Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This first page is a very good place to request/shill for wrestling podcasts/audios that you'd like to see put into the OP.

Thanks to Karmine for the old thread that lasted as long as it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best is when he knows he is wrong so he declares he is going to make a twitter poll about it, so he can claim he is right by weight of numbers (or that it is trolls if the poll doesn't go his way). I mean that sincerely too, like Karmine says it is endearing :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave apparently never thinks Braun Strowman is hiding in his house.

Edit: Also Dave used to ditch his dates to go call in to The Law :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 1, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This guy on Observer Live insisting he's not a hardcore fan is pretty amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

There's another in depth issue from late 98 when Shadows of Wrestling came out. I think that one was from December. Great stuff.

Meltzer mentioned on WOL he would like to get that up tomorrow and Bryan said they could probably have it up by next week - it's supposedly the complete audio transcript of the Vince/Bret lockerroom confrontation :aaa:

I'm reading part 1 for the first time and it is bringing back just how bizarre the whole thing was. Best part is Dave opening with,"People will still be talking about this 20 years from now" and welp here we are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

It's already up, it's in the normal archive.

Oh snap, thanks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

He's tweeting too much.

Impossible, there's no such thing as too much Dave tweeting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Watching Labor insist on kicking an own goal over citizenship when it comes to referring their own members going No No lalalalala will be the most Bill Shorten thing. You got gifted the moral high ground now lets make sure we are the villains and appear as obfuscating piss possums.

Zack Sabre has a podcast?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I finally caught up on Cornette's appearance on Jericho's podcast and it was a blast, and it was nice to hear Starmaker Kenny there too since for some reason I thought the two had had a real life falling out.

I gave up on the Experience as a regular listen back when he did that episode ranting about Muslims, but there still isn't much better than hearing Cornette enthusiastically explain old school wrestling stuff. His explanation of how to properly work an ether spot was really entertaining.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

The Cornette episode was taped like 9 months ago. That's why Bolin is on it.

They are still feuding.

Oh.

:smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Have you tried listening to the drive thru? It's only about classic wrestling.

coconono posted:

Drive-Thru is mostly old wrasslin chat.

Is that the one you need a MLW Premium Membership to listen to? Or is that just for older episodes?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

The older episodes might be behind a paywall but the new episodes are not. I ended my MLW subscription once they made it free.

http://www.mlwradio.com/download-jim-cornette-s-drive-thru.html

Okay that's awesome, thanks. I'll check it out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Okay let's move on to the rest of the news.
Dave: Actually let's do the mailbag, there are a bunch of questions about Eddie we should do now.
Bryan: You wanna do the news first, then the questions?
Dave: No no, the mailbag first. I want to answer the questions.
Bryan: Okay then.
Bryan asks first Eddie question
Dave: Oh I don't know.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

B&V has hit peak retro in Austin v Rock full swing, the sheer joy of Austin and Rock and McMahon is not changed in retrospect - they were just that loving good. Everything around them sucks, which is a theme in that this will never happen again and thats ok but stop trying to make this happen again.

Between this and the NWA shows its the best shows.

Bryan doing THE MATH on why there'll never be a boom period like that again was great too.

Best part was his sheer disbelief as he states,"Nitro was the worst it has ever been.... and it's only going to get worse. Raw was the best it has ever been.... and it's only going to get better :stare:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Semp was at least semi-tolerable when he didn't know how annoying he was. Once he decided to make that his gimmick WOL became actively unlistenable.

Yeah, I didn't mind him at all before and he was often quite good, but he's doubled down on his "character" and it's often distracting at best and usually just completely derails or takes away from the show.

He's actually far better on a solo show or on Big Audio Nightmare, so I can only guess he's decided to push this take solely for his interactions with Bryan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Sempervive arguing with Bryan about the rumble is borderline unlistenable.

Just caught up on this show and you weren't kidding, goddamn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Some people didn't like the Black/Velveteen Dream match.
Vinny: Kill them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I've gotta say I have become really let down by Karl Stern's Longform History of Wrestling. He's hit the late 30s and it is basically still just reading off match results. Very little about how territories have formed and how the business is developing. It was fine for eras where we don't know much beyond the results and some news clippings but we have a ton of info on the 20s and 30s.

