Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Ezzer posted:

The "disruptive gameplay" report option should include "picked natures prophet and spent the entire game jungling and spamming ult"

i mean it sorta does, it's not like they review reports anyways so if someone plays like a huge rear end in a top hat just report em and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Does reporting even do anything? I'm a huge rear end in a top hat and I've never gotten any sort of penalty

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I haven't played in almost a year and having some distance from it now I realize how horrible my attitude as a Dota player was. I'd probably be Immortal right now if I spent even 25% as much time improving as I did flaming.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

dr.acula posted:

Does reporting even do anything? I'm a huge rear end in a top hat and I've never gotten any sort of penalty

Yeah, you theoretically get matched with people who have similar report profiles (behavior scores) as you, and you can risk low prio if it gets too bad.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I haven't played in almost a year and having some distance from it now I realize how horrible my attitude as a Dota player was. I'd probably be Immortal right now if I spent even 25% as much time improving as I did flaming.

Same, except I hadn't regularly messed with it since 2017. I've been enjoying it now that the world is on fire and getting mad at dota just doesn't even seem to be an option.

That being said, I can't really play more than like two games a day now, but I like them more.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got the new ultra rare mirana set did i gently caress up in opening it or am i gonna be able to piece it out on the market

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

bundles usually go for more than the individual set pieces, so you did gently caress up a bit

you can still sell the individual parts, though only after TI 11 so you're probably looking at 2 years out or so lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well at least ill get to use it in the meantime then

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My Rylai wheel stopped on roll again 3 times in a row and on the 3rd time it looked like it was going to hit the Arcana but the game froze and crashed, when I got back in I received some lovely treasure from 6 years ago. gently caress this idiot game.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Do people still play this and is there is a discord invite to where people play this that isn't expired?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Alchenar posted:

Do people still play this and is there is a discord invite to where people play this that isn't expired?

There's a GOON guild, but you have to get noticed in the lljk channel or search for it and add officers to your stream friends and poke them for an invite.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Please hit me up on steam for an invite to the guild. If there's still space I'll get you in there.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ponchisg

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was at 2-1 in battle gauntlet last night and winning comfortably before a very dispiriting throw in the roshan pit. had a pretty strong team comp imo with abaddon and huskar and bat but if there is an issue with the meta in my skill level right now its that the team with more carries tends to win more often than not. i have taken to banning phantom lancer in every game because pubs let him get to critical mass much too easily

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Super No Vacancy posted:

the team with more carries tends to win more often than not.

This is true in all brackets right now. Don't draft yourself into a timer.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I wasn't going to bother to disable the profanity filter but last night I tried to type to my teammate "don't tank a whole creep wave" and it came out "don't tank ******* creep wave" :doh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive seen cosmetic descriptions and maybe even a skill description thats been asterisked out lol

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ezzer posted:

I wasn't going to bother to disable the profanity filter but last night I tried to type to my teammate "don't tank a whole creep wave" and it came out "don't tank ******* creep wave" :doh:

the profanity filter is really bad, it's on the level of Dark Souls censoring the word "Knight" in player names despite the fact that every character in Dark Souls is named Knight something or other

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Battlefield 5's word filter blocked out, and I'm not kidding here, the phrase 'Let's all have a good game.'

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I love how the filter even gets compendium voice lines. My friend and I heard the "Spicy!" yell and saw a bunch of asterisks and burst out laughing

Also yeah this is another Spectre/big carry patch. Deaths give out a million EXP and a decent amount of gold so if you live through a fight you come out with a huge advantage

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super No Vacancy posted:

ive seen cosmetic descriptions and maybe even a skill description thats been asterisked out lol

****ter Blast Core

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I love how the filter even gets compendium voice lines. My friend and I heard the "Spicy!" yell and saw a bunch of asterisks and burst out laughing

Also yeah this is another Spectre/big carry patch. Deaths give out a million EXP and a decent amount of gold so if you live through a fight you come out with a huge advantage

How is comeback gold/XP now?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Boatswain posted:

How is comeback gold/XP now?

Hard to explain, but there's basically no "comeback" mechanic outside of how the regular EXP gain works. Hero gold is barely a factor, but you always get a solid amount of EXP from kills regardless, so if one team is way ahead from kills, their levels will be way higher. So, if you win a fight as a lower-level team against a team of enemies who are like three levels ahead of you, of course you're gonna get a lot of levels out of that. But, if you're playing someone like Alchemist, who generates a ton of gold and not necessarily levels, they won't get a huge bonus for killing you because your level will be so similar.

