Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003
I don't think it's going to ruin any of the simplicity ChromeOS providers. Likely you'll be able to run an OCI compatible container and pass it in a virtual file system (aka a file that will sit in your Downloads folder).

I wish there was info on whether or not Google plans to release a mid year update to the Pixelbook that uses the 8th gen Intel processors. Quad-core in 15W would be a perfect fir for a developer oriented machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003
Is there a way to locally sync/backup a google drive folder to an attached disk/usb drive?

What i'm really trying to figure out is, how to not have to re-download my entire photo library/other files every time I may need to powerwash a chromebook. Any ideas, or help here would definitely be appreciated!

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003
Base model pixel book is available for $250 off until June 17th. That’s a drat good deal.

https://store.google.com/product/google_pixelbook

Ethereal
Mar 8, 2003
Ugh my last blocker for moving over to a Chromebook is the inability to migrate over albums from Apple Photos to Google Photos. :(