Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Currently driving nearly 60 miles a day to work & back, a single 13.7 gallon tank lasts me all week and then some. And my car has shorter final drive (4.06 up from 3.82), a big brake kit and I drive it like I stole it.

Shift before 5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Hm

Not exactly CT level drama or impact (no hard meaning with "drama," I know it's used more often sarcastically), but this slays me.

Picked the wrong month to stop drinking. Just got this text randomly midday today.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mileage chat: 25.8 MPG (9.1 L/100 km) in my 86 and my commute is 14 km (8.7 mi).

I fill up once a month.

I'm so sorry.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Turns out that a flat-nosed brick with a turbo diesel engine gets pretty good gas mileage. Averaged 25 mpg last tank in my Rugger. :toot:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
TT, i've been driving my Isuzu NPR to work every day, and my 4.75l turbo diesel in a 8000lb chassis gets better mileage than you.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Not exactly CT level drama or impact (no hard meaning with "drama," I know it's used more often sarcastically), but this slays me.

Picked the wrong month to stop drinking. Just got this text randomly midday today.

Now you can play BotW uninterrupted. Don’t question your blessings, embrace them

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
True that! I beat Ganon at 60 hours but I can't stop. Did just pick up Splatoon though so should start on that.

Also got three new rolls of filament for the 3D printer so I can go hog wild without having to worry about house noise.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
truck routinely gets 13-16mpg, bike gets 30-42mpg. Truck typically gets a fill once per month or two(39 gal). . bike never misses a gas station(5.8gal). Commute is 30mi round trip on class days.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I think I get worse than TT, 11.8mpg in my Tundra, but to be fair its running $1.70/gallon E85. Regular is about $2.40 and it gets 14.5-15. Have to fill it twice a week.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Mustang and truck both average(d) about 15. Bike gets 45. 20 mile roundtrip commute. 33 gallon tank is nice, though.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 30, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Hm

Nice. You got the couch all to yourself then.
Time to blaze a fatty and chill to some netflix.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The new Wolfenstein is kicking my rear end. Fun though. Not as good as Doom but a fun shooter.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Previa_fun posted:

The new Wolfenstein is kicking my rear end. Fun though. Not as good as Doom but a fun shooter.

It's probably good that it's so hard because it's a good bit shorter than I expected. Definitely fun and surprisingly encouraging of Doom-style tactics.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I feel like the developers of the current Doom didn’t know which way to take the game after Doom 3. Then they played Brutal Doom and said “yep let’s put a spit polish on that.” Still a great game but I can’t help but notice the influence.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry so many of you guys are having a rough time of it, I went through hell back in Feb and this forum helped a lot.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

guy who emailed me about my craigslist posting for my 1990 Honda Acty posted:

I've seen that before and I've always wondered who the dummy was driving the clown van. Something i expect to see at the circus where 30 clowns climb out of. LoL seriously dude why the silly van I know its to be recognized by somewhat of an identity but you really want to be identified as the guy with the silly clown van? it is in mint condition I'll give you that. for sure not many in the US. I'd guess because they look stupid and not many would go through the hassle of importing it

:confused:

I sent back a reply:

me posted:

lmao

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That dude probably drives a Dodge Ram and has no fun in his life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And a tiny penis.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That dude probably drives a Dodge Ram and has no fun in his life.

I mean, yeah of course but do they really have to so completely and with such absolution fulfill the stereotype so perfectly? I'm giggling and how insecure that dude must be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A 2001 Toyota Solara is just a 2 door Camry right? A friend of a friend's family is sitting on an undriven one with lowish miles and seems to be in great shape and I hear it can be had for like a grand. Gonna go take a look tomorrow and see what the word is.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

:confused:

I sent back a reply:

When I was selling a Florida XJ up in New York at an inflated price, I got all kinds of emails about how dare I ask for an unreasonable amount of money for Jeep Cherokee and that I was an idiot to think I would ever get that much.

I sold it for my asking price within two weeks :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842195

Have at you!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Hm

Let me help you save some typing. Simply cut and paste this into your messaging app:

'Let's stop pretending and make it every night'

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I mean, yes, but I still have this lease and no moving money. It's 1200/mo and I pay 400 and choice bills. Gotta make it until tax time.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I mean, yes, but I still have this lease and no moving money. It's 1200/mo and I pay 400 and choice bills. Gotta make it until tax time.

'Let's stop pretending and make it every night. I'll get a new place as soon as I can, so you only have to cover your share of the rent til then'

spog
Aug 7, 2004

'PS. I faked all my orgasms.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

• Locked thread