Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Ignore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Work environment? VDI and zero clients.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

This thread always has solid advice, but AC has a newer article as a supplement.

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-chromebook

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

So any thoughts on the Pixelbook Go?

Still seems expensive, but looks pretty nice.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

My only comment on the docks is to pick based off monitor requirements.

4k @ 30hz sucks rear end.

I had to upgrade from a cheap usb-c hub to a more expensive one once I got a new monitor (WFH fun).

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

bull3964 posted:

Are you talking about normal Microsoft RDP? If so, the Android RDP client is basically as good as the PC one and works well with a keyboard and trackpad.

VMWare Horizon Android client works equally well.

Uhh, I am unaware of a way to use the Horizon Client to RDP into a machine without a full horizon VDI environment.

I run a midsized horizon deployment at work, it can connect via RDP (or PCoIP and Blast), but it needs the rest of the infrastructure. Specifically a Connection server for LAN use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

bull3964 posted:

To be clear, the initial request wasn't clear on WHAT was wanted to be remoted into.

I was just pointing out if the target was Horizon, chromeOS works pretty well.

I concur.

We used a bunch of spare Chromebooks as "remote thin clients" at one point. Outside of the poo poo models we had (bad screen resolution), they work well for a terminal into a Horizon environment.