Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I ask this question almost every start and the only answer I ever get in return is "Fear the Beard! :downs:"

I'm sure he's like bearded shitbag Jake Arrieta in that he can be super dialed in and an ace, but he can also meltdown and be complete poo poo. Hopefully Keuchel doesn't blame everyone but himself though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Joe Buck has been tolerable so far.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This game feels over

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Kershaw has a nasty cutter.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

This game feels over

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Intruder posted:

This game feels over

That's because it is.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Kershaw gonna throw a no-no

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
He mad

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well...I could keep watching this, OR I could watch the Lions game.

:suicide:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sotar posted:

Joe Buck has been tolerable so far.

It's been a long and arduous 17 year journey but Joe has finally learned the ability to emote.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's been a long and arduous 17 year journey but Joe has finally learned the ability to emote.

I still wish we had Gary Thorne.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh drat #boycottbuck actually mattered? You are kidding. That dude is the most milquetoast announcer since loving Dick Enberg.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

45 pitches through two innings is just crazy.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Now all they have to do is light up Clayton Kershaw nbd

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros going to have to go to....that bullpen early.

I mean, it's not over, but it's looking awfully bleak right now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SourKraut posted:

45 pitches through two innings is just crazy.

It doesn't matter, Kershaw staked to a three run lead is about as big a lock as it can be this early

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Astros going to have to go to....that bullpen early.

I mean, it's not over, but it's looking awfully bleak right now.

Might as well use McHugh unless Kershaw has an uncharacteristic breakdown

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah, the Astros are done.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Intruder posted:

It doesn't matter, Kershaw staked to a three run lead is about as big a lock as it can be this early

There's always hope: just remember Game 6 of the 2013 NLCS.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
For sale: 1 partially toasted Dallas Keuchel. Will trade for one or two decent bats*

Not a metaphor, literal bats. Maybe a nice Louisville or Marucci.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
From game 2:

Intruder posted:

Let's be honest this series was over before it began

The bats were ice cold and despite the two wins at home that didn't really change much, and the Dodgers have been just rollling

Intruder posted:

I have honestly come to the point where I wish the Yankees had won the ALCS

Kirios didn't post that night or I'd have his dumb poo poo here too

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

From game 2:

I mean... the Yankees probably would have put up more of a fight. Plus Puig vs. Judge seems like fun.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SourKraut posted:

I mean... the Yankees probably would have put up more of a fight. Plus Puig vs. Judge seems like fun.

Hm yes this tied series going into game 5 hasn't been much of a fight

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I would love nothing more to eat crow and admit that I was way too pessimistic and counted them out too early.

If the Astros win the World Series this year I'll stop being pessimistic and defeated about every drat thing that goes against the Rockets, Astros or Texans.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kirios posted:

I would love nothing more to eat crow and admit that I was way too pessimistic and counted them out too early.

If the Astros win the World Series this year I'll stop being pessimistic and defeated about every drat thing that goes against the Rockets, Astros or Texans.

No you won't

shut up

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kirios posted:

I'm afraid that isn't quite toxx enough; what weird food items are you gonna bring to the table

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress man are you kidding me? Having one championship to experience would be fantastic. I'd get to be that guy that wears a sports team title shirt for 10 years too long. That sounds incredible.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hm yes this tied series going into game 5 hasn't been much of a fight

Astros bats have gone ice cold and the bullpen has melted back down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SourKraut posted:

It's 3-0 in the 3rd inning of Game 5 of a tied series. What exactly would constitute "putting up a fight"?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

It's 3-0 in the 3rd inning of Game 5 of a tied series. What exactly would constitute "putting up a fight"?

Getting a hit on Kershaw.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Keuchel looks settled in but maaaaaan I don't think the bats are going to help him out on this one.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Things feel tepid after that first inning. That's a hell of an opener.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SourKraut posted:

Astros bats have gone ice cold and the bullpen has melted back down.

Yes it would seem that way if I could only remember the last 8 innings of baseball that were played :thunk:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm afraid that isn't quite toxx enough; what weird food items are you gonna bring to the table

I'll buy a filet mignon and burn it to a crisp, then eat it doused in Heinz ketchup.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes it would seem that way if I could only remember the last 8 innings of baseball that were played :thunk:

It's almost like you can't base what hitters do against one pitcher against what they do against others. They were pretty cold against Kershaw in Game 1 unless you've already forgotten.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

TheChirurgeon posted:

From game 2:

:laffo: If you'd been posting here longer than two weeks you'd realize when this team is beaten mentally. 3-0 in a Kershaw game with the next two games in LA? There's a difference between staying positive and outright irrational thinking.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Barbaric

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:laffo: If you'd been posting here longer than two weeks you'd realize when this team is beaten mentally. 3-0 in a Kershaw game with the next two games in LA? There's a difference between staying positive and outright irrational thinking.

A compelling reason to leave, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SourKraut posted:

Getting a hit on Kershaw.

Getting shut down for three innings by one of the best pitchers of a generation isn't exactly shameful. It's called playoff baseball. The other teams are good too.

• Locked thread