Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

It's a chat thread. Vent about the introduction of American traditions to backwards countries like Australia, or just enjoy this shot of Stubby Bob being awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Ephphatha posted:

It's a chat thread. Vent about the introduction of American traditions to backwards countries like Australia, or just enjoy this shot of Stubby Bob being awesome.

potentiall unpopular opinion: I dislike the new front wheel/tire sitch on Stubby Robert.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

potentiall unpopular opinion: I dislike the new front wheel/tire sitch on Stubby Robert.

Yeah I don't know what the deal is, but I don't like it.

E: I think I see disc brakes...maybe a front axle swap?

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Dagen H posted:

Yeah I don't know what the deal is, but I don't like it.

E: I think I see disc brakes...maybe a front axle swap?

I think you're right. Probably a good idea both from a landing gear standpoint, and a stopping standpoint!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Fuk u aus t:mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Halloween candy will soon be on clearance for pennies on the dollar. :yum:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

man i was just going 2 do this eff u

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Fuk u aus t:mad:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

man i was just going 2 do this eff u

Dunno what percentage of "shitspeak" and what percentage of "rude as gently caress" led to these unfortunate souls getting probated, but I suggest the kind folk of Automotive Insanity not follow this general posting style even in chat threads because holy gently caress is it garbage.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Adiabatic posted:

Dunno what percentage of "shitspeak" and what percentage of "rude as gently caress" led to these unfortunate souls getting probated, but I suggest the kind folk of Automotive Insanity not follow this general posting style even in chat threads because holy gently caress is it garbage.
Yay! Adiabatic for mod!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I like the way November is looking.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Seminal Flu posted:

I like the way November is looking.

But it's not November yet...?

Unrelated... New Spintires..?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/675010/Spintires_MudRunner/

edit: ...

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Adiabatic posted:

I apologize for FAT 32 SHAMER. YOSPOS purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

For content, how is the new Ford Bronco looking? I haven't been able to keep up with any news since I've been so busy, but I was legit excited to hear about it since I loved the style of the original.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Adiabatic posted:

I assume alcohol was involved.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It is (nearly) November, nearly my birthday. Every year for the past 6/7 years I've thrown pizza parties but this year I just cannot be hosed. What's wrong with me AI? Wed MD says cancer (thought it always says that).

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Lupus.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I think you're right. Probably a good idea both from a landing gear standpoint, and a stopping standpoint!

Yeah, I imagine they softened the springs up a lot at least, so the landings aren't a killer.

Dagen H posted:

Halloween candy will soon be on clearance for pennies on the dollar. :yum:

And here I am trying to lose weight/avoid sugar.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It is (nearly) November, nearly my birthday. Every year for the past 6/7 years I've thrown pizza parties but this year I just cannot be hosed. What's wrong with me AI? Wed MD says cancer (thought it always says that).

Get your birthday poo poo on enough times by people and you stop giving a poo poo about it. 29th birthday was literally "Ignore Tinal the whole time and then yell at him for being rude because he decided to go home."

I left my 30th birthday before almost everyone else (was originally going to spend the night where it was happening) and the only people who noticed were the ones I drove home. There was a pig roast and everyone had started the party before I even got there (impatient fucks, tell me the right time to show up at then) and I got to eat my birthday dinner alone before going up to join the rest of the party.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 31, 2017

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I think my truck is trying to kill me. The brakes have locked up under mild braking every time I've driven it this week and left me just a few feet away from a at-fault accident. Time for a overhaul...

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
I love '80's cars.
I hate this though:

5 temp sensor/connections, half a dozen vacuum, millions of relays, defunct PCV/crankcase blowby scavenging. MITSUBISHI!!!! :argh:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Happy Octvember y'all. Where is the best coverage for SEMA? Like actual good stuff not the gross icky rocket bunny everything.

Unrelated chat: This morning a lot of local Walmarts had the Super NES classic in stock. I told my wife to go buy a hundred but at least try for one. She didn't seem as enthused.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fermented Tinal posted:

Get your birthday poo poo on enough times by people and you stop giving a poo poo about it. 29th birthday was literally "Ignore Tinal the whole time and then yell at him for being rude because he decided to go home."

I left my 30th birthday before almost everyone else (was originally going to spend the night where it was happening) and the only people who noticed were the ones I drove home. There was a pig roast and everyone had started the party before I even got there (impatient fucks, tell me the right time to show up at then) and I got to eat my birthday dinner alone before going up to join the rest of the party.

