Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

VCRWrestling/MeltzerSaidWhat (same dude AFAIK) can sometimes get too granular/stupid, but their accounts generally don't bother me.

Hey bix that guy is a bigot and you should stop signal boosting him just because you also don’t like Meltzer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

So with how rarely Dave does outside podcasts (other than Jericho & Austin), that's weird enough, but...Penzer has AEW (or TNT?) as a sponsor? Isn't it fairly well-known that Penzer's show doesn't really have an audience?

I feel like I'm missing something.

i'm calling Les Moore right now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wrong thread :(

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 15, 2019

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Casey spends a lot of time engaging on twitter. He’s not what he used to be. I knew the slip with Statlander was coming but didn’t want to say anything.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oh Snapple! posted:

Personally, yeah, I'm not purchasing the PPV this time around. I was admittedly waffling a bit already due to personal budget allocation stuff but I was ultimately gonna buy and this poo poo reversed that mighty quick.

I’m also going to be skipping Wrestle Kingdom

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

senator linda mcmahon

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jericho had Don Trump Jr on because AEW has had a lot of issues getting visas for their international talent, and now Jericho can go to Don Jr for help.

Remember this when we get Hijo del Vikingo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

How will I enjoy raw now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

I hate to say it, and I'm not trying to "OK, boomer" him or anything like that, but this is kind of exposing how much Dave relies on his memory and how much that could be a liability as he ages. I mean, I've also benefitted journalistically and as a historian from having a weirdly great long-term memory, too, and I'd hate to lose that when I get older, but I've also been building a massive digital trove of historical documents and resources over the years, while Dave...just kind of relies on his memory and his own writings. As big a fan of Kenny Omega as he is, thinking that Omega did a lot of death matches in the Delaware valley is...really weird and maybe even concerning? I'm probably overreacting, but it's such a specifically weird mistake to make.

Nice of you to let us know about Dave’s deteriorating condition. Do you have anyone in mind that we should start listening to as a replacement for Dave?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think it is anti-labor to say that if you sign with WWE you better expect to be put in lovely storylines and not pushed well and if you get upset about those things he has no sympathy.

It's like saying you have no sympathy for someone who applies to Disney World to play Mickey and then complains they look stupid in the Mickey costume. You can feel bad they are underpaid and otherwise have their rights trampled upon, but you knew you'd look that way when you signed.

Labor should organize so that they can wear the Epic Mickey costume

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

I just sent Dave a two page letter about how I think he's done a disservice with his ACH & Jim Cornette coverage. I hope he's receptive to it, because I'm pretty disappointed in what he put in this week's issue.

You should have included a screenshot of your twitter account with 0 followers to make sure he reads it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i haven't listened to today's episode but dave seems extremely mad that cornette was fired while randy remains unpunished, failing to realize one incident was on a national "tv" show while the other person was drunk while streaming video games

to be fair, video game streaming is a bigger industry than cosplay youtube wrestling shows

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m gonna save my energy for if Darby turns out to be a sexpest or a racist, that’s what I’m gonna do

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

living in 2020 is loving exhausting

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ahhhh never mind

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NIC FUCKIN CAGE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think Dave might be talking about Carmella there. Carmella is a really bad wrestler, who has improved a lot. Regardless, she is still light years ahead of Bryan Alvarez lol.

If he’s talking about Naomi then Jesus Christ, Dave

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rare Magic card l00k posted:

In a fair wrestleworld Orton would get paid a lot more than 3 mill.

In a fair world Orton would have to pay 3 million to appear on television. Like a commercial

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Punk: I'd look like a fool if I lent my name to a product that nobody watched and died an ignominous and unmourned death... far better to get a gig on WWE Backstage!

just when they think they got the answers, i go and do Ice Road Truckers rerun numbers

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

Your videos are too popular and bringing too many people to our website. Somehow this is a bad thing and you need to pay us for it.

to be fair, vimeo has a completely different business model than youtube. their goal is not to bring viewers to their website, nor do they generate ad revenue. they target customers that need a place to host large, high quality videos

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

A lot of podcasts lost their ad support because numbers are way down across the board. The commute was a much bigger chunk of viewership then people expected.

I thought the loss of ad support was more that companies are pulling back on ad spend since no one is buying anything.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ryan Satin is just doing his job

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't it basically the New Japan young boy match formula? Like, real star goofs on kid for a bit, gets punished by the kid getting some offence, then real star wins with a move that is literally never a finish in a real match?

New Japan has no idea how to build stars

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

As someone who hasn’t followed any of the retro nitro stuff, what’s the best way to jump in? Just start from the beginning? Do you typically watch the episode of Nitro beforehand?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bix is cool and good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

We can all agree Ryan Satin is bad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Like, we can remember your previous posts.

Dave’s not the only one who needs an editor

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I can’t believe Dave believes he’s the director of the sports entertainment department at Stanford

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’d say it was all worth it if now wrestlers in the future realize WWE’s keepaway contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on but most wrestlers are stupid and we will 100% see this scenario play out again with someone else in the next 2 years

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fantasy booking the back office

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i'm assuming it was jake hager since he was brought in as the first episode ending shock debut

we could potentially be living in a hager-less timeline

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Post about it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealFoxy posted:

They used to travel together at bare minimum, because Jericho was the one who filmed Cornette screaming at people in a fast food drive-thru

Jericho records Cornys podcast?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pinche Rudo posted:

EMF has become joker Sting

We live in a wrestling society x

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mob posted:

please don't troll

Matt Taven is so big he even has his own podcast

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cool

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

HidaO-Win posted:

I think Daves point of view is that historically, wrestling is a star driven industry.

Well that’s on Dave then for not giving Rosa/Britt 5 stars

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A casual viewer was once recreated in a lab to study their behavior but quickly destabilized and vaporized within microseconds

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/Rosenbergradio/status/1379855723941728266?s=20

Rosenberg and Sam Roberts especially given their past, but really anyone associated with WWE does not have the high ground in this discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

I think St. Patrick's Day Slam was just them realizing "oh gently caress St. Patrick's Day is on a Wednesday"

OTOH, did you see Penta's hat?