Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
How do you watch video files like MKV to play while being able to edit subtitle tracks. I'm having difficulty finding a player for chromebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Here's another 1-day CB sale on Woot: Lenovo ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB storage for $300 (add $100 to double the storage.)

drat I'm jealous. Happy with my Chromebook but there's always something tempting about that ThinkPad style and also ryzen cpu.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone have any experience installing new OS's chromebooks?

As I understand it, it's possible on some chromebooks. However, on others, they gut the back end enough that even after enabling developer mode and boot from iso sticks, the machine won't recognize the OS.

I tried to install manjaro on my chromebook. Enabled dev mode, enabled install from ISO stick, but instead of booting from the USB it beeped and entered the chromium OS setup.

Any work arounds? I'm not interested in a dual boot.

E: it's a lenova ideapad 5

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 17, 2023