Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dodgers

1. CF Chris Taylor
2. SS Corey Seager
3. 3B Justin Turner
4. 1B Cody Bellinger
5. RF Yasiel Puig
6. 2B Logan Forsythe
7. C Austin Barnes
8. DH Joc Peterson
9. LF Kiké Hernandez

P: Alex Wood

Astros

1. CF George Springer
2. 3B Alex Bregman
3. 2B Jose Altuve
4. SS Carlos Correa
5. 1B Yuli Gurriel
6. RF Josh Reddick
7. DH Evan Gattis
8. LF Marwin Gonzales
9. C Brian McCann

P: Charlie Morton

First pitch is at 7:20PM Central/5:20PM Pacific on Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So many LHP this postseason against the Astros. I'm surprised they've gotten this far given how they usually struggle against lefties

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'll have to follow this game on Gameday at a Halloween party where the host refuses to put it on the tv so they can watch Stranger Things

:negative:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'll have to follow this game on Gameday at a Halloween party where the host refuses to put it on the tv so they can watch Stranger Things

:negative:

I don't understand having a longform dramatic tv series on during a party. Unless the plan for the party is to watch the show?!

If it's just on in the background and I haven't seen it yet...way to spoil the experience, party-hoster.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

So many LHP this postseason against the Astros. I'm surprised they've gotten this far given how they usually struggle against lefties

Considering all the best bats are righties it's really odd to me. You'd think they would absolutely feast on LHP.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I don't understand having a longform dramatic tv series on during a party. Unless the plan for the party is to watch the show?!

If it's just on in the background and I haven't seen it yet...way to spoil the experience, party-hoster.

I once went to a holiday party where they decided to watch/have on The Shining with the lights turned down for dramatic effect. Probably a couple of dozen people at the party. I hadn't seen it before but had seen the Simpson's parody so I laughed throughout the whole movie which others did not so much appreciate...

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Go Astros!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SourKraut posted:

I once went to a holiday party where they decided to watch/have on The Shining with the lights turned down for dramatic effect. Probably a couple of dozen people at the party. I hadn't seen it before but had seen the Simpson's parody so I laughed throughout the whole movie which others did not so much appreciate...

Ugh, my movie snob is showing but that sounds like one of the worst ways to see one of the best thrillers ever.

reminds me of when I was sitting in a college common area one night and someone put on The Usual Suspects, but the TV they had was so old and busted you basically couldn't make out what was happening on the screen. So my first time seeing one of the coolest movie turns ever was less 'seeing' and more 'following along with characters' voices.'

EDIT: I also don't care who wins this game, except Yuri's poo poo made me root for the dodgers. And as someone who hates all things LA...gently caress you Yuri for making me do that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think anyone actually watches the horror movies playing during the Halloween parties. You're supposed to be wasted and trying to get laid. Its just background.

The real horror/Halloween nerds just have like super cuts of the big stuff. Hell, there's probably some online stream or something.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think anyone actually watches the horror movies playing during the Halloween parties. You're supposed to be wasted and trying to get laid. Its just background.

The real horror/Halloween nerds just have like super cuts of the big stuff. Hell, there's probably some online stream or something.

see if I was going to do that I'd just have a giant super stream of MST3K episodes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Considering all the best bats are righties it's really odd to me. You'd think they would absolutely feast on LHP.

Their best right handed bats are good against both righties and lefties (and in Yuli's case somehow better against righties) but their left handed bats all suck against lefties

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:3:
https://twitter.com/NatsSquid/status/905881624004481025
https://twitter.com/MarlaABC13/status/924385817270870016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Was supposed to go get Pequods with some friends but it's a 2.5 hour wait so now I'm sitting at home watching this game well they decide were to go.

Go Astros?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

Was supposed to go get Pequods with some friends but it's a 2.5 hour wait so now I'm sitting at home watching this game well they decide were to go.

Go Astros?

Always

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Always root for Astros

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wood has barely pitched lately and Maeda is unavailable, so in my full CubsAstrosposting mode I expect him to go 7 shutout

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alex Wood is going to throw the game of his life. Such is the life of a Houston sports fan.

Morton will be bounced in the second inning.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

2-3-2 is still dumb, also if not for 2-3-2 the Astros could start Keuchel tonight on short rest and Verlander in game 5 on normal rest

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

2-3-2 is still dumb, also if not for 2-3-2 the Astros could start Keuchel tonight on short rest and Verlander in game 5 on normal rest
2 2 1 1 1 is better but not feasible in baseball imo, too many off days

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

bawfuls posted:

2 2 1 1 1 is better but not feasible in baseball imo, too many off days

Off days are good though? (from a player rest perspective)

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

yo that fox reporter who just pulled off his segment with "stop this runaway train" while the astros train sounded is on point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Panic beginning

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

please don't tell me we're getting bad Morton tonight...

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So far so good.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen a thumb ring fly off during a swing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What was Taylor thinking

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

What was that?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
McCann....throws out the baserunner stealing?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wet fart status

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That decision was poor

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

What an awful steal attempt ffs

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Holy gently caress what an amazingly stupid decision.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

all-Rush mixtape posted:

McCann....throws out the baserunner stealing?

Wow it really happened.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

How slow do you have to be to get caught by Brian McCann?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol that steal attempt wtf

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

SourKraut posted:

Off days are good though? (from a player rest perspective)
lets teams lean even more heavily on their best few pitchers and not have to have depth

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was a delayed steal, but a very poorly executed one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Huh, yeah, that hit him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
A challenge three pitches in. Wonderful.

• Locked thread