Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

i'm gonna hope I have fun in dota 2 for once after this patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Neon Belly posted:

What are Black Baby Goku's thoughts on-- :(

Ask his pocket mod instead.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

turboraton posted:

Ask his pocket mod instead.

please don't start posting the things that are going to get the thread gassed again

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsz9FLRR7d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GPQgHxwyk

Base stats? Stat growth? Eh who cares

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
For gods sake they ruined broodmother. gently caress this game. Uninstalled and for good. gently caress You valve and gently caress The insectoid chinese “race” and makes the decisions for this game.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

*millions of winged insects start vibrating and clicking (their language) in unison* Ahhh good, the new patch for dota 2 is done.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Liquid Drink posted:

*millions of winged insects start vibrating and clicking (their language) in unison* Ahhh good, the new patch for dota 2 is done.

wgat

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

This game is certifiable AIDS

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I can’t believe that league of legends is somehow more deep than this game now. They simplified it for normies and ruined any fun this game once was. Hurrrr let’s let braindead hive mind chinese design the game. For for fucks sake.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Drink posted:

The insectoid chinese “race”

Liquid Drink posted:

Hurrrr let’s let braindead hive mind chinese design the game. For for fucks sake.

:same:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Gas this thread, and gas the valve offices. Anyone who is still playing this game makes Terri Shiavo look Mensa caliber.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it never gets old watching someone react when their main gets changed, it's always a roller coaster of emotions

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
bbg already melting down in thread day one

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

bbg already melting down in thread day one

there is no proof of this person posting the exact words and opinions of bbg being bbg. it would be good if the thread was not gassed before the patch, but instead after when we find out it is bad

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

here are some of the more notable talent changes in video form for the illiterate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYT9Im28l6A

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This new patch looks good. This means I'll play 10 games before I remember how bad I was and then I'll go play something else.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Turbo mode seems like a fun time with friends.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Not that I expect a cogent response, but what about these changes are chinesey? And by what metric is this game less mechanically deep than lol?

No more UAMs and creep reward changes seem crazy. Any chance stacking lifesteal it's useful? From my reading, xp had leveled out for a given wave, though ranged gold bounties and deny xp rewards/penalties are boosted?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I’ll address a few points:

1) I am not BBG, this is a parody account made to act and talk just like him

2) broodmother was already wildly unpopular and bad to play, these changes made her only ability (invisibility) that was worthwhile, now nothing? It’s really telling how easily valve ruins characters

3) why wait for the patch to predict this game is loving retarded and made for Down’s syndrome normies now

4) if you have to ask why something is “chinese manufactures” now, you have brain aids and need to get your mandatory FEMA injection post haste.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Let’s face the facts:

When I played this (sober from this game since 7.00 which was the last straw for this game) I was better than everyone posting in this thread by a country mile. It was proven time and time again through 1v1 and also my Very High Skill rating. You can trust me on this, the game is dead, and made for normie retards now. So if you continue you post here and talk about playing dota, you will admit to being such.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
broodmother might actually be less trash now that she isn't dumpstered the moment she's revealed and taking damage. Think Winter Wyvern but without needing to burn mana (after placing the webs obviously).

the only "chinesey" thing I could think of for the notes is that most of the changes are centered on level 25 talents, but that's not that far away now and a good number of them help out strong early heroes that fall off a bit lategame.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ILL Machina posted:

Not that I expect a cogent response, but what about these changes are chinesey? And by what metric is this game less mechanically deep than lol?

No more UAMs and creep reward changes seem crazy. Any chance stacking lifesteal it's useful? From my reading, xp had leveled out for a given wave, though ranged gold bounties and deny xp rewards/penalties are boosted?

idk how someone both deploys the word 'cogent' and then asks what makes something 'chinesey' but I will go into the rest of your post in a desperate effort to save this thread from the gas chamber before the patch comes out.

have you seen a league champ lately? every champ has 4 abilities that all do 12 things and employ vector targeting and poo poo it's nuts and I don't know how a new player can even begin to approach that game.

Creep/XP changes not actually crazy or something that should be actively considered by most of the playerbase. click creeps.

UAM changes not crazy, mostly a non-issue as of last patch when there were basically none and will continue to be.

stacking lifesteal unlikely to be worthwhile on anyone because there is an item called satanic in the game.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wangsbig posted:

idk how someone both deploys the word 'cogent' and then asks what makes something 'chinesey' but I will go into the rest of your post in a desperate effort to save this thread from the gas chamber before the patch comes out.

have you seen a league champ lately? every champ has 4 abilities that all do 12 things and employ vector targeting and poo poo it's nuts and I don't know how a new player can even begin to approach that game.

Creep/XP changes not actually crazy or something that should be actively considered by most of the playerbase. click creeps.

UAM changes not crazy, mostly a non-issue as of last patch when there were basically none and will continue to be.

stacking lifesteal unlikely to be worthwhile on anyone because there is an item called satanic in the game.

Thank you, one of the only sane posters in this thread besides me.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
brood is better now

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Neurolimal posted:

broodmother might actually be less trash now that she isn't dumpstered the moment she's revealed and taking damage. Think Winter Wyvern but without needing to burn mana (after placing the webs obviously).

the only "chinesey" thing I could think of for the notes is that most of the changes are centered on level 25 talents, but that's not that far away now and a good number of them help out strong early heroes that fall off a bit lategame.

Anyone who got “dumpstered” once revealed as brood is probably chinese or Chilean Jungle Zeus tier poo poo.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

brood is better now

You should try not being 1k poo poo and thinking your opinion matters or that anyone here gives a poo poo what you have to say lol.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah thanks. Made the mistake of responding to not-BBG. I just didn't know what a Chinese-centric change would be. And, no, I haven't seen LoL heroes and most of the criticism I hear about hero design seems to be driven more by the fact there are >100 to compare them to and that only new concepts are graphically instead of mechanically driven.

Only "crazy" thing about creeps was not having to focus so intently on the range creep. I appreciate you otherwise putting me in my place, Mr AlphaBigWang.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 31, 2017

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

please, please, MISTER alphabigwang is my father

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
what number are you in line of alphabigwang, are you just a jr or do you put roman numerals behind your name

do you tell people you come from a long line of alphabigwangs

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whats the hero tier list for this game

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its the hero you like >>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else no nerfs please or the hero you like <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< eveyrone else plese buff

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

S+- tier: techies, antimage, boboka treant

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am not going to gas the thread. It was going OK until the Liquid spilled from the Drink.

LD just be more chill if you are going to post in this thread. You may hate the changes to a character, but it does not justify going off on a tirade at other people for playing this game. Thanks man!

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
What's everyone's favorite dota memory? I don't play anymore but without dota I may have done drugs or had premarital sex in highschool.

I was 15 years old on Garena (because i had graduated from b.net scrubs and my wc3 was pirated) and I Knew For A Fact that I was the best Gondar player in the world. I had figured out that 2 points into stealth gave me unlimited invisibility WITHOUT PICKING RIKIMARU. I knew all the tango jukespots. I had even figured out that you could refill your bottle without going back to base.

So obviously armed with this highly advanced knowledge (and my boots+5 battlefury build) I stomped nearly every match I was in for the entire summer of 2005. Only as Gondar. If Gondar was picked before me I would say "rmk pls graphic glitch" and leave.

Honestly I really miss the naive b.net/garena playerbases back then. No game is going to have that kind of skill gap ever again. These days everyone knows what is best and tries to do it (albiet terribly in low MMRs).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I am not going to gas the thread. It was going OK until the Liquid spilled from the Drink.

LD just be more chill if you are going to post in this thread. You may hate the changes to a character, but it does not justify going off on a tirade at other people for playing this game. Thanks man!

bbg only has full tilt, you gotta aim him somewhere productive like at pedos or something

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
broodmother becoming invisible in webs never made sense anyways, who becomes -less- aware of a spider when they see a web

it would make more sense if like, she was a waterspider, and she made pools of water, actually cut the spider part, broodmother is now a vampire squid that spawns microsquids

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
BM is going to suck even harder now, her spiders are going to be so easy to farm.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

who becomes -less- aware of a spider when they see a web

If movies and TV are anything to go by, lots of people and animals.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Twist And Pout! posted:

What's everyone's favorite dota memory? I don't play anymore but without dota I may have done drugs or had premarital sex in highschool.

I miss Chen. Smoke ganking every lane since lvl1, taking towers, raxing by minute 15... I loved that poo poo. Too bad laning and strategy and distinct hero roles aren't a thing anymore and Chen just kinda teleports or blinks around the map along with his ancient creep army because reasons :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I haven't played this game in years. Last patch I played was like 6.8x or something? I dunno, it was when DOTA turned into Mario Kart. What in the world did they do to the laning phase since then?