Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I spilled water on my old 2016 14 inch Acer and now I am sitting on the trigger to the Lenovo S3300. Some googling shows someone complaining of an issue with using Bluetooth and streaming simultaneously, but apart from that it looks like the best option for me at the $200 level.

The old Acer, however, had an IPS panel, while the S3300 has a TN panel. But, it has the super thin bezel...a design I kind of have my heart set on. I tried to do a bit of comparison at Best Buy but the other, similar Lenovo has an IPS, I think. (So does my Lenovo tablet, the Yoga 3 plus. So that does me no good.)

Some of the reviews complain about the viewing angle on the S3300, but I have nothing to compare it to. I know everyone has a different standard for "it's fine," but I guess I'm asking if it's really that bad. I only plan to use it for YouTube and school work and pretty basic stuff. Thoughts? Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
Of course now I'm looking at the two Asus which are similar. The 14 inch C423na-dh02 and the 15.6 in C523na-dh02. Interestingly, they weigh the same and have the same screen resolution, which I think is less than the S330.
I don't know if the extra screen real estate is worth the extra inch in size over my old one, tho.

Anyone have any experience with either of these? Looks like I've got some more youtube research to do tonight. : )

Edit: to clarify my top 2 choices right now seem to be the S330 and the C423. The former has a higher resolution.

Wilkins Micawber fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 7, 2019

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

looking for another
Fallen Rib
ehhhh...I kinda panicked and tried to turn it on today. Oops lol. It's def getting power cuz the charging light is on. But the screen was on its way out. I had a couple of near-misses in the last month with random crashes and the screen showing weird banding/not turning on. It was time to upgrade anyway. I am worried the two I posted will be a big reduction in screen quality. I guess I'm still leaning toward the S330 because of the resolution vs the c423.

Wilkins Micawber fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 7, 2019