Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

My guess is Orlando would protect Isaac, Gordon, Vucevic, Simmons, and Fournier. Payton isn't an ideal point for them, but that's a tough cut anyway. Any of those guys who are left open are likely to be poached, and he's up for a new deal anyway. Vucevic might be an option, but if his hot start this year isn't just a fluke there's no way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there an immediate roster freeze, or would Orlando be able to quickly trade Payton in that scenario to avoid losing him for nothing?

I would assume there's a freeze or things would get ridiculous with every team with a good sixth player trying to dump them to a bad team for pennies.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Day Man posted:

I love Manu, but he's gonna retire in a year or maybe two tops

That said, a good strategy might be to take old guys who won't want to play for you and then have them retire en masses after the first year. Then again it probably poisons the well with all the agents so never mind bad idea

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Niwrad posted:

I don't think they protect Horford. Good player but not worth $30 million a year at that age. They have to protect Hayward, he's the second best player on the team.

Like the Magic they have too many people to protect, but they have the added consideration that you don't attract two big free agents only to leave them unprotected in these circumstances. Not if you want to keep attracting them

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Athanatos posted:

Hornets:

Nicolas Batum
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Frank Kaminsky
Malik Monk

Maybe?

Miami Heat
New Orleans Pels
Utah Jazz
Still unaccounted for if someone wants to take a crack

Woof, leaving Howard, MKG, AND Zeller unprotected. Not saying you're wrong but that's the three dudes on that team who play all the defense. I guess they can only lose one of them.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Day Man posted:

It looks like you can't build as good of a team as I initially thought, but still definitely a better team than the Bulls

It's gonna be a team that would wreck the Hawks or Bulls but get hosed up by all the other teams in the league. Maybe not Sacramento.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

If there's anyone not on the list, I'll add them, I became more expansive in my listing as I progressed. The only people left off are late second rounders who haven't played yet and don't have Tools.

My aim was to cover all the realistic candidates so someone else can put them in a google doc or something

To protect Gordon, Vucevic, Simmons, Fournier, and Isaac Orlando has to leave Ross and Payton open too. Or if they like Payton, Simmons maybe. Any of those three has to be major consideration.

• Locked thread