Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've used MSOffice Online for the past few years (yay linux) and found no issues other than Excel macros, OneNote being poo poo (its gotten a lot better) and having account fatigue. I swear I have like 6 MSOffice accounts I have to switch between and its annoying.

But for writing, word online should be pretty good.

Haven't really used the Office for Android, but I bet it might solve the pesky "must be on internet" problem for using Office Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I lost mine

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It's probably compatibility. I've got power passthrough on a Dell D6000 and this Juiced

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've found the best options with this kind of thing is to switch to a beta branch of Chrome OS or just wait for an update.

I had a mouse cursor stuck on my Slate for 2 updates, and other annoying things that go away as Google fiddles with poo poo.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa wait what's all this advertising about using the newer Chromeos tablets as secondary monitors? Is this a thing I can do with my Slate or am I going to have to shell out $700 for a Yoga Tab 13 or whatever to get this?

I mean, that's about the cost of a portable secondary, but it also comes as a tablet. It's not a terrible idea...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I got excited and then I saw this

Rinkles posted:

E3:oh right, and there are Lock Screen ads

And now I'm angry. gently caress you Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Have any other Slate havers had issues with the Android version of Kindle showing a "This device is not compatible" after the most recent update?