Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Viper_3000 posted:

I've had my c302 for a week and it is a cool and nice device and web apps are cool and everyone needs to just smoke a blunt and calm the hell down about some $400 laptops.

Same on all accounts. I like this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Humerus posted:

I'm having a difficult time deciding between the Samsung Chromebook Plus and the Asus C302.

The aspect ratio is kind of a wash for me, I think the Samsung would be better for my purposes (school work and web browsing) but I also don't think I would mind the Asus' ratio. Mainly what I'm having trouble with is whether the stylus in the Plus is worth it. My idea is that I'll be using the Chromebook itself to write notes rather than use a pen and paper. I know I can get a stylus that will work with the Asus, but is the Samsung's purpose-built? As in, will it feel better/be easier to write with the Samsung vs. the Asus with a stylus?

I was deciding between the two as well and what pushed me over the edge was the keyboard. In my hands the C302 is 1000x better, but if you have tried them both and don't care then that wouldn't matter to you.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I sold my parents on a Chromebook because I love my Asus C302 so much. Is there any murmurs of an update to this laptop that's about to come out soon? I think it still holds up now anyway but I'd hate for them to get buyer's remorse right away.