Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Dota 2 is a game supported and balanced by Valve Corporation, a company that has not made a game in over ten years.

the new hero is a teen girl promoting the failed netflix anime i think idk

How do I, against my better judgment, play this game with other goons?

warily join us on this discord

Wangsbig fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
pretty glad they finally ported hots over to steam

cementsocks
Jun 28, 2007
Zombies, Zombies, Zombies
Winning mid is more important than ever, this patch...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This comes from a period known as WMLATT- Winning My Lane All The Time.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
can't wait to see n[o]one dumpstering fools with bane mid. Io seems outright broken in pubs. the death of shrine is most definitely A Good Thing.

Welcome back dotes thread.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
what a time to be a gamer

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I can't believe my good friend Poor Man's Shield is dead.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

I can't believe my good friend Poor Man's Shield is dead.

I'm glad of it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pangolier in Boots is neat.

Edit - "Flying Courier upgrade can no longer be purchased. Courier now upgrades automatically at 3 minutes."

Oh good.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 31, 2017

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
At a certain point in every game, nanomashoes will announce that he had won his lane, and therefore he just doesn't know how things got this way.

Also I've been bouncing around test servers and had a few thoughts on the new heroes

First, the fairy is definitely crazy strong and fun with probably too many disables and damage on pretty short cooldown, but I could see her being tricky and a bit poo poo if she's a hard 5 with no experience. The bushes she summons go up nigh instantly, and so long as there's not a bunch of creeps in the way it's insanely good for locking down pretty much any amount of heroes, on top of the high damage each root does. The phase with no downside and a damage boost at the end is insane for survivability and damage, and probably makes her a pretty decent offlaner by itself. The ticking timebomb AoE stun seems really good and strong as a combo skill, as you can insta-drop it on top of any kind of root or stun and not have to worry about overlap.

Her ults are both silly strong, with the wisp ball making GBS threads out damage on a 15! second cooldown, and her large AoE fear comboing with her roots and AoE stun for a truly stupid amount of lockdown. On top of this, she has good base damage and a fantastic attack animation. She's definitely going to be an early contender for the coveted "Most annoying little poo poo of the Patch" award.

The other new hero, the musketeer pangolin, is definitely fun and interesting, with a bunch of unique tools. His dash stab is tricky to effectively use, because it's got a long, thin vector target hitbox where you select your dash spot, then which direction you stab in. Outside of that, his Q has a mix of absurd range and good damage, plus it can pick up attack modifiers like diffusal blade to really stack on the damage. His W is a big thunderclap, which makes you a bit tankier with every enemy you can hit. His passive is a long slow which tears off base armor, so it's pretty good mixed with his q, but at 15% proc rate isn't really worth building around. His ult turns him into an unstunnable bowling ball straight out of sonic, which stuns enemies you touch and can bounce with W for lots of damage. It's a hilariously fun skill, especially pinballing down the river and bouncing off every wall.

He's definitely a hero that's almost entirely reliant on hitting his skillshot. Get Orb of Venom to lane and a blight stone into diffusal, and land your Q. If you can land the Q without getting yourself merc'd, you're going to get a lot of procs off of everything and murder pretty much anyone. You can roll into teamfights or out of lovely situations, but he's squishy so if you dash yourself into the wrong spot you're going to get blown right up. Shadow blade is really good on him, and you can actually use it while rolling and be an invisible bowling ball. Blink also works while you're rolling, and is hilarious, but probably not that great at actually winning you the game.

Anyway the patch is great fun and full of good changes, and there's nothing more terrifying then a slardar charging at you up a river at 700 movespeed holy poo poo

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
These new patch notes are looking good, Crystal Maiden looking pretty poo poo atm but my other favorites Spirit Breaker seems stronger than before as I usually stack evasion items like halberd and solar crest anyways in 2k shitter, Clockwerk with true sight talent seems good. Might give Riki a try too

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I just bought Puck, which summoner spells should I run on him?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

people say these new heroes look like LoL heroes but they're actually more like HoN heroes if you think about it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Posting in the third active dota thread on these forums

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Minorkos posted:

people say these new heroes look like LoL heroes but they're actually more like HoN heroes if you think about it

I was saying that to one of my friend. It's even more apparent when you look at all the tags pangolin has. A tanky DPS with a cc ability and an escape! Wow, just what this game needs more of!