All that being said, because standard EXP gain is so high, it seems way harder to actually stage a comeback because you can just get rolled. I still see high-level games end at the 20-25 minute mark because the safelane NP gets a 9 minute orchid and slaughters every lane. Spectre works in pubs because there's always the chance of a bungled teamfight or the enemy wont know when to end, but I'm not sure if that will transfer to pro play. High MMR I'm seeing Ursa/NP all the way down

e: someone asked me why I didn't like support players

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 9, 2020

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/1/14/Vo_disruptor_dis_move_10.mp3

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
why arent you streaming

e; this read like a poo poo post but the wangstream was great

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

dr.acula posted:

My Rylai wheel stopped on roll again 3 times in a row and on the 3rd time it looked like it was going to hit the Arcana but the game froze and crashed, when I got back in I received some lovely treasure from 6 years ago. gently caress this idiot game.

Roll again means there's some connection issue with the server. The game is just window dressing anyway, you get the item determined the second you go, your spin strength doesn't do anything I think. I know people have seen that the item appears in your inventory right then and not when it finishes.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

life_source posted:

why arent you streaming

e; this read like a poo poo post but the wangstream was great

He just got back from Upland Druud, chill.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

the Stack is reforged and playing riot games' "league of legends". you may catch us in two weeks time when i have moved into my gaming den

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Wangsbig posted:

the Stack is reforged and playing riot games' "league of legends". you may catch us in two weeks time when i have moved into my gaming den

boo this man

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

people who pick nature's prophet as position 5 and immediately try to transition to core can gently caress right off

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

people who pick nature's prophet as position 5 and immediately try to transition to core can gently caress right off

this is every single one of my games. I'm pretty much 100% offlane and the support will always be at best a very soft core hero. then they don't buy any support items and sit off to the side of the lane leeching exp waiting for you to be harassed back or miss a last hit at which point they scream about you being poo poo and start trying to take all the farm.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I do the NP thing except during the laning phase I buy Blight Stone and do nothing but harass the enemy heroes out of lane

and I buy orchid which uh TECHNICALLY is a support item, because if silencing the enemy is not supporting the team I dont know what is

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think there are a lot of 'core' heroes like NP or Pango or whatever who can situationally really good as a support that do badly in pubs just because people who want to try it still buy whatever the shop guide for the hero recommends. Like support Lesh gets very little from a bloodstone but I still see it all the time because (last I checked) its in the guide as a core item for him and people sort of lose critical thinking in close games and just buy from the list.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Consuming space as a 5 instead of making space by fighting and pushing or going around the map to get and deny vision is really bad. If you wanna play core just do that instead of trying to game the role queue system

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

legion commander is really fast zoooooom

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Whats the right combination of settings to get both abilities and items on instant-cast?

Right now if I push Q it instantly casts my Q where my mouse is, but if I press an item button it makes me target and click a second time. This is super confusing and I want my items to act like my spells.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

Whats the right combination of settings to get both abilities and items on instant-cast?

Right now if I push Q it instantly casts my Q where my mouse is, but if I press an item button it makes me target and click a second time. This is super confusing and I want my items to act like my spells.

there's an enable quickcast for items under the item hotkeys

a tip i learned in a BSJ video: you should try disabling quickcast on some aoe spells, so you still get the indicator before committing. pretty useful on void ult and lina stun, but I don't use it on "line" aoe spells like snapfire's shotgun or qop ult. try it out on different spells and see what you like.

another thing that helped me when i made the jump to quickcast was to also set it on the attack key, to keep everything nice and consistent

Plank Walker fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 29, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I do the NP thing except during the laning phase I buy Blight Stone and do nothing but harass the enemy heroes out of lane

and I buy orchid which uh TECHNICALLY is a support item, because if silencing the enemy is not supporting the team I dont know what is

If you buy Daedalus you can kill the enemy and then they can't cast spells either, which is supporting the team and I will die on this hill

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alchenar posted:

If you buy Daedalus you can kill the enemy and then they can't cast spells either, which is supporting the team and I will die on this hill

I'm willing to back you up on this one

Also I will always concede lane/camp farm to my teammates, the good thing about 4-pos NP is that you can get away with farming places your teammates normally couldn't, like enemy jungle camps you see with your treants that you can ult, lanes that are too far pushed in for a hero without a blink/global TP, or enemy heroes

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

MAKE 👏 LIFESTEALER 👏 STEAL 👏 LIFE 👏 AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ezzer posted:

MAKE 👏 LIFESTEALER 👏 STEAL 👏 LIFE 👏 AGAIN

did open wounds get removed