Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
N: So it's very likely that Paxton Lynch will get the start at Philadelphia
V: Whatever. The Broncos don't have a prayer anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
They shoulda signed Kap.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vengarr posted:

"The Dolphins are frustrated because they’ve asked Landry time and time and time again to buy in to what the coaching staff is selling, to do it their way. And he hasn’t. He didn’t last year and that’s probably the reason he didn’t get an extension this offseason."

Everyone on that team is either going through the motions or actively sniping at coaches and they think the players are the problem? :laffo:

can't have the inmates running the prison

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I completely forgot about Ajayi being left home before the Seahawks game in 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I completely forgot about Ajayi being left home before the Seahawks game in 2016

yeah the attitude thing has been a problem for a while I guess

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I don't really see how trading an average RB is a lol for the Dolphins :shrug: seems like he didn't give a poo poo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

seiferguy posted:

Russell Wilson renegotiated his contract to convert salary to bonus in order for Seattle to accommodate Duane Brown.

Wait what's happening with Duane Brown?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't really see how trading an average RB is a lol for the Dolphins :shrug: seems like he didn't give a poo poo

He was the 4th leading RB in yds last year...hardly average.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He was granted work release in Seattle :v:

(Did you not see any of the news yesterday?)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cash Monet posted:

Is it common for front office people to leave at 5 or is this as bad as it sounds?

We're headed for 0-16, he's in charge of the roster and he's not making any special effort into avoiding putting up the worst team in league history.

It's really loving bad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Seahawks traded Jeremy Lane a 5th and a second in 2019 for Brown.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I would unironically like Vontae Davis back.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eli Wiggum posted:

N: So it's very likely that Paxton Lynch will get the start at Philadelphia
V: Whatever. The Broncos don't have a prayer anyway

At least we'll get to see how bad he really is

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
It's not like Ajayi's been great this season and there's always been an attitude problem, but Miami don't even have a half-decent RB2 (or 3,4 or 5) so they're running game is literally none existent right now.

I get that Gase wants disciple and for everyone to see things his way as head coach, I sort of respect that. But if it pisses everyone off to the point that they need to be traded for pity picks, it's probably not worth it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah giving away decent players because of CULTURE doesn't always pan out!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Bring Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams out of retirement

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If we resign Daniel Thomas I swear to god...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

shyduck posted:

Yeah giving away decent players because of CULTURE doesn't always pan out!

Watching the Bills and Jets give away their best players and being way better than expected has turned me into an It Factor guy.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

This Ajayi trade is paving the way for Blount to come back to NE for another super bowl.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm not complaining about having Ajayi on the Eagles, buuut I'm not sure "a lack of offensive weapons" was the most pertinent problem for this team to be solving at the moment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They were def lacking running backs. Blount isn't a feature back and he would not last through February on this level of usage imho

Clement and Smallwood are just guys .

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm not complaining about having Ajayi on the Eagles, buuut I'm not sure "a lack of offensive weapons" was the most pertinent problem for this team to be solving at the moment
They could not beat a 2nd and a player for Duane Brown, or fit his salary, and I do not think there are any other LTs available (maybe Branden Albert?) so why not bring in an established RB maybe in the hopes to be able to establish the run a bit better to help out the new starting turnstyle LT?

edit: Establishing the run has done a ton to improve the Jaguars OL despite them only having one new player on the line. The Jaguars OL's play has improved dramatically simply because the team is running the ball more.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

That's probably the idea. Ajayi seemed ok on blocking (as far as RBs go) so I'm guessing they are just trying to do as much as possible to help Vaitai out. Who knows, Vaitai might get better with time....I loving hope he does

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The Eagles run game has been doing pretty well with schmucks + Blount, but the point about needing someone established in there (especially with Blount's age) to help out the o-line is definitely taken.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

CyberPingu posted:

That's probably the idea. Ajayi seemed ok on blocking (as far as RBs go) so I'm guessing they are just trying to do as much as possible to help Vaitai out. Who knows, Vaitai might get better with time....I loving hope he does

He's better than he was, but last year he was basically useless on passing downs because he had poor hands, poor blocking skills and poor awareness generally.

Great runner, but pretty limited when you're passing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s a bulldozer tho

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Are there any good RTs on the block? Menelik Watson is complete garbage

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Judging from the eye test, Clement has played well but doesn’t get a lot of touches.

Eagles fans, am I wrong?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bigass Moth posted:

OH well here you go, Browns front office left promptly at 5 and didn't bother getting involved...??? The GM found out about the trade an hour after it happened........

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/925342090711764992?s=09

Well its not like they have a chance at playoffs. What should they have done, traded away guys to ensure tanking for the first pick?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

John Brown posted:

Judging from the eye test, Clement has played well but doesn’t get a lot of touches.

Eagles fans, am I wrong?

He got injured a couple of games ago iirc. Think he's back but yeah..Showed a lot of promise.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s a bulldozer tho

Oh yeah, he's great and I'm upset we think traded him, let alone for a fourth rounder, but he's not good in the passing game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ketchup vs catsup posted:

This Ajayi trade is paving the way for Blount to come back to NE for another super bowl.

You barely beat the Jets

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

got any sevens posted:

Well its not like they have a chance at playoffs. What should they have done, traded away guys to ensure tanking for the first pick?

Gotten fire sale assets that could be held onto for next year or signed to longer-term deals

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

John Brown posted:

Eagles fans, am I wrong?
Carries against the Niners:

Blount 16
Clement 10
Smallwood 1

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ha, that makes sense. I never thought it was realistically possible for the Eagles to get Megaton onto the roster--not enough space and too much poo poo would have had to happen to make it work. But it would have been fun to see!

This will be his new nickname after he begins eating his weight in pretzel dough every week.

Anyone Calvin Johnson opening a pretzel shop is a twist I didn't see coming.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmfao a Colts beat writer just got whooshed by a fake Rap twitter account.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/925393682127294465

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Again, I think if Howie is working the phones they aren't looking for a starting LT, they're looking for someone who can act as an overall backup lineman because the line is getting pretty thin and our backups at Guard and Center aren't great either.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/925409908354199552

Thank you, Bears. Hope you're enjoying the Mitch Trubisky experience :dance:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925419511741902848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Why would Blount need to go to another team to get to the Super Bowl when 18-1 is real?

• Locked thread