. More than anything they look like some Dreamworks ripoff and :gay: as h*ck.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

. More than anything they look like some Dreamworks ripoff and :gay: as h*ck.

Yeah, it's great

I'm so ready to run some dumb Bane rightclick carry build while mashing New Meta on the chat wheel

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Arzachel posted:

Yeah, it's great

I'm so ready to run some dumb Bane rightclick carry build while mashing New Meta on the chat wheel

I'd be happy with the Bane changes but nothing was more satisfying then getting a self deny with nightmare. :(

7 free seconds of autoattacks!

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Are mangos good now?

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
new heros are just a distraction to how they added super -em to the game now

if laning phase actually matters again that'd be neat. suicidal off-laners have been completely useless for a while now and resulted in a game that's boring as gently caress waiting for everyone to farm then 5-ball the rest of the game.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

I buy Meteor Hammer on every hero

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well they're sure not worries about trying new poo poo.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JPJ mad posting about the new patch makes this thread official.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

JPJ mad posting about the new patch makes this thread official.

he isn't saying anything bad about the patch but it still looks like complaining lmao

i wonder if this new patch is just going to be a replay of 7.00 of people going "wow look at all this crazy new poo poo" and then "wow this is loving terrible" immediately afterwards. at least there are new heroes. one would hope that this starts a trend of regularly released new heroes to make this game seem less like a dead game, but knowing valve they'll just go back to releasing new loot boxes and shuffling numbers around instead

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

cementsocks posted:

Winning mid is more important than ever, this patch...

50% of all mids lose

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Minorkos posted:

he isn't saying anything bad about the patch but it still looks like complaining lmao

i wonder if this new patch is just going to be a replay of 7.00 of people going "wow look at all this crazy new poo poo" and then "wow this is loving terrible" immediately afterwards. at least there are new heroes. one would hope that this starts a trend of regularly released new heroes to make this game seem less like a dead game, but knowing valve they'll just go back to releasing new loot boxes and shuffling numbers around instead

Breaking high ground will probably be a net gain overall, adding Normal Person Mode might make the game as fun to play solo as other mobas, most of the hero changes seem focused around level 25 aka "the phase where everyone gets a little samey" which is good.

All of this is moot though in the face of the worst change: Tinker can now refresh 9 items.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tinker with the new Anti One-shot (Aeon Disk) item is gonna be a pain if he can refresh it. Along with any other annoying splitpushers.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minorkos posted:

It reads as complaining about the patch having the Turbo Mode, which is good and important if you want people to bother with the game long term.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

Posting in the third active dota thread on these forums

'active' is a really strong word to use for a thread by a tragically exiled poster that got like two posts a week, and the other thread appears to be a bunch of grown?? men??? commentating live on the actions and achievements of actual children, which this poster honestly wants nothing to do with.

this thread, under the wise leadership of respected and known gamer 'wangsbig', will foster a thriving community and breathe life into this dead game and forum

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I'm ready for the new new dota. We must be up to dota 4, by now

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Death Bot posted:

I'm ready for the new new dota. We must be up to dota 4, by now

actually we are eagerly awaiting the full release of the dota 2 beta

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Minorkos posted:

I have high hopes for this patch making the game at least bearable, due to easy mode and high ground changes. there has probably never been a patch as bad as the last one so it will at least be a net gain. quote this when i turn out to be wrong

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Is the beefy crunch back yet

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Death Bot posted:

Is the beefy crunch back yet

it never left.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Was this patch a good one

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

I only played HotS for when I wanted a 20-minute game instead of a 57th minute abandon. Hopefully -em will give me this, and more.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Orb Memorial Post

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Did they finally kill the orb?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How many true incompatible orbs were left before this patch killed them anyways

All I can think of is antimage, maybe impetus???

E: I'm sad shadow demon didnt get a L25 talent that added shadow poison to his attacks

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I'd like to try learning how to play this game for at least the third time now, could anyone suggest some guides for people new to the DOTA? I assume that they haven't made the ingame tutorial any better at not getting you yelled at in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

broodmother no longer going invis is an interesting change