Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Is there any particular reason to not buy one of the 2013 or 2015 Google Chromebook Pixels?

Curently using a Acer R11 and want a nicer screen and a bit more power, and the pixels always looked super appealing, just not at their MSRP. There's a a lot of manufacturer refurbished on ebay for $300-$350 and that's much more reasonable for my wallet.

Maybe one of the HP Chromebook 13s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Atomizer posted:

I wrote about all of those CBs in the 2nd post, including why not to get the 2013 Pixel. Read the first two posts, because I put a lot of effort into them, then I can answer any further questions that aren't already answered there.

:tipshat: Didn't expect an actual good OP. Looks like I'll keep hunting for a decently priced HP 13 over the google books.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Edit: nvm at this point I should just hold on to my R11 and look into a windows machine for something higher end.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 7, 2018

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Thoughts on the HP 13 G1? I can get a M5 w/ 8GB of RAM pretty cheap from a friend. I'd be coming from a Acer R11 with the N3060. From what I can tell, the HP would be lightyears ahead of my current chromebook, right? I know they're somewhat older, but seem pretty solid still.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 23, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Atomizer posted:

That's actually my daily driver! I still recommend them because they're often half or less of their original MSRP and have great features at that price (e.g. around $300 or so depending on the specific version,) plus over 3 more years of official support! And since you mentioned it I decided to look, and sure enough, there are more on sale at woot.com: m5 + 8 GB for $240, and m7 + 16 GB for $300 (the one I use.)

Good to know! Now I feel like I'm ripping my friend off, he asked for $175, which is even a better deal than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:lol: The HP 13 G1 is hilariously overbuilt and crazy fast compared to my Acer R11. Pretty good purchase.