Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
I'm also in Canada looking for a rec!

Previous Chromebook: HP Chromebook 11 G4. 11.6" and bought in 2016.

I used it as my "travel laptop", something small, lightweight, secure. There to help me book/plan things while on vacation, and for transfering photos from my SD card to my external hard drive for backup. Something that was cheap enough that if something bad did happen to it, I wouldn't be that upset about it. It only cost me NZ$340 and I got excellent milage out of it!

I more or less want the exact same thing again, maybe under CAD$400?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Does there exist any good comparison sites for all the various Chromebooks? I want to narrow down my scope to 13" devices with an SD card slot, and would rather not have to go one by one on every single manufacturer website.