Sami v Owens I remember to this day as well.

I'm gonna be honest, but Sami getting squashed there pretty much completely killed my interest in NXT. It was just more WWE heeeeeat. Face champ spends a year climbing the mountain and finally gets his big win but immediately gets squashed by the newly arriving heel and there was no time for the audience and the face to enjoy his run on top. This was also the start of "the hottest free agent in sports entertainment" showing up and immediately winning/feuding with the champ era of NXT and that sucked and lead us to Bobby Roode vs Drew McIntyre which no thanks ew.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 15, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's very stupid that all the bad faith critiques of Dave for misogyny are in defense of Actual Rapist Vince McMahon and his billion dollar company. Or when WWE stooge Ryan "I worked with literal white supremacist Joe Arpaio and helped him achieve his goals" Satin tries to cancel him for being racist against Hispanic people. It obscures any legit criticism good faith actors might have of Meltzer.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Senerio posted:

Which president name would Bryan pronounce funniest?

Trump because him being president is funnier than any pronunciation.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I hope he does resign, I'd love it if he resigned. I don't ask for much, just for him to fight Shingo Takagi to see which dragon is stronger.... and also to be in the G1!

You're in luck J-Ru!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av5587101/

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He has mush brain

The inevtiable fate of all who work in the wrestling busness regardless if they've ever stepped in the ring. It's tragic you hate to see it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I thought I saw something that suggested they'd broken up but I can't remember where so there's a 20% chance my brain made it up

He attacked her in the middle of the ring! That’s a pretty big “we’re done” signifier!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

El Generico posted:

Well, took me three weeks instead of one this time, but oh well! I did it!

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 1st, 1999

Was harder to have motivation for this one. Lance Storm is on this episode, for all two or three times he talks, I think he might've changed the vibe in the room, at least at first, and it took longer for the guys to get more into their shenanigans. There also wasn't so much opportunity for visual gags and creative editing stuff in this one. More of a straightforward review. Still, plenty of goofy stuff in this episode.

There's a moment in this where Bret says "SCREW YOU SCOTT" and it's just so Canadian, I couldn't explain why but his accent, what he's saying, it's perfect :canada:

Includes: A really bad Vince impression, a woman kidnapped and put in a shark cage, a Something On a Pole match, a seriously weird production botch, Lex Luger hamming it up, Sid falling for a terrible disguise, superfluous chains, a random turn, Vince Russo mocking a heartfelt plea, seduction and making out in the ring, Bret Hart being very Canadian, a truly awful tournament, Norman Smiley in a catcher's outfit, Goldberg on the set of Ready 2 Rumble, the Nitro Girls feuding with each other... you know, I just realized, when Kimberly said she had more important things to do than be in the Nitro Girls, she meant she was gonna hit David Flair with a car I guess. Bigger and better things!

The video on Dailymotion: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81n45u
I will put it up on Youtube later but it'll be slideshowy so I won't bother posting it here.

Probably still won't process into HD but it's not like Nitro was in HD in the first place.

Legit, Vinny noting that The Cat vs. Lash LeReux was the only first round match with an actual finish is the most wrestling has made me laugh in a long time.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shayna Baszler posted:

which metal is the sex metal? probably gallium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u96tYuv2Zk

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gotta throw shade at Dave Meltzer for his latent misogny while working for and defending the company run by a loving rapist.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why is this entire sub now a QCS style honeypot where people wander in and tell us the wild stuff in their brain?

If you spend enough time watching people give themselves concussions your brain just gives itself one out of sympathy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

"WWE need to figure out what the future is. Not the present, the future. And the future isn't the past" ~ Dave Meltzer

The future is Vince riding the clock out on his life and then it's not his problem anymore, just like real life.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

El Generico posted:

Kept you waiting, huh? Did I already make that joke? Probably.

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Nov 22nd 1999

There's been a PPV between last episode and this one, and Bret Hart is your world champ! The Outsiders are less all over this episode, but Jeff Jarrett is, so it's a wash. The ongoing Lex and Elizabeth weirdness continues, there's soap opera poo poo, more stuff about THE WRITERS, lots of bad, short matches. It's not quite as wacky or rant-filled as previous episodes, but it's still a delightful dose of Russo for you.

FEATURING: Piano playing, Meng being Meng, attempted flag burning, a large woman crushing a smaller woman's head between her thighs, an abrupt heel turn, an abrupt face turn, Roddy Piper, Vince Russo's filthy toothbrush, Nitro Girls fighting, attempted murder, a limo driver who's completely dead inside, another woman in another shark cage, a faction breaking up, infidelity, a stoned hippie, WCW cologne, and the debut of Stacy Kiebler!

Smooth video on Dailymotion: https://dai.ly/x854prg

I'm following their recommended export settings more closely, so hopefully this processes into HD.

Legit, these are some of my favorite wrestling content out there, thanks for doing them.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Saga of Big Brody Hoofer.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Smart Marx

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Much like this year's Rumble, SS wasn't just bad, it was also a stark reminder of how utterly lifeless the modern-day product is

How is that different from any other WWE show in the past 5 years though?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

I'm abnormal but in a cool way, like Magnum Tokyo

Nobody is as cool as Magnum Tokyo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

All Dave had to do was watch a single DG show and see them pushing guys under the age of 30 to know NOSAWA didn't have the book.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NOSAWA Rongai continues to tear communities apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I don't know how to post twitter reply chains anymore thanks Elon.