Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
I've got a Pixelbook Go question you guys might be able to help me with.

I'm looking at buying a Pixelbook Go, either the M3 8gb ram 64gb ssd or the i5 8gb ram 128gb ssd. I found the i5 version for sale by a 3rd party seller on Amazon for $130 less than retail (720 instead of 850), yet I'm pretty hesitant due to it being a third party and it does sound too good to be true. However, the m3 sold by Amazon themselves is going for $650.

Does anyone have any experience with the m3 processor in the Pixelbook Go? Am I looking at something too good to be true from the third party i5 version? I'd love to get the more powerful processor to keep it strong as websites become more resource intensive over the next few years but I'm reluctant to drop some money on a possible scam/return nightmare if there is an issue or I am sent a refurbished/defective unit.

Can you guys offer up some insight into this?

E: for more clarity I'll be using this for school, web browsing, and YouTube mostly and maybe the occasional browser or Android game

knobgobblin fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Thank you all for the replies! A few hours after I posted my op I found an i5 pixelbook go in open box excellent - certified condition on Best Buy for $644 and jumped on it. It's even cheaper than the Amazon one and I feel comfortable knowing that if I'm dissatisfied or if it's not functioning as advertised I can return it in store no questions asked and without any claim or mail-in hassle.

It's arriving today and I'm pretty stoked!

E: brand spanking new with 0 cycles of battery, couldn't have asked for anything better

knobgobblin fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 15, 2022