Dude. That's poo poo. My friends are great but I'm just feeling super lazy about everything this year.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Dude. That's poo poo. My friends are great but I'm just feeling super lazy about everything this year.

Friends?

Family does this to me.

Friends get me drunk and stoned next time we're all in the bar after my birthday.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Is it just me or is it weird that adults throw birthday parties for themselves. A surprise party from friends/family I get, but planning one for yourself? Just seems odd to me.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I dunno bud I throw a garage party for my birthday generally. A bunch of Eve and AI goons come actually. They can be fun if they're more "party" and less "birthday".

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I apologize for FAT 32 SHAMER. YOSPOS purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

For content, how is the new Ford Bronco looking? I haven't been able to keep up with any news since I've been so busy, but I was legit excited to hear about it since I loved the style of the original.

Other than "yeah, we're building one" I don't think there's been poo poo said about it. Probably Everest-based, but that's all that's really 'known'.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Is it just me or is it weird that adults throw birthday parties for themselves. A surprise party from friends/family I get, but planning one for yourself? Just seems odd to me.

My last several birthdays have just been my wife taking me out to dinner and either a movie or a show and she usually bakes me a cake. I haven't had a "birthday party" as such since my 21st and that was really just a pub crawl.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Welp, got my ankle bill. After insurance, I still owe $4 grand, which is like a month-and-a-half's worth of salary. Spent my meager savings on new tires so I don't die this winter. Time to call em and say "hey so yeah please help me pay you."

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

I have never planned my own birthday and I think the last time I had a good birthday party was when I was a teenager.

My 18th I spent getting lost walking around Toronto, my second day living in that city, trying to enroll in highschool. I went to four different schools and got told to pound salt, got yelled at by my father for not trying hard enough because I was ultimately unable to find a HS that would both give me most of my credits from Florida (I lost like 10 still because of "cirricular differences" and had to take an entire extra year of HS instead of graduating early like I would have in Florda, they made me retake half of grade 11 ffs) and well, enroll me at all. That's the story of the day I legally became an adult. There was no party, in fact I got bitched out for being upset over having spent my birthday doing something futile.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I love '80's cars.
I hate this though:

5 temp sensor/connections, half a dozen vacuum, millions of relays, defunct PCV/crankcase blowby scavenging. MITSUBISHI!!!! :argh:

Honda's of the same vintage aren't much better.

No wonder everything was vacuum powered though. The 80's sucked.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Perfect time to repost these:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
And people ask why I only own 1st gens with the emissions rats nest removed...

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
Geeze, I feel a little better about this, then: (although the schematic is deceptive to reality)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hissssssss! Get it away!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I always go for a meal out with my parents (and my brother if he's available), it's kind of a tradition to go to this restaurant I've had my birthday meals at for literally decades now. I don't really do parties.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Magnus Praeda posted:

My last several birthdays have just been my wife taking me out to dinner and either a movie or a show and she usually bakes me a cake. I haven't had a "birthday party" as such since my 21st and that was really just a pub crawl.
Same. My birthday for the last 20 odd years has been going out for dinner with wife and maybe folks, followed by a cake. And that's a maybe. More often than not it's indistinguishable from any other day.

scuz posted:

Welp, got my ankle bill. After insurance, I still owe $4 grand, which is like a month-and-a-half's worth of salary. Spent my meager savings on new tires so I don't die this winter. Time to call em and say "hey so yeah please help me pay you."
Jesus christ :911:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Unrelated chat: This morning a lot of local Walmarts had the Super NES classic in stock. I told my wife to go buy a hundred but at least try for one. She didn't seem as enthused.

This is like a self-:hf: but I convinced my wife to drive to the store that was a ways down the road and she was able to grab two. :getin:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

scuz posted:

Still gonna do roller derby? If so you're a brave man.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

YAY! My favorite month, time for the SASS pool! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Still gonna do roller derby? If so you're a brave man.
...or a stupid one! The answer to that is "yep" but I got fat, out of shape, and as a result have become a bit depressed. Finally bit the bullet and bought some body-weight suspension straps and bolted em to my basement wall so I could get back into athletic-ish shape. Realized I hadn't broken a sweat in 3 months...

I've been doing bench coaching for the league in the meantime and also got our league 501(c)3 non-profit status as well as got our home venue relocated. Board of Directors ain't gonna direct itself, ya know.

• Locked thread