I've been keeping up and it has been sadly pretty underwhelming (DragonKing Dark however has really picked up) - it was a bit of a breath of fresh air when he took a small break and did a couple episodes about the Observer HOF ballot, and had some interesting things to say about the legitimacy of the HoF and how he thinks it should work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

The Austin/Taker angle on this week's retro Raw is breathtakingly stupid

"Why did Paul Bearer allow them to film this? This was a crime."
"Oh it was a tremendous crime!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know AJ has been wrestling forever but it does seem kinda early to be putting him into the Hall of Fame when it's likely he still has several years of absolutely top-level performances in him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who is Ryan Satin? :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

On a different tangent, it looks like Steve Austin has recently done a rewatch/commentary on IYH: Canadian Stampede, which if nothing else has reminded me to rewatch that amazing main event and see the crowd just going absolutely apeshit for the Hart Foundation :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JR had a good interview with Batista that was rather needlessly split across 2 weeks, but on the second he also did about 40 minutes with Jerry Lawler and it's probably the best show he's ever done. It feel completely spontaneous and natural and the two have (no surprise) great chemistry together - the bit where they talk about going to the KFC Buffet is really cool, plus he confirms what we all knew about Vince McMahon feeding Michael Cole the "anal bleeding" line.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Dave Meltzer: Global warming is actually good.

Well, actually it is bad.

Dave knowing what Rick and Morty is kinda hosed with my head.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The only Meltzer news I care about right now is when the Best of 2017 is out.

And will it be edited better than last year's 47 hour long compilation that I'm positive was somehow longer than if you just took each of the segments that made it up and listened to them back to back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan having no idea what a CHUD is on the latest Bryan and Vinny :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just remembered the time Dave was talking to Bryan at like 3 in the morning and suddenly goes,"Hang on somebody's breaking into my house" and after about 30 seconds of rustling papers and muffled talk he comes back and says,"It's my brother" and then proceeds to have a friendly chat with his brother for a few minutes before saying,"By the way we're in the middle of taping a show."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nagata jumped from 21% last year to 50% this year so I still have hopes for my Anti-Aging Hero :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

has Bray ever done anything remotely threatening that didn't result in his rear end getting immediately kicked?

For about three weeks after he won the title earlier this year it looked like they were finally using him well.... they "fixed" that little problem though. :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Russo true believers are currently having their mind blown over Meltzer on Twitter telling them This Is Your Life wasn't the highest ever Raw rating. Some refuse to believe Meltzer.

If I recall correctly, it was an Undertaker/Austin match, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

This Is Your Life loving sucked and I have no clue why people still romanticize it

I think the Rock's reactions are gold but the greater bulk of the segment is pretty lame, mostly carried by said reactions plus Mankind being so endearing as a character.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

I think you meant to call him Stink

Wronk :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Pat Laprade interview with Dave and Bryan on the latest Observer Radio is a really fun listen - Laprade keeps them both on track when they start derailing into some well worn arguments/debates and his bit about Montreal Screwjob Truthers is hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I was planning to tomorrow.

Cheers :)

rovert posted:

A loving great clip by the king of the beefers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjEWaHQgwmw

I always enjoy Bret dunking on HHH :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 4, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

keevo posted:

Pisscast?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE&t=3s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

You can skip to the Japan talk but the latest Big Audio Nightmare is really good.

For all the times I get frustrated at Sempervive, it's like he is a different person on Big Audio Nightmare and he's so much more interesting to listen to. Their little tangent in the first 20 or so minutes just about the state of wrestling in general was really interesting.

Also Adam had zero knowledge that Jericho had blocked Sempervive on twitter :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan's flustered,"WESTERN CANADA!?!" response to Dave re: Jinder Mahal on the latest WOR was incredible.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Anderson and Gallows are on Steve Austin's podcast and it's a Hoot. Nothing ground breaking other than the continuing theory that Vince doesn't know that Gallows was Festus.

Oh poo poo it's out? Awesome, I was really looking forward to this one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho on WOR is fantastic, he and Dave swapping their sides of the Mickey Rourke story is absolutely hilarious.

Meltzer: Now I realize that if I'd gone, Malenko and Finlay would have jumped me!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also enjoyed Dave trying to figure out a justification for Triple H beating Jinder and then just giving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought Dave whispering,"Maybe the match was fixed?" was great, then I got to horny Dave eagerly describing the Japanese translator girl to Bryan :allears: