Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Turbo is usually toxic and it feels like the matchmaker has a wide range it's willing to pull from to exacerbate that. Lots of players on long losing streaks slamming that play button and picking fights on their own team within the first 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have not played dota for 30 days and its been pretty great. My buddy who comes round to get stoned and hit creeps every Friday hopes its just a phase and ill be back playing soon but i think I've grown to hate all the parts of dota that people complain about.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
See you tomorrow.

hahayup
Sep 14, 2007

thick lush back hair. someone get me a pony.
In my short tenure playing this game I have definitely noticed Turbo is more toxic although I'm still playing unranked All Pick as I haven't hit 100 hours yet. I can imagine once I start playing ranked things will change

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat I miss hon. i also kind of miss league from the like 2012 era where every ability scaled with both attack damage and ability power so you could do goofy builds

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
the queue time difference beween pos 4 and 5 is absolutely abysmal. It's taking me almost as long as core queue to get into a game as 4. :psyduck:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

drat I miss hon. i also kind of miss league from the like 2012 era where every ability scaled with both attack damage and ability power so you could do goofy builds

league before they forced the euro meta on everyone was pretty good. also sucks for me they ruined my two favorite heroes (sion and yorick).

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

the queue time difference beween pos 4 and 5 is absolutely abysmal. It's taking me almost as long as core queue to get into a game as 4. :psyduck:

That's because '4' stands for 4th core.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

TOOT BOOT posted:

That's because '4' stands for 4th core.

We need wards????

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
protip: kotl is busted rn and probably the best 4 since mirana got nerfed, she's still good though.

skip illuminate as long as possible (it'sdecent if you have a core that really likes stacks), blast people with blinding light whenever you trade, laugh in their stupid sad faces.

ult issues aside he's actually really good with ns, also guys like necro and pango.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Yeah I've been playing a lot of KotL with maxing Blinding Light and with chakra you can spam it so much in lane. It's pretty good!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Mirana is still a strong 4

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the high skill players are taking breaks from the game cause of matchmaking. Either you 5v5 splerge, which most people don't do, or you have ancients in 2/5 of your team. And there is no 'symmetry' whatsoever, that was a total made up lie. 7k mid vs. 4k mid, good luck game's over in 15 minutes wait 20 minutes for your next one.

e: Just queued into a game where my safelane naix farmed a midas AFTER they took one set of rax. Mind you, this is after I dominated the offlane WK+Willow and had their mid gank bottom for 8 straight minutes because it was getting wrecked so badly. Supposedly an 'immortal' game, but I've seen more brain cells used in turbo mode herald bracket. 4k hero damage safelane core!

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 3, 2019

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
How long do people wait queuing for core roles on average because I decided to select everything but Hard Support and now I am Support in literally every game and it pops almost instantly

Jay-Roden
Jul 22, 2018

My leg is hungry.

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!
The discord invite is broken, if it's still around/alive is it possible to get a link?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Jay-Roden posted:

The discord invite is broken, if it's still around/alive is it possible to get a link?

im pretty sure i deleted it gamer. feel free to make a new one and ill link it in the OP. also feel free to make a new OP why's this thread still here lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Haha my buddy finished his calibration at Guardian 1 and is properly crushed. He's considering making a 4th! account for god sake.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Another gentle gamer harpooned by the injustice of Valve's obviously inaccurate and unfair calibration system that artificially keeps talents like him down in the dumps.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Haha my buddy finished his calibration at Guardian 1 and is properly crushed. He's considering making a 4th! account for god sake.

Don't dox me, please.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

If turbo had ranked medals, I would be Divine 7.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
ranked matchmaking got an update and I seriously hope it works out. Divine/Immortal has been such a shitshow.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I think it's better?...
I was also kinda peeved at the long queues à la Official Reddit Complaint Post™...but I'm feeling like the skill-quality has very slightly increased.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MoaM posted:

I think it's better?...
I was also kinda peeved at the long queues à la Official Reddit Complaint Post™...but I'm feeling like the skill-quality has very slightly increased.

My lowest mmr just faced their highest mid (about 900 mmr difference between the two), got completely stomped. My 4 position support thought just buying wards is enough to earn praise. Feels exactly the same to me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is a smurf in like a third of my games now in poo poo rear end Archon/Crusader land? I don't know if matchmaking is hosed now for high mmr but its pretty weird that all the anti-smurfing stuff seems (anecdotally) to have produced way more of them.

The after pick screen ruins all the suspense because it always shows the new player who is somehow like 15-3 on Invoker

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Anecdotal but I've experienced better matches since the last change. Much more even. High 3k/low 4k.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Match quality has been worse for me at 5.5k

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Visage is one of those heroes that makes people go nuts. They see one bird that doesn't go the right way one time or stuns that aren't perfectly timed and they immediately think "better flame that guy"

Personally I think the reasons we lost were
1) our safelaner was a firstpick Pudge who ended with the lowest GPM
2) after seeing the Pudge core, knowing we needed physical damage, our other cores picked Earthshaker and Zeus
3) our safelaner and offlaner (Earthshaker) laned together in the safelane, scoring a collective 17 last hits in the first 10 minutes vs. Drow/Silencer
4) our midlaner Zeus left the mid lane at minute 8

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

pudge/earthshaker safe lane both going for last hits sounds cursed as hell tbh

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kild posted:

Match quality has been worse for me at 5.5k

Same. :shrug:

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

TheFlyingLlama posted:

pudge/earthshaker safe lane both going for last hits sounds cursed as hell tbh

I should just not buy items if my lineup is that hosed up until I know the lanes, because I could've bought items to contest top.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Just thought of something. Pangolier with Lich's Sinister Gaze becomes Pango-Leer

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

This patch is nuts, I don’t even know where to start.

http://www.dota2.com/outlanders

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
initial reaction is that neutral drops are going to add a level of randomness that i don't think the game necessarily needs. don't love that. rest looks cool.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Agreed, though some of the others i'm not sure about.

Not sure what naix's job is now that he doesn't shred high hp dudes.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
nothing like having a close 70 min game come down to the wire then end bc someone got a free aegis from a neutral camp or pa got 250 AS

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Why do they keep buffing the worst Rubick talent just change it to something else already :negative:

That lycan aghs is pretty hilarious though; finally an actually useful aghs

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Patch is very interesting, certainly makes me look forward to watching pro games.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

heres a blast from the past bitch https://www.twitch.tv/wangsbig

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Neon Belly posted:

This patch is nuts, I don’t even know where to start.

http://www.dota2.com/outlanders

And here I thought Dota jumped the shark back in 6.78

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
dota has officially jumped the shark with rng item drops